Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin? - page 14. (Read 3455 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 103
July 24, 2018, 09:41:58 AM
Most of crypto currencies will wither away as the market matures. Yet after talking to half a dozen people in every position across the industry, one thing is clear: Cryptocurrencies, through their names, websites, logos, and brands, resonate with people in ways far beyond getting rich quick. In a world where most of us feel helpless amidst big corporations and an indifferent government, we may define ourselves by the type of money we spend–and the special culture that our chosen coin represents.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 09:40:45 AM
no need to rebranding for the name of bitcoin that over time has more and more demand, if you look at the purpose of bitcoin itself then there is no need for repetition for now.
I agree. obviously don't need to do a rebranding to names of the bitcoin. so just need to look at the market to analyze price decreases or does bitcoin ride again
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
July 24, 2018, 09:37:16 AM
To be honest, I don't think that we need rebranding of Bitcoin at this stage because the growth is tremendous since inception and the momentum is still going on. I do see an adverse effect on the growth of Bitcoin instead of any benefits of rebranding. I think we should put more efforts in building awareness about it because of there many misconceptions among people regarding Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
July 24, 2018, 09:29:58 AM
Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin
I think that this is very difficult, you can see that recent bitcoin prices are showing signs of strong recovery, but can see that the market is still bearish, so bitcoin prices can still fall. strong at any time. Although bitcoin prices have increased, market capitalization has not increased sharply, indicating that volatility from altcoin is falling on bitcoin.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange
July 24, 2018, 09:29:22 AM
I don't see any logic why we need to re-brand a decentralize currency that has already established for 10 years and it's getting popular around the world. Changing the concept of bitcoin will lose the trust of those investors and this will add some loopholes on the blockchain.  
Activity: 29
July 24, 2018, 09:28:38 AM

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

NO, BITCOIN NEED NOT ANY BRANDING
Activity: 490
Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising
July 24, 2018, 09:25:50 AM
My own opinion, its not useful to rebrand bitcoin because it already shows success. Many already know it as brand name. What best to do is just focus on upgrading the system so that it shows continuation.
Activity: 96
July 24, 2018, 09:01:12 AM
There is actually no point in rebranding. Plus it will just cause confusion for the millions of users of bitcoin.  There will be so much to do if even that will happen.
Activity: 210
July 24, 2018, 08:59:59 AM
Re-branding is definitely not required because BTC just touched 8k mark and it's just the beginning and you will see in near future how BTC will break new records.
Activity: 14
July 24, 2018, 08:37:45 AM
No now is no need to re branding bitcoin because when this currency was created then its branding already done and remaining till bitcoin will live.if Ur idea for re branding bitcoin is initiate than this will be a biggest loss for bitcoin because other coins replace bitcoin and its value. this is already a big brand and known as a bitcoin so basically no required any changes or branding.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
July 16, 2018, 10:57:16 AM
Bitcoin originality is it current form, which baffles and amazes financial scholars. At this form it continues to be a mystery to the real sector. I personally believe that there is no need for rebranding.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
July 24, 2018, 07:41:17 AM
Definitely a bad idea. Bitcoin cash was misleading enough, don't add anymore confusion for the public. Also, you are wrong to compare bitcoin with a company as it is not a centralized figure.
Activity: 24
July 16, 2018, 11:04:18 AM
Bitcoin has an identity and there's no need to rebrand and no compelling reason to rebranding for the name of bitcoin that after some time has increasingly request, on the off chance that you take a gander at the motivation behind bitcoin itself at that point there is no requirement for reiteration until further notice
Activity: 280
July 16, 2018, 10:39:34 AM
No need to change brand for bitcoin.bitcoin has spent 10 years to build a foothold a solid brand in the world.  in the place where I live.  When it comes to cryptocurrency a lot of people do not know.  What is crypto?.  But when someone talks about bitcoin most people know.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
July 16, 2018, 10:33:32 AM
I do not agree with rebranding Bitcoin at all because now the whole world knows it as Bitcoin. Would you rebrand Nike or Mcdonalds after such a long time it has taken to build these brands? I do not think it would be wise and it would just cause a terrible aftertaste and confusion in the market as there are many Bitcoin forks already and changing the name of Bitcoin would just make it all a lot worse. I do not agree to this idea at all but that is just my 2 bit.  Grin
Activity: 126
July 16, 2018, 10:26:22 AM
The beauty of bitcoin is it uniqueness that leaves everyone guessing. There is certainly no need for rebranding. For rebranding to be considered, agreement has to be reached by various miners, but this is not needed.
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
July 16, 2018, 10:23:46 AM
WE should not do this. Bitcoin has already established what is it, what it can do and how it will be used. This will provide confusion the the community if it gets rebranded.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg
July 16, 2018, 10:07:53 AM
it does not need that because if the crypto world that already in fixed fixed crypto assets in gital,
I think it's like sepan
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
July 16, 2018, 09:53:20 AM

No rebranding that bitcoin needed because everybody in this world already familiar with bitcoin.
The things bitcoin needs to improve is the transaction speed and the safetyness for the user.
If thhose things already perfect, i'm sure bitcoin will be the only one currency in this world
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
July 16, 2018, 09:16:56 AM

My personal point for that question is that it is no need to Rebrand Bitcoin. It has its own party in the world and people still believe and trust it.
Pages:
Jump to: