Pages:
Author

Topic: Silver Wallets a new kind of physical storage for your bitcoin - page 5. (Read 38749 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
The second design began shipping yesterday! Sorry guys was at the Raleigh bitcoin conference all weekend. Still catching up.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Look at what just arrived 10 days early!!! Design two!! My business partner will be shipping these out tomorrow! If you haven't reserved one yet nows the time!

hi there,..have these preordered ones been shipped out yet?

Also wondering this.  I did receive my gold plated 1st design and it really looks incredible!  The design is great and the mint did an awesome job!
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Look at what just arrived 10 days early!!! Design two!! My business partner will be shipping these out tomorrow! If you haven't reserved one yet nows the time!

hi there,..have these preordered ones been shipped out yet?
Each design will be 1000 coins only....here is the break down

First 100 coins are serial numbered (all silver first batch)
100 coins are sent back to the mint for gold BTC and trim (these all have serial numbers)
800 non numbered coins (no serial numbers)

None of these coins are funded...you generate your own public/private keys!

Are the holograms for series 2 the same as in series 1? If yes will i be able to get a couple extra with my order for series 2? Somehow i've managed to spoil all three holograms when trying to stick it on my series 1 coin:(

The holograms are the same, but we can not give you the same numbers on them...if you had coin 33 then we do not have a spare hologram numbered #33.  We do have extra holograms though that we sell for $1 each, but I am willing to send you some out free of charge just shoot me a message with your shipping info.

Thanks a lot Blazedout419..just sent you a PM:)
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

100 coins are sent back to the mint for gold BTC and trim (these all have serial numbers)

Are the holograms for series 2 the same as in series 1? If yes will i be able to get a couple extra with my order for series 2? Somehow i've managed to spoil all three holograms when trying to stick it on my series 1 coin:(

The holograms are the same, but we can not give you the same numbers on them...if you had coin 33 then we do not have a spare hologram numbered #33.  We do have extra holograms though that we sell for $1 each, but I am willing to send you some out free of charge just shoot me a message with your shipping info.

legendary

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

Awesome!  Looking forward to getting the second edition.  Great work guys!

Thanks!!  We were really happy with how design 2 and the gold trimmed design 1 turned out  Grin

nice.

whats the mintage for the above and the serial no. avaliable? do you do funding for the coin?
legendary

Thanks!!  We were really happy with how design 2 and the gold trimmed design 1 turned out  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

That's the one I'm hoping to get for my birthday present!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
The gold trim have serial numbers 1-100 and that is all that will ever be made of them.  They cost $150 + either $5 for domestic shipping or +$13 for international.

Sounds interesting. When will you start accepting preorders for the serial numbers?

These coins are in stock. Check out the post I quoted stating which numbers are available. Coins that are paid for ship the following day.

Sorry, my bad. Must've read over it. I'll check it out, thanks!
The gold trim have serial numbers 1-100 and that is all that will ever be made of them.  They cost $150 + either $5 for domestic shipping or +$13 for international.

Sounds interesting. When will you start accepting preorders for the serial numbers?

These coins are in stock. Check out the post I quoted stating which numbers are available. Coins that are paid for ship the following day.
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin

legendary
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
The limited edition Gold Plated Silver Wallet
Obverse

Reverse

How much will they cost and how many will be available? It looks really good!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
The limited edition Gold Plated Silver Wallet
Obverse

Reverse

Gorgeous coin in Silver and Gold

legendary
So i've always wanted something like this for cold storage but how would I go about getting this engraved myself ?

Me too, but I personally don't really like the look of the hologram sticker (although I realize that's a common and long-standing solution to where to put the private/public keys).  I was thinking about doing something with wood, it seems cheaper for a do-it-yourself style solution.

I think that doing a 1-off at a coin mint would be prohibitavely expensive.

Yes minting coins is quite expensive, and same with making custom holograms.  The really expensive part is buying the dies that stamp the coins they are a couple thousand + we pay over spot for the silver.  Making your own holograms also involves custom dies  Undecided  I used to always think Casascius was busting heads with his prices until we minted our own coins...he really did not have much markup at all.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
So i've always wanted something like this for cold storage but how would I go about getting this engraved myself ?

Me too, but I personally don't really like the look of the hologram sticker (although I realize that's a common and long-standing solution to where to put the private/public keys).  I was thinking about doing something with wood, it seems cheaper for a do-it-yourself style solution.

I think that doing a 1-off at a coin mint would be prohibitavely expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: