Pages:
Author

Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers. - page 2. (Read 2797 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 49
security is one of the most important thing to prevent your data from hackers. Some of the ways to your data from hackers include using hardware wallet, avoid sharing your private key with people and be careful with hackers
If we share the private key it's called suicide, because that private key is very important for the security of our wallet. So we must be more careful in storing our wallet's private key.

Ofcourse, private keys are your access to your wallet. If someone has it he can steal your coins and transfer to different wallets he has access to. Always be careful if you login and avoid any risk as much as possible. Some weeks ago I wrote a detailed article about security risks, maybe you can gain knowledge: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44198076
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
security is one of the most important thing to prevent your data from hackers. Some of the ways to your data from hackers include using hardware wallet, avoid sharing your private key with people and be careful with hackers
If we share the private key it's called suicide, because that private key is very important for the security of our wallet. So we must be more careful in storing our wallet's private key.
Activity: 854
The use of google Authenticator is a good idea of ensuring you are secured. The only disadvantage is when your unlocked device falls into wrong hands. Someone who knows what google Authenticator is used for and have little insights into Bitcoin May see your account name in the Authenticator. For this and other reasons, I have decided to keep my bitcoin on a hardware wallet and it has proven to be worth.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Activity: 1260
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

The most effective way to protect your wallet from hacker is by secure it with 2FA i guess.
But this is if only you have an exchange wallet because usually they provide the 2FA security to enhance your security wallet.
If you don't have any exchange wallet, you can use desktop wallet on your pc and backup it seed and password somewhere safe.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
Thank you for this nice thread, i definitely agree with you pal. The simpliest and basic securing of our account is not to make our password so easily be determined, or we shouldn't go to any suspiscious sites or called phising sites to login our account, it may be steal and hacked.
Activity: 70
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

I believe it is the same way like how we prevent other people knowing our social media account password. It works the same way however for this, we might eventually lose a lot of money if we are not extra careful with our wallet. I totally agree with your statements about trust no one. This is also one of the ways to keep your Bitcoin safe. No matter how close you are with them, do not let share your password spread to your cousin or friends because we might not know what will happen. Anything can happen when it comes to wealth and when they are facing difficulties.
Activity: 81
For me i protect my bitcoin by SMS phone verification when i want to access to my bitcoin account from another computer
may not store important data on a computer, save all our important data on disks, do not access addresses that are unsafe and potentially crime, always monitor or examine our important data. the security of our money in bitcoin is guaranteed safe, only the entrance through the password key, then the confidentiality of passwords is the only thing we have to save separately from our computers.
Activity: 546
All we know that hacker is all around of us so we need to be secure. I think there are some tips to make your bitcoin secure and prevent from hackers. The best thing to avoid is to give your personal private keys and password of your account or your wallet. And if possible do not talk to others even in your close friends about the amount of bitcoin and it's equevalent value when you talk xash because in that time that they know there is possibility that they have a motive to hack your account if there is an opportunity. Make your every transactions private for your own safety.
Activity: 554
Yes you are right that is one of the way to keep our coin away from the hackers so we need also be a vigilant  for us to be safe our bitcoin. Specially those a lot of bitcoin that need to be secured but I think even you have full security on online wallet it still hackable I think you need to use hardware wallet or the offline wallet to secure your bitcoin.
Activity: 32
Keep it cold storage or desktop wallet. Keep your private key safe. Don't share or don't put your private key any exchanger. Don't keep your private key something like google drive or any other storage. Keep your computer antivirus update.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Keep bitcoin - this is a very important moment for investment. I use a cold wallet to store and do not store passwords in the computer, they are written in my notebook. I think it's pretty safe.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Good advice, but I would add-don't store your Bitcoin etc on exchanges or wallets on your PC, Tablet etc, use strong passwords-not the same one you use for email, social media etc and lastly use a hard wallet such as Trezor etc. I assume your anti virus and anti malware are up to date and your os is fully patched.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
the triggering part is password haha, it's too long so i take lots of time to remembering it just in case T_T
If you are having problems remembering your passwords there are many applications that you can use that can create passwords for you and that can store them in your computer, this way you can generate unique and almost impossible passwords to crack with just a few clicks, you will need to dedicate some time to store and to create new passwords but once everything is set up it is very easy to log in your wallets and exchange accounts knowing that they are now very safe.

And if you also add  two factor authentication then you are going to be as safe as you can be and you can forget about losing your coins to most hackers since they do not have the skills to overcome a well structured defense against them.
Activity: 217
The simple measures we need to take to be able to protect the number of bitcoins we hold. And I think it is very important that you do not save your passwords in the web browser because it is easy to be stolen by hackers. This is not a measure but an advice because I see many people still make this mistake.
Activity: 303
Merit: 2
The best and simple way to avoid your bitcoin being stolen by hackers is to educate yourself from the internet you need to know what types of attacks a hacker can hack your account. Because no matter how secure a system is, sometimes humans is the greatest flaw exploited by social engineering.
I agree, we need to educate ourselves in our personal information in investment in cryptocurrency cause sometimes we are careless to used internet, hackers are always there thats why we need to be careful all the times.
Activity: 49
paper wallets thats it
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
There's really no 100% hack proof or steal proof system in place when it comes to virtual world or even in the real one. You can only go so far with multiple system to attain the highest security possible. Proper risk management is also we need to minimize the losses in security system.
Activity: 364
I think all you need to do is to have a strong password not just unique but hard to discover. You should also be aware with the sites that you signed because some them are phishing. Hoping that the moderator and creator of many apps and sites they should also trace all the accounts so that they can filter who is hacker and not.
Activity: 644

All of us are prone to hackers. To prevent to be hacked we must aware in the things they might do to hack our personal account.All of the stated above was correct. We need to have a back up to our password and do not tell to everybody how much you have on your wallet because it can be a cause to stole all of your coins, do not trust somebody to your wallet account. Its just a piece of advice that can be used to keep your wallet safe.
Pages:
Jump to: