Pages:
Author

Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers. - page 7. (Read 2758 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 252
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

2FA is the most effective way to apply or to use, then always bear in your mind to keep your private key, or if there is phrase seed keep it or save it on the safest usb you have and do back up with it. This is just an additional tips or advise.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
This is a nice information and this may help us to get rid of hackers. Its nice to use hardware wallets to make sure that is more secured. There were so many hackers surrounding us thats why we need to be aware of everything.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Thank you for sharing. I think these are the basics that some people who have been victims of scams and hackers were forgetting. Just to add, and this is just my strategy, do not lay all your cards immediately. Just play it cool. Returns will come eventually but invest only what you can afford to lose. Just my two cents.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
How can I secure my email accounts? I have been wondering if 2FA can actually be used to secure email. Thanks for your prompt response

Yes it can be used. I recommend you to not to use mobile number otp as 2fa (since there has been cases when sim cards got compromised and then email then accounts related to email) rather use Google authenticator or hardware 2fa and keep backup of 'secret key' and 'backup-codes' to secure location.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
At this time you must use a password that has no connection with your social media password. You also have to use 2FA verification, or a strong password with a hard wallet and others. So that your money is distributed evenly to more than one account. I don't emphasize that. Cool
Activity: 28
Bitcoin is the funniest and most intricate thing, but you should keep it confidential as it's your asset, so make sure you only sign up for the top and top Bitcoin companies and learn how to identify. Bitcoin fraud may occur. And make sure your email is saved.
Activity: 126
In cryptocurrency, security is one of the most important thing to prevent your data from hackers. Some of the ways to protect your data from hackers include using hardware wallet, avoid sharing your private key with people and be careful of public WiFi usage.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
This advice is a good and complete one that will surely make our Bitcoin save from hackers. These are simple tips to use your secure our wallet. Please lets
Lets avoid logging in our wallet in other people or untrusted devices. This is very risky and can lead to hacking. Your security is in your hands. Take it serious.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
PRiVCY
Other than these Tips specified for on line Wallets, we should also ensure safe-guiding our IPs. Be careful using your systems in public Places like Hotels and Parks. If there is such need, keep guard of your IPs. More so, Passphrasing could also be helpful for our on line wallets encryption.
Activity: 55
as with anything valuable, hackers, thieves, and scammers will all be after your bitcoins, so securing your bitcoins is necessary.
I recommend using Bitcoin wallets that were built with security in mind:

Ledger Nano S – Ledger is a Bitcoin security company that offers a wide range of secure Bitcoin storage devices. I currently see the Ledger Nano S as Ledger’s most secure wallet.
TREZOR – TREZOR is a hardware wallet that was built to secure bitcoins. It generates your Bitcoin private keys offline
Bitcoins should only be kept in wallets that you control.
Because Bitcoin is on the internet, they are even easier to steal and much harder to return and trace. Bitcoin itself is secure, but bitcoins are only as secure as the wallet storing them.
Activity: 174
How to save our bitcoins has been the most popular problem in the industry, and it is true that using dual or 2FD authentication can better guard against hacker attacks, which I think is the best way to use the hardware wallet.
Activity: 70
I think that you do not need to give some third-party companies at the disposal of your wallet. It is better to always have your purse, and dispose of it as you like. And two-factor authentication and a unique password is not always the best way to save your assets.
Activity: 90
Personally, I use 3 measures:
1. Set a password and use special characters
2. Turn on 2FA
3. Get the code from the phone number when making the transaction
Activity: 562
Merit: 250
Thank you for sharing this post with all. I think everyone wil be benefited from this and it is a very useful post. You have mentioned most of the tips for a onlite wallet holder. What I would like to add is everyone need to be very careful regarding passwords and no way should let any company to interfere into his/her bitcoin.
Thank you for sharing the tips for our bitcoin account to be safe from hackers it is big help for me cause now I know and aware how to care my bitcoin account we need to be careful and don't let anyone to know your personal information about your account in bitcoin keep it secret .
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
I always use 2PA. If the malicious agents steal my flogs, then they will have big problems with 2FA. This is really cool technology!
Activity: 308
First i keep my private key private and also my wallet are offline not just that i change my passwords most times and i have my 2fa thats the two factor authentication so with these i feel safe from hackers
Activity: 21
In order to keep bitcoin away from the hackers, its safe to enable 2fa, also keeping them to some hardware wallet is  must.
Activity: 267
Its always a must to secure all our accounts in accessing our virtual currencies. Always keep your accounts with you not shared to anyone whom you can't trust of. But still, even we value such belongings of us in this industry not to be stolen by someone, at some point, it really happens that you just woke up and your tokens was lost.
Activity: 128
change the password of your wallet within a period of one month, every month the word sanddi wallet must be different, that's what I do.
Activity: 28
This is a huge help for beginners like me. I alsp read other threads now about being safe from hackers. Thanks to those who have the time to make this kind of infromation and sharing it with everyone.
Pages:
Jump to: