Pages:
Author

Topic: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070 - page 17. (Read 209263 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
i guess this is not possible with clymore right? so it was something that optiminer did wrong with his fee in his build

i would say it's possible, if communication protocol is plain json.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Optiminer builds no longer available due to people circumventing the absurd devfee for subpar miner, lolz.

i guess this is not possible with clymore right? so it was something that optiminer did wrong with his fee in his build

Alright, coding is done. I need to tweak parameters quite a bit to get optimal performance, though.
I will keep you guys updated.

200 sol per 1070 coming?
Not sure, though he does have countermeasures, and it slows down ~5% (same as -nofee option) if you try to avoid it.  But 2.5% for a top notch miner is a lot more reasonable than 10-15% on a subpar miner.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
sadly crappy 280x can do 235sol/s at 1200/1600
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Optiminer builds no longer available due to people circumventing the absurd devfee for subpar miner, lolz.

Alright, coding is done. I need to tweak parameters quite a bit to get optimal performance, though.

200 sol per 1070 coming?
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Nah I just happened to check on progress, and saw notice on the Github page.  I would have no interest in removing a devfee, I just find it interesting Optiminer attempted an absurd devfee, on a miner that is not the fastest, which incentivised people to remove it, to get speeds similar to the fastest.
Well...I would have used it even with 20% fee IF the owner guaranteed stability. There was no such guarantee, so even 1% was too much. Stupidity is hardcoded into human nature Smiley
I actually coudn't believe that someone is trying to sell stupid proxy and wasted numerous hours to secure something so stupid that could be bypassed by simple iptables ...oh what a day...
Nah I just happened to check on progress, and saw notice on the Github page.  I would have no interest in removing a devfee, I just find it interesting Optiminer attempted an absurd devfee, on a miner that is not the fastest, which incentivised people to remove it, to get speeds similar to the fastest.
Miner Developer
Good stuff, good stuff.

Meanwhile you figure out the bottleneck..guess the vector calculations :-D

I would think so too, but it was actually algorithmic. What a surprise after days of head-scratching...

In my most recent discussions with Marc, he says the atomic_add in ht_store is still a problem.  Although the counter table is small enough to fit in L2 cache, he says he's seeing a 60% miss rate.  The L2 cache write-back must be lazier than we want, so if the cache line for the slot can be flushed at the end of ht_store the hit rate should be improved.

Yeah, that function is a total b*tch... I also noticed those counters are slowing things down considerably. I don't know if we can have that kind of precise control over the L2 cache, though. I suspect the root cause is at a higher level. Luckily, I still have 8 hours my time before the end of the day  Smiley We shall see.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
It's 11 a.m. here in California, so you never know Smiley
The actual work doesn't look that easy, though. We will see.

Great zawawa , boost my Nvidia gtx 1070 pls Smiley .
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Thanks, guys...zec miners at the linux fort are anxiously awaiting for the cavalry to arrive just in time to save the fort from the v8 "hordes"  Grin
Activity: 588
Good stuff, good stuff.

I would think so too, but it was actually algorithmic. What a surprise after days of head-scratching...

In my most recent discussions with Marc, he says the atomic_add in ht_store is still a problem.  Although the counter table is small enough to fit in L2 cache, he says he's seeing a 60% miss rate.  The L2 cache write-back must be lazier than we want, so if the cache line for the slot can be flushed at the end of ht_store the hit rate should be improved.
Activity: 588
This is indeed a major rewrite. Now I'm convinced I can do this, but it's very time-consuming. We will see.

I think I can modify ht_store to get performance on par with Optiminer.  This would be straight OpenCL.  If I have enough time I should have something ready to test tomorrow.

The OpenCL compiler isn't behaving as I would like, so no luck with the relatively simple optimization.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17000600
Good stuff, good stuff.

Anxious to see what your genius has came up with Smiley
Miner Developer
Good stuff, good stuff.

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
Good zawawa.
I finally managed to bring your code into my TFS for autobuilds.So it syncs with every new commit and builds.
I splitted for AMD and NVIDIA meanwhile due to different OpenCL libs.

Meanwhile you figure out the bottleneck..guess the vector calculations :-D I will do my workout and pump. Good luck
Miner Developer
It's 11 a.m. here in California, so you never know Smiley
The actual work doesn't look that easy, though. We will see.
The murderous 8 hour Black Friday shopping is finally over... It's time for coding!
Great! I switched to windows so I guess I can provide tests if necessary.

That would be wonderful. As I became more familiar with SA's code, I can now see a rather glaring problem in the current implementation.
This is a huge bottleneck both for AMD and NVIDIA, guys. I don't think it's impossible to catch up with Claymore once it's fixed.
My wife is working today, so hopefully I can get some results in today.
Depending on Timezone "today" isn't constant value Smiley ( 9pm here)
Activity: 610
Merit: 500
The murderous 8 hour Black Friday shopping is finally over... It's time for coding!
Great! I switched to windows so I guess I can provide tests if necessary.

That would be wonderful. As I became more familiar with SA's code, I can now see a rather glaring problem in the current implementation.
This is a huge bottleneck both for AMD and NVIDIA, guys. I don't think it's impossible to catch up with Claymore once it's fixed.
My wife is working today, so hopefully I can get some results in today.
+1
Pages:
Jump to: