Pages:
Author

Topic: Skills vs Luck *poll* - page 30. (Read 34724 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
July 26, 2016, 12:24:51 PM
When trading What Matters More Skills or Luck?

there are no skills only prediction, so i think luck matters more as if you  will buy at good time then you will make loads of profit when you will sell them
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 11, 2016, 09:32:35 AM
"Skill" involves a lot of things:

• Predict when it is good to buy
  • Predict when it is good to sell
  • In gambling, to control yourself after a bad/good luck has happened is also a skill

It is a skill of the mind.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
July 08, 2016, 07:20:42 AM
Luck can improve your earnings in the short term, but you need skills to make any significant ROI in the long term.
Plus, if you have enough skill then you could potentially capitalize even more when you have luck with certain trades.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
July 08, 2016, 03:12:42 AM

i have voted for luck on the poll.

because i do believe that if you have luck then you don't need anything else in the world to let you be successful because you are simply lucky. but the question is: are you lucky?

The skills is very best thing to win in anything you do just like in gambling or trading because by skills you can win those games you choose if you are pro for doing this and luck is just a bunos for you to hit big trades for that thats why i really believe in skills rather than luck.

I think the skills have more role in the success of trade, as those people who are expert in trade and have good skills can earn a good amount even in the times when the price of bitcoin go down, they sometimes use the fluctuations to earn money etc.

I really believe on skills because if you dont have skills to do tradings chances for traders to lose money is big and i dont believe that theres luck in trading, thats why skills are more dominant on that so that we can earn more money with tradings.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
July 08, 2016, 03:06:11 AM
I think the skills have more role in the success of trade, as those people who are expert in trade and have good skills can earn a good amount even in the times when the price of bitcoin go down, they sometimes use the fluctuations to earn money etc.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
July 08, 2016, 12:21:52 AM

i have voted for luck on the poll.

because i do believe that if you have luck then you don't need anything else in the world to let you be successful because you are simply lucky. but the question is: are you lucky?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
July 07, 2016, 07:16:22 PM
It depends on your trading volume. If you are a whale then luck won't help you a lot. If you trade a few dollars then both skills and luck can make you some income but they won't make you a whale, you'll need also experience for that.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2016, 02:47:12 PM
I think both is needed as only with skill you can't earn in crypto trading so also luck impart some effects just like how DAO token got hacked and price of ETH dumped hard to half and same goes for DAO holders. Hack was unpredicted before and it just happens within minutes and all who were holding at that time and can't access exchanger lost half of their money or even more.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
July 06, 2016, 08:12:01 AM

skills and experience in trading is the first thing that you need. and it is the most important thing to have. you can't even pick a good entry point or if you are trading altcoins you can't even pick an altcoin if you don't have skills.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 06, 2016, 08:06:48 AM
You can argue about this all day long. But I think you need both skills and luck. The question should be - are you better with raw luck or with extreme understanding of the trading strategies?
And how high your luck factor should be? Do you need 50-50 skill and luck or that ratio should be different?

Skills vs luck i dont think both have something to do with each other because the only moment you have luck is when you try something for the first time and it works but you did not expect that
That is luck skills are more things where you learn about when you do something where you trained for and it works it is a skill.
Activity: 574
July 06, 2016, 06:45:21 AM
Trading is not like gambling where luck is the main factor. Trading requires some skill and research to make the most profit. Of course some people get lucky on the timing or unlucky, but overall, skill is the main factor.
I would say that you are not right in this posts,trading does not require "some skill".You need to be into it,have a lot of knowledge and a good balance to make constantly profit out of trading!
Getting back to topic,luck has some to do with trading,but at the long term,you will always loose if  you are not skilled enough.
Dont believe in luck,believe in yourself!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
July 06, 2016, 04:11:34 AM
Skills vs luck what has this todo with the thing of gambling because you can thave skills with gambling because everything you do is based on luck when you put
money into the gambling. So if you think you have skills you are fooling your self.
i think the OP is asking for those in terms of trading i know there's some similarity between trading and gambling both has to put risk with your money but in trading you can use your skills by doing more research about the trade that you are going to support so there's always skills involved and luck if the skills achieved more.
Activity: 364
July 06, 2016, 04:08:14 AM
Skills vs luck what has this todo with the thing of gambling because you can thave skills with gambling because everything you do is based on luck when you put
money into the gambling. So if you think you have skills you are fooling your self.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 06, 2016, 02:09:38 AM
I voted for both but it's just a guess since i don't actually poses much trading skill and im not very lucky either.  Maybe i should have just picked luck,  since from time to time by pure fluke i pick a coin that does well.
Activity: 994
July 06, 2016, 01:36:52 AM
I would say that its a bit of both but the scale weighs more heavily on luck. You can say the charts can be read but in the end, it can go either way faster than anyone could every expect
Activity: 700
July 06, 2016, 01:32:25 AM
You would require both. One thing will wont work if you need to  be lucky. Both plays a important role in anything you do.
Activity: 476
July 06, 2016, 12:25:56 AM
I don't know if this is relevant but I just saw this movie "Limitless" starring Bradley Cooper where he is a trader with a genius mind. He made millions in just a week by perfectly predicting the market's movement.
Actually, this was the thing that got me into trading.
Anyone who already saw this movie? What do you say?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
July 05, 2016, 05:32:55 AM
IMO skills is always better than luck because if you are always depending on luck it will not always result for best and maybe sometimes it will just result for disappointment. Skill is required on trading because if you have some skill you can survive from a wild market and also earn big amount of bitcoins. IMO Grin.
Activity: 247
July 05, 2016, 05:02:42 AM
It is almost all luck but skill too, if one has skill can predict the market trend
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
July 05, 2016, 04:29:33 AM
In trading not just only luck not like gambling that pure luck if you win more in tradinh more in skill needed if you want to had more profit you need to learn more about trading .
yes skills and more deep info about the coin you are trading with, whenever you place your investment you should study first the potential and that's
a skills of knowing what will happen to the project but if you are on  daily trade luck is on your side buy low and sell high wait for luck and earn.
Pages:
Jump to: