Pages:
Author

Topic: Silver Wallets a new kind of physical storage for your bitcoin - page 4. (Read 38749 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
The next person to order at least a half roll of the original design (10 coins) I will throw in a numbered design 2 coin!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
That coin looks sexy, Will be in touch.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Would ANACS grade a coin with "Do it your self" Pkey + hologram? How flexible are they with the writing on the slap, would they e.g. write the full public key there?
I would also recommend making sure anyone who does handle the coin to wear gloves. You'd be surprised at how many non collectors do not realize they shouldn't be handling it.

I agree to this.

Some people buy coins for 1000's of dollars, but do not spend $10 on a pair unbleached cotton gloves.
I would never handle ANY of my coins without gloves.

Btw. Nice gold plated coin you made, really impressive Smiley

Have you considered making a funded coin in the future, even though I know its not your thing?

Yeah a funded coin would be nice
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Would ANACS grade a coin with "Do it your self" Pkey + hologram? How flexible are they with the writing on the slap, would they e.g. write the full public key there?
I would also recommend making sure anyone who does handle the coin to wear gloves. You'd be surprised at how many non collectors do not realize they shouldn't be handling it.

I agree to this.

Some people buy coins for 1000's of dollars, but do not spend $10 on a pair unbleached cotton gloves.
I would never handle ANY of my coins without gloves.

Btw. Nice gold plated coin you made, really impressive Smiley

Have you considered making a funded coin in the future, even though I know its not your thing?

They grade the Casascius coins so I don't see a difference there. I do not think they would indicate a public key that is not directly on the coin. What you could do is have the public key laser etched in the gaps between Silver and Wallets. I plan on having that done for one of mine. I would also recommend making sure anyone who does handle the coin to wear gloves. You'd be surprised at how many non collectors do not realize they shouldn't be handling it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250

They'll write the full public key for an additional fee.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Beautiful coin, guys. Cheers.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
All of our coins are proof strikes!
Yeah, I realize that and there's no argument there.  My beef is with ANACS and the "MS67" grade on it mixed with the DCAM.  If it's a proof, it should be "PF67", not "MS67"...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

'proof it'    Smiley

Ummm, how do we put in a Pkey, sticker, and still send it in as proof strike?   Heh.   JK.
Looking forward to getting mine.
I got my numbered gold/silver round yesterday, and it is beautiful.  The gold gilding on it really stands out against the silver.  I may actually get this one graded.

Blazed - any idea why ANACS gave the coin an MS grade, but put DCAM on there as well?  I thought DCAM was only a designation used for proof issues, something like DMPL would be more appropriate for an MS coin.  Just curious.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I got my numbered gold/silver round yesterday, and it is beautiful.  The gold gilding on it really stands out against the silver.  I may actually get this one graded.

Blazed - any idea why ANACS gave the coin an MS grade, but put DCAM on there as well?  I thought DCAM was only a designation used for proof issues, something like DMPL would be more appropriate for an MS coin.  Just curious.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Blazzed, I am curious, is the coin assembled?

That 1 is not assembled and is not even mine.  I really do not think that ANACS cares much about the holograms when grading these...
legendary
Blazzed, I am curious, is the coin assembled?
legendary
Yes actually it arrives back today!  Design 1 coin and it got a MS-67 from ANACS.

Nice, just wondering if you go with the "Economy" Service, or "Modern 1950-present."  Seems like there is no reason I couldn't go with the "Modern" service, which is cheaper and faster.

I sent in a bunch of coins at the same time so it was the bulk economy service ($19 per coin)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Yes actually it arrives back today!  Design 1 coin and it got a MS-67 from ANACS.

Nice, just wondering if you go with the "Economy" Service, or "Modern 1950-present."  Seems like there is no reason I couldn't go with the "Modern" service, which is cheaper and faster.
legendary

Impressive, congrats Smiley
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
The second design began shipping yesterday! Sorry guys was at the Raleigh bitcoin conference all weekend. Still catching up.

Cool!:) Thats great!
legendary
The second design began shipping yesterday! Sorry guys was at the Raleigh bitcoin conference all weekend. Still catching up.

Great!  After seeing how nice the gold B came out I think I will send it in for grading, hopefully the 2nd gen coin too.  Has anyone had any of these graded yet?

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Great!  After seeing how nice the gold B came out I think I will send it in for grading, hopefully the 2nd gen coin too.  Has anyone had any of these graded yet?
Pages:
Jump to: