Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 17. (Read 104236 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I apologize for the delay, but the truth of the matter is that at current prices of BTC, we will have operated in the past week at a slight deficit.  I am waiting for BTC to go back up in price to at least cover the cost of operation.  I do round up when I calculate energy costs, so we won't be going into the negative financially.  I have confidence that Bitcoins will rebound from this slump.  I will update further once the situation is resolved.
Where do you live, Hawaii? Break-even is around $.20/kwh on a decent rig. The days of running a farm with electricity rates that high are over. Liquidate your hardware now.
Without consulting the shareholders?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I apologize for the delay, but the truth of the matter is that at current prices of BTC, we will have operated in the past week at a slight deficit.  I am waiting for BTC to go back up in price to at least cover the cost of operation.  I do round up when I calculate energy costs, so we won't be going into the negative financially.  I have confidence that Bitcoins will rebound from this slump.  I will update further once the situation is resolved.
Where do you live, Hawaii? Break-even is around $.20/kwh on a decent rig. The days of running a farm with electricity rates that high are over. Liquidate your hardware now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
Lol I invested in 50 shares at .65 per share, realised what a terrible investment this company is and checked every single day on glbse for buyers, slowly managing somehow to sell my shares for the same as I bought them for. I made a grand total of about 0.1 BTC in dividends before I finally sold them all

Now I finally have my coins out of glbse I feel like I have pulled off the great escape! I doubt I will "invest" in another company, the returns are so miniscule, even on the companies that somehow manage to turn a profit, that I'd be better off just putting my money in the bank at 2% annual interest...

Best of luck to Tawsix, this was kind of a good idea handled spectacularly badly.

Given the volatility of mtgox and bitcoins in general, I feel better having X shares of powerful hardware than x bitcoins.

I am confident in bitcoins as a currency and a platform/network, but I don't blindly hoard them. I agree that Tawsix could have certainly handled this better and still has the chance to improve... I just think this is one of the worst times to withdraw your in investments into BTC.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
Lol I invested in 50 shares at .65 per share, realised what a terrible investment this company is and checked every single day on glbse for buyers, slowly managing somehow to sell my shares for the same as I bought them for. I made a grand total of about 0.1 BTC in dividends before I finally sold them all

Now I finally have my coins out of glbse I feel like I have pulled off the great escape! I doubt I will "invest" in another company, the returns are so miniscule, even on the companies that somehow manage to turn a profit, that I'd be better off just putting my money in the bank at 2% annual interest...

Best of luck to Tawsix, this was kind of a good idea handled spectacularly badly.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
GLBSE will be down this Saturday.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
{'amount': 224500000, 'assets_paid': 2304, 'payment_per_share': 97439}

Dividends have been paid out!  The electric bill was $162.52, and 23.9 BTC was taken out to pay for it.  A total of 28.39 BTC was generated this week.

This week I will begin collecting dividends equal to that of the payout to shareholders, so all profits from generated BTC will be paid out, and no more will be reinvested back into the company at this time.  If and when we begin to expand once more, we will then discuss how much profit should be reinvested into the company, but for now all profits will be paid out.

We do have contingency plans should the price of BTC fall.  The electricity is billed at different (higher) rates during peak hours (~10am - ~7pm), and we will only mine during off-hours if mining 24/7 becomes unprofitable. 

I would like to thank everyone once again for their patience and support, especially during these uncertain times.
How much total has been reinvested on your behalf vs the investment by everyone else?

Dividends have been paid out!  The electric bill was $162.52, and 23.9 BTC was taken out to pay for it.  A total of 28.39 BTC was generated this week.

This week I will begin collecting dividends equal to that of the payout to shareholders, so all profits from generated BTC will be paid out, and no more will be reinvested back into the company at this time.  If and when we begin to expand once more, we will then discuss how much profit should be reinvested into the company, but for now all profits will be paid out.

We do have contingency plans should the price of BTC fall.  The electricity is billed at different (higher) rates during peak hours (~10am - ~7pm), and we will only mine during off-hours if mining 24/7 becomes unprofitable. 

I would like to thank everyone once again for their patience and support, especially during these uncertain times.

As long as we have enough funds to get up and running at "13 rigs producing ~12.8 Ghash/sec" again... I don't think it is too much of a stretch to let you start pulling in profit from your shares.

Could you please updated Skepsidyne.com and/or the first post of this thread?

Activity: 140
Not that it will get a lot better this time with the rates like that Wink Crap Wink I hope it goes up soon.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
{'amount': 20500000, 'assets_paid': 2304, 'payment_per_share': 8897}

Dividends are paid!  The miniscule amount is because this was the week I switched the meter cycle to Wednesdays from Sundays, so we're paying for a week and a half of usage with one week of production.  Next week will be back to normal.  Also, got one rig up today, the others should be up before tomorrow is over, then we'll be back up to full capacity.  The electric bill was $230.74, and total mined BTC was 28.21.

Your cost of production is 230.74/28.21 = $8.18/BTC
This mean your mining operation is losing money at the current Bitcoin exchange rate of ~$7.
I am curious as to what is your plan to become profitable again?
He stated he's paying for a week and a half of usage with one week of production.  It was only unprofitable because an extra 50% was tagged on to the cost of production for this week only.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

Dividends are paid!  The miniscule amount is because this was the week I switched the meter cycle to Wednesdays from Sundays, so we're paying for a week and a half of usage with one week of production.  Next week will be back to normal.  Also, got one rig up today, the others should be up before tomorrow is over, then we'll be back up to full capacity.  The electric bill was $230.74, and total mined BTC was 28.21.

Your cost of production is 230.74/28.21 = $8.18/BTC
This mean your mining operation is losing money at the current Bitcoin exchange rate of ~$7.
I am curious as to what is your plan to become profitable again?

mrb shouldn't post while sleeping
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
I've decided to cut my loses and sell my shares. Not seeing enough return, and with very few updates it is not worth it.

Dividends are paid!  The miniscule amount is because this was the week I switched the meter cycle to Wednesdays from Sundays, so we're paying for a week and a half of usage with one week of production.  Next week will be back to normal.  Also, got one rig up today, the others should be up before tomorrow is over, then we'll be back up to full capacity.  The electric bill was $230.74, and total mined BTC was 28.21.

This is basicly the dividend you should have paid last Wednesday ? And comming Wednesday we get a 7 day div payment ? (without huge electric bill?)

Sounds like this week he switched the Service Meter's cycle.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC

This is basicly the dividend you should have paid last Wednesday ? And comming Wednesday we get a 7 day div payment ? (without huge electric bill?)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's all about the game, and how you play it
Tawsix please respond to my pm.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Having issues paying out dividends, I have contacted Nefario about it so it should be fixed soon.

Again? Not pointing fingers in your direction this time Wink KJust wondering how unstable GLBSE is in this regard. Not the first time issues arised.

GLBSE is very very stable, I test the crap out of it before releasing any changes. The problem is that Tawsix was using an older version of the command line client, and has been offline so long that he missed all the notifications about the update.

Once he updates it'll work fine.

Nefario.

Ah, ok Wink

I hope yuo ramp up the web interface soonish Wink So a command line client is not necessary anymore.

Yeah it's not needed anymore, it's just kept for people who prefer using it over the web interface. Web interface is working just fine.

If anyone likes using the command line version, we're going to keep supporting it for the forseable future.
Activity: 182
Having issues paying out dividends, I have contacted Nefario about it so it should be fixed soon.

Again? Not pointing fingers in your direction this time Wink KJust wondering how unstable GLBSE is in this regard. Not the first time issues arised.

GLBSE is very very stable, I test the crap out of it before releasing any changes. The problem is that Tawsix was using an older version of the command line client, and has been offline so long that he missed all the notifications about the update.

Nefario.

Ah, ok Wink

I hope yuo ramp up the web interface soonish Wink So a command line client is not necessary anymore.

Its not necessary anymore, what are you talkin bout?
Activity: 140

Nefario.

Ah, ok Wink

Pages:
Jump to: