Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin? - page 13. (Read 3455 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
July 27, 2018, 01:31:09 PM
If you now change the name bitcoin, this will introduce a very big mess. After all, most of the world's population know about crypto-currency more in the name of bitcoin. If bitcoin renamed, this would bring a lot of damage to the popularity of crypto currency. It is better to focus on the functionality of bitcoin, which he still weak, and not on his name.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
July 27, 2018, 01:13:53 PM
No i think its no! because bitcoin was already change many thing in our world and you could use it for many purposes like being alternative bank or stocking your money with some gaining or profit.

Not at all required to do re branding of the already branded stuff in the world. You require re branding when people do not know about it. Bitcoin is now famous and even it is known in the small countries of the world and its benefits.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
July 27, 2018, 01:12:06 PM
No definitely not a good idea people will only get more confused and may loose all interest in it, rebranding may not always work there're many examples of it being a flop, I don't see anything wrong just let it be at it is people are liking it the way it is. There is already mass adoption so touching any aspect of it now would be disastrous.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
July 27, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
I believe that rebranding doesn't make sense! Because the name of bitcoin is very popular and creates an aura of success around itself) Grin

I agree as well. rebranding bitcoin to something else may disfavour the community because most people now already know about bitcoin and changing it would only cause confusion, in my opinion. Plus, I do not see the need or benefits of doing so.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
July 27, 2018, 01:02:26 PM
It's silly at this stage to rename bitcoin. Many people have already heard and know bitcoin. If you rename it, if you have about one and a half thousand other types of crypto currency, this will introduce real confusion. Especially, if there are already many forks, in the title of which there is the word "bitcoin". This is absolutely not worth doing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
July 27, 2018, 01:01:24 PM
Bitcoin is ok the way is it. It does not need rebranding. The alternative coins are created to work on bitcoin flaws
Activity: 121
Merit: 7
◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale
July 27, 2018, 12:57:21 PM
What do you mean rebrand? This action is unneccesary for us to do ths. 1) We do not know the creator of bitcoin. 2) Bitcoin is special why do we need to rebrand it?
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
July 27, 2018, 12:56:07 PM

Rebranding in which perspective or in what aspect?

Rebranding is more or less adding more value to the already made product or bringing in a new features to making a product more attractive to its customers. Bitcoin has gone thus far in just a short time interval with lots of activities which has yielded more positive and meaningful results and outcome. come to talk of it, rebranding, you just might be sending wrong signal to the entire members and customers even if there is nothing wrong going on. people might just be sceptical of it and if not properly handled i wonder what would happen. If there should b rebranding then it should be on the negative aspect of it and i believe that would wright the whole wrong already done in the past.

Activity: 238
Merit: 15
July 27, 2018, 12:41:02 PM
I believe that rebranding doesn't make sense! Because the name of bitcoin is very popular and creates an aura of success around itself) Grin
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
July 27, 2018, 08:37:13 AM
For me we dont need a rebranding of bitcoin, i agree that many country think that bitcoin is scam and damaging it reputation about it, but bitcoin live a long time now i hope the best for it.
Activity: 357
Merit: 10
July 27, 2018, 08:17:10 AM
No i think its no! because bitcoin was already change many thing in our world and you could use it for many purposes like being alternative bank or stocking your money with some gaining or profit.
Activity: 356
Merit: 14
https://exiptoken.io/
July 24, 2018, 01:38:26 PM
I do not see any valid requirement for going for Bitcoin re-branding. It is true that it has been depreciated but still it is more valuable and doing better than most of the other coins as well as stocks. Hence, there is no such requirement at the moment.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
July 24, 2018, 01:08:40 PM
I think yes becuase people do not trust bitcoins anymore. I trust just investment projects which I believe in for instance Socratus. It is a insurance ecosystem which provide a digital platform for insurance companies . So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem such as property, flight delay, cyber insurance and etc. Their main aim is to help insurance companies to reduce costs (it can be reduced from 15 to 25 %) and  get their business on new level. Also, they powered by Smart-contracts & Socratus Oracles.
Its either they lose their money from bitcoin because they knew it is the way to get rich faster or they don't know how bitcoin and crypto works at all for the people who say they lose their trust, rebranding can just cause confusion to let the BCH take the example for that plus bitcoin is not a company at all it is decentralized let alone the brand takes it's journey to the market rebranding is not a good idea at this point.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
July 24, 2018, 12:55:31 PM
Rebranding will just cause confusion to the community. I think it is just nonsense to rebrand bitcoin since its name is already well-known all over the world.
Yes.Bitcoin has already gained high popularity for the past 9 years.And it's not easy because bitcoin had experienced too much negativity from those judgmental people who barely never know the real value of bitcoin.But look at bitcoin now,it's still stands strong and firm.So i think there's no need to rebrand bitcoin  because people are already starting to love bitcoin even more.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
July 24, 2018, 12:18:36 PM
No because it will create confusions and conflict. We should respect the owner of bitcoin and that coin represent something we do not know that only the owner knows about it and we have to respect about it. Apparently bitcoin is one good name and in my own opinion that bit in bitcoin is something does related to a data in bits and coin as currency. So basically bitcoin is a very good name to describe the coin.
Activity: 28
July 24, 2018, 12:06:39 PM
Rebranding will just cause confusion to the community. I think it is just nonsense to rebrand bitcoin since its name is already well-known all over the world.
Activity: 66
July 24, 2018, 10:23:58 AM
Pro: Many investors will feel refreshed that bitcoin changes its face and have done some improvements (If they also plan to do some improvements about the coin).
Cons: More people will feel that bitcoin was irreplaceable and that it's rebranding might made it worse reducing the people who will go with the flow with the new and rebranded bitcoin.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
July 24, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin
In my opinion, it isn't necessary because bitcoin is having a famous brand now after 10 years of growing.
We should pay our attention on solving current its problems like transaction fees and speed, security and making it become more popular.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
www.daxico.com
July 24, 2018, 09:47:09 AM
There arw lots of fork and new coins which already rebranding bitcoin and fix bitcoins flaws and dis advantages but still people and investors still patronize bitcoinand if you plan for another rebranding you would create another coin and i dont think people would patronize it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
July 24, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
no, we dont need to rebrand the bitcoin, i think the rebarnd is just for the product that doesnt have the user or there are no one that want to buy that produt, but we can see in here that bitcoin have the good demand and the price of bitcoin is high because of this. so we dont need to rebrand a bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: