Pages:
Author

Topic: Should bounty hunters show English proficiency certificate? - page 2. (Read 1768 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
in fact a very reasonable demand. however, as long as the reader is able to understand the main theme, I think there is no problem. especially in telegram groups.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
There are many countries in the world and they use different languages. So if they are smart then they will encourage using multiple languages to advertise their projects. Because their primary language will make that project clear and easy access to the nations of the bounty hunters
Activity: 124
I think the certificate of English proficiency is not so necessary. This increasingly sophisticated technology now anyone can learn any language on the internet at the same time learning properly drafting his sentence. they are still not enough to mess with the grammar of the language because they are yet to find out how not because cannot.
Activity: 98
Correct. this will improve the quality of posts. especially the gift of translation. but on the other hand, for some people who are not too good, maybe leave this forum.
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
This sound funny to me,  to what end is the English proficiency certificate?  How about those from non English speaking countries?  I don't think this is necessary for bounty hunters.  The essence  of writing is to publicise the project,  so if the readers can understand  the not so perfect English from some hunters,  then I think   they are good to go.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
Lol thats very funny was it some kind of debate or an english exam going on i dont think that is necessary at all the fact is the a message was passed and was understood if it was not they should ask for clearification.
Activity: 95
I think that for many non-native English speakers, it is a demanding requirement to use beautiful English grammar. As long as they are not spamers, you can understand each other's meaning of language and communicate.
This is a forum for discussion rather than an academic forum. Communication is the most important. English writing is not for everyone's good at it.
Activity: 24
I think that's a good decision bro. But all of these decisions are in the hands of the Bounty Managers, bro. I agree more if there is no certificate, bro, because the era is getting more sophisticated. When someone is not proficient in English, you can ask Google for help translating their language, bro.
Activity: 644
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .

If all bounties requires English proficiency then its gonna be hard for some of bitcoinist to participate because I know even if they are not fluent in english at least they can express their selves in English. We knew that English is a Universal language and all countries can speak in english even though its bad or not at least they are trying their best to speak or writing in English.
copper member
Activity: 178
No, I don't think that is necessary.
Crypto is not in any way has to do with certification I guess so why bounty hunters?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .
English proficiency certificates will help enhance post quality but I think it is pretty unfair for the bounty hunters that are only speaking native or local languages. Maybe every project team has to include local board posting within the bounty program as it can also help the project be known, spread it's ideas and be understood and promoted locally by local bounty hunters. Based on my observation some bounties requires "English only" language for the program where bounty hunters also has no assurance that the project will become successful, gonna be paying, scam or token payments could have a better value as expected after the bounty program but yeah as a bounty hunter everything is 50/50 so much better to expect the unexpected.

Then their will have a limited number of participants.
About translations, The portfolio doesn't need translation history in bitcointalk or past bounties.
They are asking some work for you, which you can post to their thread.
It can be something like on other sites or stories, just make some translations and save it, this will serve as your sample work.
Activity: 18
i think its not a mandatory, as long they understand the phrase of word they writting, and they can use google translate before post something or comment some post.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
English proficiency certificates will help enhance post quality but I think it is pretty unfair for the bounty hunters that are only speaking native or local languages. Maybe every project team has to include local board posting within the bounty program as it can also help the project be known, spread it's ideas and be understood and promoted locally by local bounty hunters. Based on my observation some bounties requires "English only" language for the program where bounty hunters also has no assurance that the project will become successful, gonna be paying, scam or token payments could have a better value as expected after the bounty program but yeah as a bounty hunter everything is 50/50 so much better to expect the unexpected.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
not all know English and English are not there main language so it is not right to restrict them to participate. a person can learn if he/she are engage in it. it is a good thing that they are trying. the more experience they get the more they will learn. this forum is like school it can teach everyone.
Yes I agree on that no need to restrict it as long as the English is understandable, I also believe that the manager of the bounty it self know how to check the bounty hunters works and they can approve or reject the post of the bounty hunters it is all up to them it is not depend on bounty hunters the checking is in the managers task and the bounty hunters need to follow the rules.
Activity: 532
not all know English and English are not there main language so it is not right to restrict them to participate. a person can learn if he/she are engage in it. it is a good thing that they are trying. the more experience they get the more they will learn. this forum is like school it can teach everyone.
brand new
Activity: 0
English is a very important language, so if you want to better understand the industry, then learning English is necessary.
Activity: 168
For me, as long as the post of the Bounty hunter are being understood and within the topic,there's no need to show English proficiency certificate.
Activity: 328
Merit: 10
www.daxico.com
Even bitcointalk forum does not restrict it language of use to only English so how should a bounty which seeks to draw investors from the global market insist on only English. I think the manager want to minimize the prospects of the project becoming an international project.
Activity: 352
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
English language caters to much wider audience. Thus, it must be checked with out most quality. Some of the bounty hunters are just using jargons and extensions just to make their sentences longer but it destroys the grammar of their sentences in the process. It is better to post in their local boards if that will be the case than just spamming the forum for the sake of bounty weekly post requirements.
Activity: 192
Merit: 10
If the project they are promoting is looking for english promoters then yes it would be nice to have proper english being used.  Maybe there could be a certificate program but how would you verify someone did not just fill in to get the certificate.  These would then  be being sold like accounts and merit.  LOL  Maybe the shit posts are ok. 
Pages:
Jump to: