Pages:
Author

Topic: Should video games be considered a sport? - page 11. (Read 10346 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
No, it's entertainment like pro wrestling

"Pro" wrestling, is that even a sport LOL.  Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
No, it's entertainment like pro wrestling
Activity: 89
video game should not be considered a sports because it is most times played at leisure hours and is has a less competitiveness without physican exertion.
Activity: 63
Please search definition about sport before asking this.
Activity: 75
video game can be regarded as a sport, the only attribute not present here is physical exertion.
but then looking at it critically, there is a form of physical exertion between the eyes and the hand which enables a quick eye-to-hand response and reaction
Activity: 98
I think yes. It's like chess, which also doesn't require any physical activity
Activity: 53
Of course not! When you actually do sports, you need to focus on sports. Your eyes get tired already from screen after using computer and phone all day long!
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Before saying something please know the origin and meaning of sport

sport (n.)
early 15c., "pleasant pastime," shortening of disport "activity that offers amusement or relaxation; entertainment, fun" (c. 1300), also "a pastime or game; flirtation; pleasure taken in such activity" (late 14c.), from Anglo-French disport, Old French desport, deport "pleasure, enjoyment, delight; solace, consolation; favor, privilege," related to desporter, deporter "to divert, amuse, please, play"

So video games do this role perfectly
Activity: 112
I don't think that it should. Sports are good for educational purposes as well as your health and socialization. E-sports are competitive rubbish. Today children have wrong idols.
Activity: 28
Yes Of course even though it's not an physical like others sports but in video games your body and mind it's a weapon. Esports they considered as a sports
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.

Yes indeed, you can call it a sport same as chess  Undecided
Activity: 1
only dota.  Cheesy
Activity: 33
yes,because your mind is thingking to strategy from vidoe game...
Activity: 26
Actually, in the present, video games are considered as a sports. They called it "E-sports". In this world of innovation, the thing in the environment are changing also. In the field of technologies, those are the things that improving. E-sports is already famous all over the world. Example of these is playing DOTA 2 and League of Legends. As of now, one of the reason why the world is united is the E-sports. Competing each other and having a good time.
Activity: 73
I personally never support this.
Activity: 42
I believe video games are just for leisure and entertainment. I can't really, personally, consider them as sports.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
xCrypt
It can't be considered as sport,it's silly to equate it with football,basketbal and etc. Only compiting in a real world can be considered as a soprt.
Activity: 336
never, because video game is not a real soprt.
Activity: 181
Merit: 2
Definetely a sport
Activity: 75
It’s already a sport. They consider to put esports in Olympic Games. I think after 8 years it’s gonna be a Olympic sport. Fingers cross, easy medals for Asian country’s.
Pages:
Jump to: