Pages:
Author

Topic: Signatum (skunk) ccminer-krnlx 30+mh 1070, 52.5+ mh 1080ti [FREE,OPENSOURCE] - page 5. (Read 39453 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Simple calculation:

1. Start mining with krnlx or sp mod and note the time and number of SIGT.

2. After 6 hours (the longer the better) come back and see how many SIGT have been mined.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 with other miner.

4. Compare # of Sigt mined; the higher # is the better miner.

Ive been tracking mine for days now. Im pretty confident krnlx with suprnova sucks balls. At least for my setup. (Win 7 64 bit, 1060x3, 1070 x4)

Just because it shines doesnt mean its gold as the saying goes....

Simple?

There is the difficult that changes every block, there is the luck in prop, pplns pools.

Traking for days means nothing. Sigt was a totally diferent thing 2 days ago.

First off Suprnova is pplns and not prop. Luck means nothing over extended period of time. The number of shares has a bigger impact.  
While each block varies usually from 10-350 seconds; if you track for 6 hours that 63 blocks min (pretty accurate for an average yield).

Every person knows the block reward halved after phase 1; but how many remember the yield before and after it?
Just because reward halved doesnt mean you make 50% less.

Sigt was totally different 12-24 hours after it launched and is less so after phase 1.

completely wrong bigjee ...

local hash - pool hash - and especially nethash play a massive part in all your so called calculations ...

this is why your logic is completely skewed an inaccurate ...

you would be absolutely correct IF your local hashrate AND the pool hash AND the nethash did not change at all ... it does - every 30seconds ... at times - the nethash fluctuates from 1terahash to 3.7terahash and back in a matter of hours ... this is a heavy displacement in diff and a massive difference in mining ...

your 6hour transient time frame means nothing in such circumstances - and these circumstances are a highly regular occurrence in signatum ... in fact almost all coins ...

if you want a better way to get more accurate figures - then you need to get out of the time frame mentality - and actually get into the mathematics of the code ... not by some arbitrary way of guessing the figures ...

the moment i post this from when i started - the diff and hashrate all changed dramatically again ... from 1.4th to 1.6th ...

#crysx
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Simple calculation:

2. After 6 hours (the longer the better) come back and see how many SIGT have been mined.

Ive been tracking mine for days now. Im pretty confident krnlx with suprnova sucks balls. At least for my setup. (Win 7 64 bit, 1060x3, 1070 x4)

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

a lot of newbee accounts praising SPmod like they know everything.. hmm... What to make of it. Unless you test both miners on the same pool for at least a day simultaneously there is no way to compare results

I'm not praising SPmod, I'm just stating the facts.  I've mined a lot of different algos with a lot of different miners through Suprnova.  My reported hashrate and what suprnova reports are always within 20% of each other.  In this case krnlx reports I'm getting 116 mh/s.  Suprnova reports 33.  That's quite a large difference.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Simple calculation:

Eh, mining 6 hours with 140% pool luck and mining another 6 hours with 100% luck can really make a difference.
Activity: 336
Merit: 258
Activity: 2
But is there any future for this coin, it would definitly be geat to have some more coins to mine, new algo so what?  what do you guys think..? wort hodling?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Medical Translations for Bitcoins

Thankyou, no virus Smiley, faster for me on my Asus/Gigabytes 1060 6gb 19.5mh vs 18.5(SP3 or 5) @ 70 pl, +150c, -500m

248kh/w

same for me with the rednoW version
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
Asus Dual OC +500 memory +150 core

I only tested the 32 bit version on Win x64

I use linux but u can get the same a i think, i use 8 X ASUS 8OG

-i 25
CoreClock : 130-140 depend on the card
MemClock : -2000 ( if u use window -1000 )
PowerLimit : 150W ( 100% on windows )
TempLimit : 70° ( Set ur fan at 75% on window )

u grab 30.3/30.8 mh/s

Woov I m getting 30+ Mh/s with +140 core -1000 memory on windows x64
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
Simple calculation:

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

a lot of newbee accounts praising SPmod like they know everything.. hmm... What to make of it. Unless you test both miners on the same pool for at least a day simultaneously there is no way to compare results
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Simple calculation:

Activity: 434
Merit: 107
Simple calculation:

Simple?

There is the difficult that changes every block, there is the luck in prop, pplns pools.

First off Suprnova is pplns and not prop. Luck means nothing over extended period of time. The number of shares has a bigger impact.  
While each block varies usually from 10-350 seconds; if you track for 6 hours that 63 blocks min (pretty accurate for an average yield).

Every person knows the block reward halved after phase 1; but how many remember the yield before and after it?
Just because reward halved doesnt mean you make 50% less.

Sigt was totally different 12-24 hours after it launched and is less so after phase 1.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
32-bit binaries always a little faster because memory pointers are shorter. Many other reasons exist, but as long as you don't need 4GB+ memory for your application, there is no point in building 64-bit monsters.

I was surprise to know about 32bit is faster. I always thought 64bit is faster than 32bit. Thanks for update.

Generally it is faster to deal with smaller memory structures, smaller pointers etc. More of it will fit into L0/1/2/3 cache and CPU will be happier.

There are cases when you need to do a ton of 64-bit math and leverage 64-bit CPU registers, or if your dataset does not fit into 4G address space like with large databases or Excel spreadsheets.

There is a reason Visual Studio 2017 is still a 32-bit application...
Activity: 158
Simple calculation:

Simple?

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
32-bit binaries always a little faster because memory pointers are shorter. Many other reasons exist, but as long as you don't need 4GB+ memory for your application, there is no point in building 64-bit monsters.

I was surprise to know about 32bit is faster. I always thought 64bit is faster than 32bit. Thanks for update.
Simple calculation:

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
WARNING: Do not let the reported hashrate in this miner fool you.
Track the SIGT generated over a few hours to determine if it actually yeilds more coins.

For me this krnlx mod is very deceiving and gives less coins. Please stop posting your miners hashrate showing 30+ on 1070, 50+ on 1080 Ti.
Its all garbage. Ive tracked the numbers over 6 hours of use and compared to it other mods such as sp3. So just a headsup

PS: the power usage spikes along with gpu usage drops are very common every 2-3 min on each card. Just wanted everyone here to know the truth. Maybe an update to this is in order. That being said dont let the high hashrates fool you.
This is open source so you can fork the repo and submit any appropriate pull requests.
I've been wondering about that myself. The hashrate displayed by the pool, I am mining on, jumps all over the place. What do you believe to be the most stable miner for skunk?

Sp mod 3 has worked much better than this as per trending.
I cant speak to it being most stable but is better than krnlx (yields are consisitently higher but reported hashrate is lower. I get better yields by using a lower intensity on the sp3 mod also) .

It's funny that I see the other way around, krnlx's is much more stable and yields.
I had reviewed the codes, they are clean (as if you was trying to accusing of cheating hash rate). And if you want to learn, I can teach you how to do that..
You can also learn to use YiiMP site to narrow down which version is better.
Also, there are no point of "lower intensity" for sniff pick.. dial down the TDP if you want to lower your power usage..

im only dialing down the intensity because the computer gets laggy.
Electricity is free for me so I dont mind the power usage.

I looked at yimp specifically the different miners used on that pool.
Can see sp mods have higher hashrate than krnlx in most cases. Shows while most ppl are using krnlx its not as promising as ppl think it is.
mod 3 is still higher hashrate.

Link
http://yiimp.ccminer.org/site/miners

Also yiimp has 2% pool fee versus 1% on suprnva.

How you made conclusion SP mod 3 is faster then KRNLX?

I am curious. I will switch to SP 3 then, but it's hard to find difference, KRNLX always show better numbers.
Activity: 49

Thankyou, no virus Smiley, faster for me on my Asus/Gigabytes 1060 6gb 19.5mh vs 18.5(SP3 or 5) @ 70 pl, +150c, -500m

248kh/w
WARNING: Do not let the reported hashrate in this miner fool you.
Track the SIGT generated over a few hours to determine if it actually yeilds more coins.

For me this krnlx mod is very deceiving and gives less coins. Please stop posting your miners hashrate showing 30+ on 1070, 50+ on 1080 Ti.
Its all garbage. Ive tracked the numbers over 6 hours of use and compared to it other mods such as sp3. So just a headsup

PS: the power usage spikes along with gpu usage drops are very common every 2-3 min on each card. Just wanted everyone here to know the truth. Maybe an update to this is in order. That being said dont let the high hashrates fool you.
This is open source so you can fork the repo and submit any appropriate pull requests.
I've been wondering about that myself. The hashrate displayed by the pool, I am mining on, jumps all over the place. What do you believe to be the most stable miner for skunk?

Sp mod 3 has worked much better than this as per trending.
I cant speak to it being most stable but is better than krnlx (yields are consisitently higher but reported hashrate is lower. I get better yields by using a lower intensity on the sp3 mod also) .

It's funny that I see the other way around, krnlx's is much more stable and yields.
I had reviewed the codes, they are clean (as if you was trying to accusing of cheating hash rate). And if you want to learn, I can teach you how to do that..
You can also learn to use YiiMP site to narrow down which version is better.
Also, there are no point of "lower intensity" for sniff pick.. dial down the TDP if you want to lower your power usage..

im only dialing down the intensity because the computer gets laggy.
Electricity is free for me so I dont mind the power usage.

I looked at yimp specifically the different miners used on that pool.
Can see sp mods have higher hashrate than krnlx in most cases. Shows while most ppl are using krnlx its not as promising as ppl think it is.
mod 3 is still higher hashrate.

Link
http://yiimp.ccminer.org/site/miners

Also yiimp has 2% pool fee versus 1% on suprnva.
Activity: 206
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187

I use linux but u can get the same a i think, i use 8 X ASUS 8OG

-i 25
CoreClock : 130-140 depend on the card
MemClock : -2000 ( if u use window -1000 )
PowerLimit : 150W ( 100% on windows )
TempLimit : 70° ( Set ur fan at 75% on window )

u grab 30.3/30.8 mh/s
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation

Pages:
Jump to: