Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 25. (Read 24188 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
February 07, 2019, 12:40:13 AM
With all those scams that seems not stopping, so a regulation for ICO is so much needed. If not, then he possibilities of any new Scam ICO will keep on appearing, since they will easily leave everything without being catch after they got what they wanted.

I agree, without regulation, icos will have no hope, investors will never put their money into ico, and it looks like haters are happy with this condition so they reject the presence of regulations.
Activity: 312
Merit: 1
February 07, 2019, 12:25:45 AM
I definitely think they should be under speculation but I also think they are on their way out too. I was just listening to this podcast today about ICOs STOs and DEX startups according to a blockchain lawyer, might be worth checking out:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-21-navigating-regulatory-landscape-in-blockchain/id1432912612?i=1000429311411&mt=2
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
February 07, 2019, 12:20:40 AM
Most experts in the crypto market now hold the opinion that it is necessary to continue the preparation and integration of effective methods for controlling the situation and regulating the current ICO market. Thanks to this, it will be possible to attract trust among investors, to receive additional money for the development of the market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
January 30, 2019, 06:35:24 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
I know that some people are mad that there are so many scams in the market and they want someone to regulate the market but in my opinion that goes against the principles of cryptocurrencies and we should not accept it, if we want less scams going on in the forum we have no option but to improve ourselves and to stop investing in such scams.
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
January 30, 2019, 05:55:31 PM
I think that icos should be regulated. Cause the ICO market is not going so well. The main reason behind this is scammy projects. In last few months we saw many scammed projects those just took investors money and vanished. And not only the scammy projects we also see some projects which is failed in development phase. So I think if regulation happens many people will be save from this kind of scams.after regulation maybe the number of icos will be decrease but there will be a trust factors on that icos. So at this point regulation is very important.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
January 30, 2019, 02:04:36 PM
I believe it is high time ICOs should be regulated to protect both investors and bounty hunters. These days, there a plenty of scam projects, so something needs to be done to stop these scammers, it can't be allowed to go on.

That's right. First of all, it is necessary to protect investors, they are the fuel for the growth of the crypto market, if it succeeds, more and more ICO will raise funds and continue their growth after entering the  exchange, which means bounty hunters will receive payments.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
January 30, 2019, 01:14:17 PM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

It really depends on the nature of the ICO project dude. I like your perspective indeed, but I think it is analogical to the project. For example, W12 needs a regulatory body as an ICO, as to TapCoin which would not need KYC. It really depends on the perspective of every individual after all!
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
January 30, 2019, 01:43:05 AM

In this case, the most effective way to get rid of fraud in ICO projects is government regulation of ICO activities. No public audit can replace hard enforcement measures by authorized state bodies. Public bodies will be ineffective. Now, many states are developing appropriate regulations to regulate the activities of ICO and I have only hope for them. I especially like the prepared rules for regulating the activities of ICO in Russia. I am sure that there will be no fraud in ICO projects. It also provides for the presence of a certain amount of money in a bank account before holding an ICO, and the whole fundraising process takes place only through banks, and the state authorities will control even the target expenditure of the collected funds during the ICO.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
January 29, 2019, 11:46:47 PM
I believe it is high time ICOs should be regulated to protect both investors and bounty hunters. These days, there a plenty of scam projects, so something needs to be done to stop these scammers, it can't be allowed to go on.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
January 29, 2019, 11:43:04 PM
ICOs do need to be regulated even though this is harder to do due to their global nature and existing crypto laws in the country of the ICO team and so on.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
January 29, 2019, 11:40:56 PM
With all those scams that seems not stopping, so a regulation for ICO is so much needed. If not, then he possibilities of any new Scam ICO will keep on appearing, since they will easily leave everything without being catch after they got what they wanted.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
January 29, 2019, 11:09:39 PM

they say its good because it reduced scams , frauds and other cyber crimes but they didnt know that there are now already ico's that are being regulated but most of them still didnt succeed    . some are suspended and some are scamming  thier investors  .   in my opinion  , being regulated or not are both the same because the potential risks will always remain   .  what do we really need is some sticker rules  . we must not allow any ico's to post on our forum until ther didnt past the required verification and further inspections     .
Activity: 350
Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io
January 29, 2019, 10:56:25 PM
Of course, I think it will be good if there are rules about ico, this certainly also aims to reduce scam projects that will harm us, with the rules about ico of course hoping for ico in the future it will develop better and more investors will invest capital
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
January 29, 2019, 10:19:03 PM
I think it's a very good idea that a surveillance system is established to oversee the ICO. We have many people who are caught up in suffering because they have promoted fraud projects. If this regulation is made and can run well, of course, ICO will get more trust from investors.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
January 29, 2019, 09:36:57 PM
I think for cryptocurrency to go forward, then we still need some regulations not because of the scams alone but it will improve the market quality. If cryptocurrency should get regulated, it will bring in institutional investors into the market as they will feel free to trade in the market without worrying about booking any laws. And also it will help reduce the rate of scam in the cryptocurrency space. Though it might have an adverse effect on the decentralised nature of the market.
Activity: 77
January 29, 2019, 09:00:57 PM
Many Sates already make/made the attempt to a regulated asset even with bitcoin.

Some have regulation and treat it exact in the way it is previous with Security´s ( ICO ) asset ( bitcoin ).

The problem is in the people saying this is a high risk asset class and Forget currency´s where the same/higher risk to invest is happening.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
January 27, 2019, 05:32:19 PM
I think it needs to be partially regulated, if not completely. because it is officially drenched with nonsensical projects. I think they will benefit the market with a small arrangement of them.
Yes, regulation is a very important element in the development of cryptocurrency assets. The price should not have such large fluctuations.
Activity: 987
Merit: 254
January 27, 2019, 07:36:30 AM
I think it needs to be partially regulated, if not completely. because it is officially drenched with nonsensical projects. I think they will benefit the market with a small arrangement of them.
Activity: 336
January 27, 2019, 06:48:38 AM
Ico regulation is on viewpoint for every country government but with guidelines too we can expect positive developments for upcoming icos
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
January 27, 2019, 05:41:13 AM
Some countries had already imposed their own regulation on ICOs to prevent fake or scam ones. Here in my countries, our own security and exchange commission have already implemented their own brand of regulation to protect the crypto community and the public against any scamming groups that uses initial coin offerings. Companies that are offering exchange services are also required to register.
Pages:
Jump to: