Pages:
Author

Topic: Should bounty hunters show English proficiency certificate? - page 3. (Read 1768 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .
I think it's a bit excessive if we have to show an English language proficiency certificate to take part in a bounty campaign, because the bounty campaign is also a job that is not always good, even a lot of bounty scams.
actually it causes positive and negative things, but I suggest that if you want to make a regulation, it must be well thought out.
Activity: 18
We are in a global world where language should not be a barrier to reaching any height you do decide to reach, so I won't encourage English Proficiency certificate. How about bounty managers requesting for French proficiency certificate? Then Portuguese, Swahili and the likes, this won't turn out good, I would rather that he specifies that the bounty should be in simple and correct English with zero tolerance for wrong use of words.
Activity: 16
A bounty manager in one telegram group was mad at the bad English of some hunters and made a statement that his next bounties will require English proficiency certificate. What are your views.I think it will enhance posts quality .
Even though the bounty manager has a good reason for his decision, but I will not support such an idea, he should instead specify that the bounty is for those proficient in the use of English Language. I am from a country where English is our official language, but nobody gives you a certificate for English Proficiency.
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
Then don't count those. There are many posts some are qualified for being counted, some not.
Activity: 238
In my opinion, they must have professional knowledge and level to better express their ideas. Now that Google translates very well, it's hard to distinguish this translation from the ideal.
Activity: 45
I believe that this should not be done as a prerequisite . Not everyone will be able to provide this certificate, if at all at least someone can . Knowledge of English ideally is not a decisive factor for good performance. Of course we all need to work on the quality of speech to make it even more useful.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Decentralized Transportation Solution
I think not so require. Because here are all the free expression. Even this forum only we didn't know there was anybody. even here could also try to learn English, sharpening so that better.
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
I think this is stupid. As a bounty manager, I can't participate in her project if I can't show the English proficiency certificate. This is very unfavorable for herself. If a bounty manager has no followers, she will lose her job and her bounty will become junk.
Activity: 260
I think it wasn't need to show that kind of English proficiency certificate because it will become crucial to every bounty hunters specifically people who knew how to talk English. Maybe the only thing the manager need is long patience and understanding I guess, because if they have it they will understand it even if it is hard. Also the bounty hunters must also their English proficiency even if it is only gradual improvement so that the bounty manager will not take a lot of time to understand them.
Activity: 30
This is bad. Because not everyone is well-qualified. The demanding is very ridiculous, I think this is a crazy idea
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
It is a fully bullshit and it is unreal to implement, just forget about this and keep working. And that "pro manager" will realize this very soon too.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Sounds weird. Maybe it is better to ask a diploma of education from bounty hunters? Smiley))

A bounty campaign is not an employer that have right to ask any certificates.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
The "certificate" seems a bit too much but I agree that there should be some sort of element that will make sure the person that joins the bounty should have enough English. I mean I am not a native English speaker and I know that my English is not perfect yet I still see people that are in bounties with much much worse English than mine.

If my English is not perfect like a native speaker and if I see people even worse than me that means bounty managers are not doing their jobs to make sure the people who get into their bounty has decent English. I think certificate is too much but a small chat about something (maybe about the bounty for example) should be enough to show the bounty manager that if the participant has enough English or not.
Activity: 266
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
I do not think bounty hunter souls show English proficiency certificate,  if this is applicable to posting and interacting with the forum and people,  large majority of forum users will be cut off!
Activity: 574
Certificate is too much, but most of hunters should learn English better to fulfill all obligations and avoid making trash content for ICO promotion.
Learn language and increase your value !
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I think this will not happen in mass mode, perhaps only some companies will put such requirements. Not everyone has a certificate. But the certificate itself is not an indicator of language proficiency. Some can just buy a certificate. And this will not affect the quality of posts.
Activity: 112
That is okay, I will just made it up on my computer if I have to join bounty campaign they managed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
Maybe there is no need to show certificate. Maybe the admin can ban those bounty hunters that will posts in the thread or reply in telegram with bad english. Certificate for me is not enough to show your proficiency in the language, it is what you show or write. And I will suggest that attitude might also be included.
Activity: 224
That is not possible. I believe communication is when both parties understand themselves. In as much as you can understand what information a bounty hunter is trying to pass across, that's all.
Activity: 434
Merit: 70
It seems to me that the requirement of a certificate of knowledge of English will be superfluous and nobody will like this idea
Pages:
Jump to: