Pages:
Author

Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers. - page 3. (Read 2797 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1
The first thing to know about keeping one's bitcoin from hacker is to know:

Which type wallet of wallet are we hodling the bitcoin
Activate 2fa security
Do not disclose privay key
Keep save your password
Make your password Alphanumeric etc
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Tips to avoid scams: https://coinedtimes.com/crypto-scams-lessons-from-history-and-recent-trends/
We have to be careful, people get blinded by money, and make mistakes!
Activity: 35
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
your tips are quite clear and detail for us to learn and protect ourselves. Thank you so much.
Activity: 32
For me i protect my bitcoin by SMS phone verification when i want to access to my bitcoin account from another computer
i don't think it is completely safe. Hacker still can hack your account in this way.
Activity: 490
Merit: 7
in my opinion Don't match the account password for buying and selling Bitcoin or bank accounts with other accounts such as social media, because it is prone to hacking, especially those with many followers. Then, also use two-factor authentication or 2FD, the additional security layer is easy to apply. There are quite a number of applications such as Google Authenticator as the installation provider of 2FD on our platform.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
Based on my own experience, you should be careful when choosing friends too and who will you trust because this thing really happened in my so-called "circle of friends" when one of these so-called friends stole tokens from the other in his Ethereum wallet and why did that happen? because he shared his private key with the one who he trusts and all in a sudden all of his hodlings are gone and we detected through transactions that one of our so-called friends stole it.The lesson is never ever to trust your private key even in your best friend because money can make people do evil things that they might regret.

the triggering part is password haha, it's too long so i take lots of time to remembering it just in case T_T

Use a password manager like KeePass2[1]. That way, you'd only need to remember one long password(master password), then you're other passwords would be as long as it can for maximum security(at least 40 characters). Just make sure your master password is secure as well.

[1] https://keepass.info/
[2] https://bitwarden.com/
Never knew about this website but thanks a lot I'll try to use those and I think it would be really helpful to me but before that, I'll try to do some research about these websites that you share for maximum security purposes. Cool
Activity: 28
We also wrote a blog about how to Spot a Fake Cryptocurrency Email. You can find it here :http://selflovesisters.com

Thanks. This is useful. I think doing constant research helps keep us stay informed and safe.
Activity: 319
Merit: 100

Thank you for the tips that you shared to us, hope I can use it in the future. I believe that as a bitcoin user you must be control the cryptos you have, just dont depend on the wallet you have but also secure yourself and do the right things and trust no one.
Activity: 34
Merit: 4
We also wrote a blog about how to Spot a Fake Cryptocurrency Email. You can find it here :http://selflovesisters.com
copper member
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
The only safest way to store bitcoins is hardware wallet, if you are planning to store bitcoins for a longer period of time then choose hardware wallets and don't store bitcoins on exchange sites because usually, hackers steal from exchange sites or from the data that is available online. Other bitcoin wallets like Coinbase etc. are also secure but don't take the risk and buy hardware wallet to store your coins.
Activity: 476

In addition to the aforementioned precautions, I still add or remove some figures in my wallet address and these numbers/figures are removed from the beginning, center and the end of the wallet address. Only me know the numbers/figures I removed or added and from where I remove it from. Even if you see my wallet address it is completely useless with the mutilation.
Activity: 32
Cold wallet + keeping passwords offline away from PC.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
don't use a online pc to store private keys. Keep your passcode safe on linux servers so that it is away from intruders.
Trust no one but yourself, keep security as of topmost priority. Keep your wallet secured and store it in safe place. Use strong random password that is hard to be recognized by someone and that only you know about it. A backup of your wallet can also protect you against computer failures and many human mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
don't use a online pc to store private keys. Keep your passcode safe on linux servers so that it is away from intruders.
Activity: 351
Merit: 11

The best way for me to keep yourself from being hacked is by making yourself not a target. Many hackers try to hack your account by your very own personl information. Use only your social media to promote bitcoin but never link it to your account wallets or even the emails you use. There are other things to add in the list but the main gist of it is be knowledgeable and cautious to every move you make.
copper member
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
I always check that i login through a secured website I activate my 2fa authentication and most importantly I don't keep more than enough in my wallet, I have more than 1 wallet and I spread my btc
Activity: 532
Thanking you, for helpful information. Especially for new entrants to crypto. I think it is safer to use a hardware wallet. So you will keep your Bitcoin much safer.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's also important to check every website you're going to visit as we may be subject to phishing. It's easy to see it by clicking on the view site information.
copper member
Activity: 280
To protect your coin from hacks, first of all, we should not give any information to anyone about our account. Because all the accounts have been hacked till date. The reason for most of them being hacked was to make the information public about their account. So you will not give such information to anyone.
Activity: 28
All the tips in this topic are great and very informative, should be compulsory for new crypto users to read and apply it. I would add one more tip:

Don't use closed source wallets, and especially never store large amounts of money in closed source wallets

This is not that much of a problem for people who only use bitcoin, because bitcoin has been around long enough so that most of the popular and established wallets like Armory, Electrum etc. are fully open source. But if you're like me and also use other coins and tokens, there's not that many options. The popular multiwallets are all closed source. There is never full source code for the current version on github, if you check it it's just pieces of code, or maybe code for some old release. I personally don't trust wallets like that, because I can never have 100% confidence in what happens to my private keys, where are they send, who can see them and so on. I currently use HODLER wallet because it was the only multiwallet I could find that you can go to github and compile the application from the source code by yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: