Pages:
Author

Topic: Should bounty hunters show English proficiency certificate? - page 6. (Read 1768 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .
That would be a great help to improve the forum and possibly eliminate spamming by some bounty hunter who are copy/pasting only. I just have some doubts if he is serious since it would be the first time that such rule will be implemented and don't think that it will push through.
I agree.The intention might be good for everyone here but i think it's not really necessary to require an english proficiency certificate.As long as you know how to speak and write english that can be understood by the rest of the team,and honesty is also there,then that would already create a quality post.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .

no need, but you have to use good and right language, it's a necessity for all campaign participants.
As for other things like regarding good posts, especially like education and sharing knowledge. so we have to create quality.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
And if a person is self-taught, where will he get a certificate of ownership ? It can also issue if you are professionally trained to do so . May also improve the number of messages, but the number of participants will significantly reduce
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
according to my point of view, expertise in English does not need to be prioritized, but the most important thing in a bounty is the performance of the participants.
it is useless in English but the performance is poor.
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
That would be a great help to improve the forum and possibly eliminate spamming by some bounty hunter who are copy/pasting only. I just have some doubts if he is serious since it would be the first time that such rule will be implemented and don't think that it will push through.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
It dont think it should be an implement require because not all of us have a chance to learn english. there others out there who knew so much about crypto but doesnt speak english fluently. I think we should have an awareness campaign that  caters proper english grammars

Then their will have a limited number of participants.
About translations, The portfolio doesn't need translation history in bitcointalk or past bounties.
They are asking some work for you, which you can post to their thread.
It can be something like on other sites or stories, just make some translations and save it, this will serve as your sample work.
Activity: 266
As for me, this is some kind of nonsense) What for certificates are needed, when now Google translator translates so well that this translation is difficult to distinguish from ideal. But maybe for writing articles in English, this is not a bad idea
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
It dont think it should be an implement require because not all of us have a chance to learn english. there others out there who knew so much about crypto but doesnt speak english fluently. I think we should have an awareness campaign that  caters proper english grammars

Then their will have a limited number of participants.
About translations, The portfolio doesn't need translation history in bitcointalk or past bounties.
They are asking some work for you, which you can post to their thread.
It can be something like on other sites or stories, just make some translations and save it, this will serve as your sample work.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Maybe that way is a bit too discriminatory. The purpose of this bounty is to create Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is created unnecessarily in English but used for all circles.

But if it has to be there, like it or not you have to learn English from Google. LOL
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
This is probably just a joke from the bounty manager. It doesn't really require you to have an English grade certificate. Besides, this certificate is estimated that most people don't have it. If my native language is English, what need to prove something?
Activity: 126
It dont think it should be an implement require because not all of us have a chance to learn english. there others out there who knew so much about crypto but doesnt speak english fluently. I think we should have an awareness campaign that  caters proper english grammars
Activity: 638
Merit: 300

I don't think it will be implemented. It is not fair to those who are not really good in English but this forum is really for those who know how to communicate in english , that is why there is a local board. If you want to communicate with your own language go to your local board. and if you want to learn english yoy should read this forum every day so that you will learn too. 
Activity: 224
Well, there are no such serious requirements. But for a better understanding you need to know English so that the manager can help you
Activity: 196
Sounds funny, but I can agree with him. It would not be good, if half of the forum would be full of comments, with awful grammar, and no sense.
Merit: 11
It seems to me that it is too cruel at least because not everyone has the opportunity to learn English. This will critically reduce the number of participants absolutely all bounty
This will improve the quality of posts and significantly reduce the number of people participating in the bounty as many use online translators and absolutely do not know English
Merit: 14

I don't see the use of it. The bounty manager can freely choose which bounty applicants to accept based on their previous posts. From those posts, he can instantly judge whether the applicant is fluent in English or not. Maybe he said that sarcastically.
Activity: 336
I think this is an extra requirement.  And if he does not speak English correctly, ask him for a certificate!
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
Because of bad English in the telegram group, we as the bounty participants are necessary to show the English proficiency certificate? I think it is really not necessary, and I totally disagree with the statement of the bounty manager. I think that's not important because the conversations are not in the forum, even in here no such the rules like that. It is an act of discrimination.
We are on different parts of the world that own different languages and i think this forum is not only for those who have a good english but for people who would like to know all about  cryptocurrency investment. Cryptocurrency is for all not only for people who are good in english only. As long as they have important idea to convey in thier post, please try to understand the idea and not checking the grammar or spelling. One of the saying stated that "English is just only a language, not measure of intelligence."
Agree! I like your opinion.
Activity: 1366
Merit: 107
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
We are on different parts of the world that own different languages and i think this forum is not only for those who have a good english but for people who would like to know all about  cryptocurrency investment. Cryptocurrency is for all not only for people who are good in english only. As long as they have important idea to convey in thier post, please try to understand the idea and not checking the grammar or spelling. One of the saying stated that "English is just only a language, not measure of intelligence."
Pages:
Jump to: