Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 27. (Read 24188 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 104
January 24, 2019, 11:05:18 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

I agree to this point of regulating ICOs as many scams are happening these days resulting investors are making distance from ICOs and more the pf the projects are not able to reach hard cap. There should definitely be some regulation to control this all but problem is its a bit difficult to make it working in P2P or decentralize network, still I think there must be some way. If such regulation comes in to existence crypto market capitalization will surely be increased.
Activity: 1024
Merit: 100
January 24, 2019, 10:53:07 AM
ico is difficult to regulate, which can regulate only financial institutions in their respective countries. rather than a regulation it is better to make an independent institution to analyze and learn all things related to the project. starting from teams, companies, and concepts. this is more realistic than encouraging ICO regulation.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
January 24, 2019, 10:32:10 AM
I think ICO must have more specific regulations. like having to go through accurate data data. there must be an examination in each ICO team. The ICO will develop if regulations are clearer and safer.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
January 24, 2019, 09:58:19 AM
By seeing the high level of ICO scam, I feel that the rules and regulations in implementing the Program need to be regulated. if the regulation is difficult to enforce, it would be good if the people in this forum could be made the third person in the ICO program.

Regulations are needed mainly to protect investors and punish criminals. Now, it's enough for someone to create an anonymous website, post there an idea, and people send money to him. It can not be like that! The project must be registered for a specific person to be able to bear responsibility in the event of fraud.
Activity: 602
January 24, 2019, 09:52:44 AM
By seeing the high level of ICO scam, I feel that the rules and regulations in implementing the Program need to be regulated. if the regulation is difficult to enforce, it would be good if the people in this forum could be made the third person in the ICO program.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
January 24, 2019, 09:21:26 AM
Of course it should be but the question is by who? Who will be the regulatory? The yellow media, the centralised government, the corporate world or who?
Activity: 350
FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET
January 24, 2019, 09:17:33 AM
I think that even regulators will not be able to solve the problem with fraudulent ICO, most likely they will also interfere with normal projects!
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
January 24, 2019, 09:14:22 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
Yes and yes! I am all in for the regulation of ICOs. I have lost a great deal of cash through scammers masquerading as project developers. It's really disheartening that these scumbags are let loose on unsuspecting public. It's time to end all that fraud. Let the regulation come.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 24, 2019, 09:06:26 AM
Sure ICO need to be regulated, investors protections is really low in ICO and so many fake ICO that just trying to get easy money from it. I do believe with good regulations ICO will become better and more people will trust it and it will prevent scammer to fund money from ICO.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
January 24, 2019, 09:00:30 AM
I agree with you. Regulation of cryptocurrencies is one of the most pressing problems that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. In my opinion, with the advent of the regulatory body, cryptocurrencies will become much more attractive to investors and will be able to gain huge popularity, which will have a positive impact on the market capitalization.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
January 24, 2019, 08:55:32 AM
I agree that ICOs need some regulation. We can not go on like this. Any team who wants to get fund for their project must to be qualified for managing crypto and fiat money.  Crypto is a transparent place where wee need to know where our money is used thats what i generally like in crypto. Nowadays most of the project has financial crisis because of bad management of their funds.  Any ICO who can not able to reach their minimum investment must forced to refund their investors. We must have some rules for refund also.
Activity: 644
January 24, 2019, 08:54:32 AM
Yes, I think the ICO must have clear regulations. If the ICO regulation is clear, it will attract the public to invest in ICO projects and also to avoid investors losing their money. Believe me, if that happens the crypto future will be very bright.
for now indeed I think there are no clear rules to regulate everyone holding an ico. freedom makes many people use it to cheat investors. if there are rules for ico to take place, I think it will be good, it doesn't matter when it's done it will cause ico to decrease, but what's better is that all existing ico are of good quality.
copper member
Activity: 479
Merit: 11
January 24, 2019, 08:43:03 AM
I am a believer in decentralization but we cannot go on like this, something has to be done or we will all perish Scam ICO are one of the big contributing factors on our current situation, and the only way to fix this is a regulatory but I don't how it's going to be implemented may be the only option is STO who is making a big noise now, either way, I want to see a new market trend..
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
January 24, 2019, 08:28:32 AM
I think ICOs should be regulated, the level of Scam project springing up is really alarming and I also believe that if been regulated, it will boost investors to partake as the will have that sense of it been a legit project
Activity: 145
January 24, 2019, 07:54:10 AM
Yes, I think the ICO must have clear regulations. If the ICO regulation is clear, it will attract the public to invest in ICO projects and also to avoid investors losing their money. Believe me, if that happens the crypto future will be very bright.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
January 24, 2019, 07:26:40 AM
We all understand that the ICO sector is in dire need of sensible regulation. The main goal is to protect investors from unscrupulous projects. If nothing is done with the regulation, the ico niche will soon cease to be attractive both to investors and bounty hunters.
Activity: 518
January 24, 2019, 07:19:56 AM
I think crypto needs some kind of regulation or centralised authority to stop the scams and greed. Oh wait! Is this not what we were trying to get away from...
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
January 24, 2019, 05:40:46 AM

I strongly believe and recommend that ico should be regulated.because only through ico that new fund come into market and if proove to be scam again and again then it become difficult for crypto to grow. Regulated market increase the confidence of investor
You did not think that when the market of ICO projects is regulated, there will probably be a lot of new rules and innovations, and it can be assumed that regulators will not have a positive attitude towards holding bounty campaigns, and projects will distribute their tokens only to verified investors. There are advantages and disadvantages to market regulation.
There are various security tokens that are regulated and still offering bounty, bounty is not a disease, it is a form of advertisement therefore regulation won't put an end to bounty campaign
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
January 24, 2019, 05:36:33 AM
ICO regulation is a very controversial issue. Many different opinions have already been expressed on this score, and often these opinions are radically opposed. Some people believe that regulation is not necessary because it contradicts the basic principles of freedom and anonymity. Others believe that regulation is necessary because only in this way can we avoid a large number of fraudsters. I think that this should be the golden mean.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
January 24, 2019, 04:47:41 AM
ICO must be regulated because it is now very risky. Many projects experience fraud and this causes many people to suffer losses. An institution must be created to audit ICO projects so that it will help everyone.
Pages:
Jump to: