Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 19. (Read 104236 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
New scam idea:
- Create a legit-sounding mining company.
- Don't reveal your location or other personal details.
- Ask for investors to buy in.
- Use funds to purchase mining rigs.
- Slowly stop supporting purchased mining rigs, to where all of the investors say screw it, and sell their stocks for pennies on the dollar back to said mining company (or whoever else is stupid enough to buy them).
- Keep mining rigs, point them to a new pool, and take all the revenues for yourself.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
It's dividend day today Cheesy

Yes, but there's still 7 hours left on the East Coast.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
It's dividend day today Cheesy
Activity: 343
Seconded.

For the compensation he is receiving we should be seeing 15+ hours of work from him each week. If this is still the RMA process then get your arse into gear and start complaining. Also name and shame the company, so we and the wider Bitcoin community know to avoid them.

Next step is for shareholders to reconsider the dividend vs CEO compensation balance.

It is clear that the projections on ROI period made in the original video presentation are well out - what are the reasons for this?

As an owner of SIN stock I'd really like Tawsix to answer why there still is this heavy decrease from our previous hashing power.

It's quite unfortunate and really bothers me that you are so silent on this matter (not to say almost disappeared), Tawsix Huh
As an owner of SIN stock I'd really like Tawsix to answer why there still is this heavy decrease from our previous hashing power.

It's quite unfortunate and really bothers me that you are so silent on this matter (not to say almost disappeared), Tawsix Huh

Here you go. It recently got back up to 9. Just a few more rigs to get back up and running it seems.

Sorry again for the late payment, I will be doing payments on Wednesday for the foreseeable future, it works much better into my schedule.

I will be pasting the GLBSE response for the pay command as well from now on, it's rather informative:

{'amount': 1639000000, 'assets_paid': 2304, 'payment_per_share': 711371}

A total of 48.17 BTC was generated.  15.39 BTC was used to pay for electricity.  16.39 BTC was reinvested in to the company, and an equal amount was paid out to shareholders.  Expense update is as follows:

Electricity: $158.73

I apologize for the state of the company, I'm having difficulties with some RMA's, which is why the output is currently low.  Due to constraints on capacity as well as my ability to dedicate a large portion of time to expand capacity, we will not be expanding further until September at the earliest.  I am not sure how much larger we will be able to get without taking a leap from small-time to big-time, and at this moment I do not have the schedule to allow for making that leap.  If there is still a lot of interest in the company when my schedule clears up, we will discuss further expansion.  Because I am unsure if or when we'll make that next step, I've taken down the IPO, any money raised from investment will essentially sit in my GLBSE account and only serve to dilute the amount of BTC paid as dividends without increasing output.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1

I've updated the company page so we won't get delisted.

Could you update the first post in this thread? Since you've pulled the IPO, I believe that it would be a good idea to sum up how many shares are sold and how much BTC in total was raised.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
did 5 gh's go out the window?  Huh
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
I've updated the company page so we won't get delisted.
Does the operator of SIN still read this thread?

Yes.
The reason this is being made a requirement, people found it very hard to learn anything about the companies being listed. I'd contacted the company managers after setting up the listing page, giving them the admin login (doesn't even need a password).

Only 2 filled in the information. So I have made it a requirement that all listed companies need to have up to date information.

The absolute minimum is name, ticker, a private email (so that I can contact the company) and a short description, the others are voluntary.

I agree that a description being required is very important. Possible investors should not have to leave GLBSE to read some basic information on an asset.
I think Nerfario is quite right with the approach he is taking.

Far too many of the currently listed companies provide no financial reports whatsoever and communicate monthly or less.

This is ludicrous.

How many hours do you think the CEOs of these companies are putting in ? What hourly rate are you therefore paying them via your investments ?

When GLBSE was first launched and during the following months, I was happy reward these new CEOs with investments that I wouldn't even consider in the "fiat world" ... I considered I was investing in the long term future of GLBSE, the businesses and the wider Bitcoin project - encouraging them all.

Personally, that grace period is now over.

SIN is in danger of being delisted.

I have emailed tawsix at the begining of the week, and just sent him a PM.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-companies-being-delisted-take-action-now-37414

14 hours remain for the SINs details to be updated before being delisted.

Nefario.

That sounds bad. Do any funds get returned to Shareholders in that scenario??

Delisted means everything will be frozen, if the issue is fixed after the fact the company will be relisted. If it's not fixed after that then I'm not sure whats next.

Nefario, aren't you changing the rules while we're playing ?

To be fair, all he has to do is enter an email address and a short description about the company, it'll take about 5 minutes to create a gmail account or somesuch so not exactly a hardship.

If the company owner can't find time to do this tiny task, should they really be running a company?
___
Public information about companies traded on GLBSE, when researching a company look for:

Constant communication.
    Financial reports.
    The business managers identity.
___

Are you sure an email and a short description is all that is needed?
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]

Yes, yes I am. And the rules will continue to change, and change for a reason(and for the better), read GLBSE's terms and conditions, it mentions subject to change at any time.

The reason this is being made a requirement, people found it very hard to learn anything about the companies being listed. I'd contacted the company managers after setting up the listing page, giving them the admin login (doesn't even need a password).

Only 2 filled in the information. So I have made it a requirement that all listed companies need to have up to date information.

The absolute minimum is name, ticker, a private email (so that I can contact the company) and a short description, the others are voluntary.

Beamer, yes the site admin is the one who must enter the information (it's their email), also it's their responsibility.

Listen I'm a very free market wild west kind of guy, I hate having rules, but like rules of the road some really are needed to stop the walls falling in.

There will be more changes and rules to come in the future, but I really want to keep them to a min, the absolute min.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-companies-being-delisted-take-action-now-37414

Nefario.

Delisted means everything will be frozen, if the issue is fixed after the fact the company will be relisted. If it's not fixed after that then I'm not sure whats next.

To be fair, all he has to do is enter an email address and a short description about the company, it'll take about 5 minutes to create a gmail account or somesuch so not exactly a hardship.

If the company owner can't find time to do this tiny task, should they really be running a company?
___
Public information about companies traded on GLBSE, when researching a company look for:

Constant communication.
    Financial reports.
    The business managers identity.
___

Are you sure an email and a short description is all that is needed?

Nefario.

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
..., given Tawsix is getting 50% of the profits, ....

50%+++ because he bought shares back.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC

Nefario.

Is this something only the asset creator can do ?

I'm not sure why I am even considering doing this myself, given Tawsix is getting 50% of the profits, as compensation for doing exactly this stuff but I thought I'd ask nonetheless.

Nefario.

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]

Nefario.

Nefario.

Pages:
Jump to: