Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 3. (Read 19909 times)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
January 23, 2012, 08:29:07 PM
Ok. Sounds good to me. And I allready checked out Flash libraries for charts: could be implemented... ;-)

But first I would like to solve my break-even calc.

Has anyone tested the alpha if it´s calculating correctly?
What I want to do is to calculate if you buy for an amount of $ some Bitcoins, based on a price you fill in, and a fee you fill in, the final amount of bitcoins you receive including the fees (that´s easy)
Then I would like to calculate the "break even" price including fees if you need to sell them without loss (including fees!).

I think it´s working 90% but in some cases it makes a wrong output in second row. Does anyone have a full working formula?

I will play w/ breakeven calc Jess, and let u know what I find.
Thank you very much. Also consider the Spreadsheat as comperative, please. ;-)
I am not sure, if all is 100% ok. or if there is missing anything usefull.
Activity: 392
January 23, 2012, 08:19:14 PM
Ok. Sounds good to me. And I allready checked out Flash libraries for charts: could be implemented... ;-)

What I want to do is to calculate if you buy for an amount of $ some Bitcoins, based on a price you fill in, and a fee you fill in, the final amount of bitcoins you receive including the fees (that´s easy)
Then I would like to calculate the "break even" price including fees if you need to sell them without loss (including fees!).

I think it´s working 90% but in some cases it makes a wrong output in second row. Does anyone have a full working formula?

I will play w/ breakeven calc Jess, and let u know what I find.
January 23, 2012, 07:55:47 PM

January 23, 2012, 07:28:10 PM
Wow! I like the mookup-design!
Anyway there are sooo much things to do...
In my Opinion this should not be the next which I have to do. I really would like to finalize the break-even-calculator and then a bitcoinica-alarm (same likt Mt.Gox Alarm).
And after this put all Ideas together and make one Tool which containing ALL things and then publish some simple Tools for every one to keep every one statisfied.
Or one big Tool which can be switched to different versions inside (my favorite at the Moment to keep development in one line).

About the alarm:
As I am thinking about it really could be useful to make the alarms more flexible. Anyway I also was thinking about keeping only one alarm, because I only need one Alarm as I have seen during last weeks.
Maybe here are other suggestestions? Let me know, please!

About the graph:
Very cool. I like this Idea as an indicator.
Maybe you could click on it and it changes to an other mode where ask/bid is shown as other indicator, because I guess it´s a strong indicator for the direction (up or down)!?

More Ideas?

i vote one alarm and multiple time frame graph.

I vote one alarm with a basic last-price movement line, as per my mock-up.
January 23, 2012, 07:25:57 PM
In my Opinion this should not be the next which I have to do. I really would like to finalize the break-even-calculator and then a bitcoinica-alarm (same likt Mt.Gox Alarm).
And after this put all Ideas together and make one Tool which containing ALL things and then publish some simple Tools for every one to keep every one statisfied.
Or one big Tool which can be switched to different versions inside (my favorite at the Moment to keep development in one line).

About the alarm:
As I am thinking about it really could be useful to make the alarms more flexible. Anyway I also was thinking about keeping only one alarm, because I only need one Alarm as I have seen during last weeks.

About the graph:
Maybe you could click on it and it changes to an other mode where ask/bid is shown as other indicator, because I guess it´s a strong indicator for the direction (up or down)!?

More Ideas?

This is good Jessi, I think we  have more or less figured out that 2 alarms are not necessary,

There is room for something else... an indicator of some sort, to make your Alert tool Uber Useful   Grin 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
January 23, 2012, 07:23:06 PM

About the alarm:

About the graph:

More Ideas?

i vote one alarm and multiple time frame graph.
January 23, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

About the alarm:

About the graph:

More Ideas?
January 23, 2012, 06:20:42 PM

that looks very cool.  would be nice to be able to choose your timeframe (min, hour, daily, week)

from a design standpoint alone, the line graph adds alot of visual appeal.

Myself,  I thought having the last 15-20 price ticks would be the most helpful as  a quick overview
of the most recent price trend.

For time frames in min, day, hour, ect, we should probably be reverting to our regular charts.

And from a programming standpoint, I would think it would probably be much easier to show
the last 20 price ticks connected by lines on a simple white background with no x/y indicators
for anything.
legendary
January 23, 2012, 05:34:55 PM

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...

The more I use the alarm(s), come to realize it is a bit redundant to have three alarms. Think it s becoming clear
that one alarm is all that most folks would ever use. Would be nice to hear feedback from other users about this.

I think that Cypherdoc is right: the idea of adding a trend indicator and foregoing 2 alarms for that. (the
ask/buy book is a good idea too, but I don't think it lends itself as well to this interface.)

I think it would be extremely useful to show price movement, just like Clark Moody does above their Times/Sales
columns with the little green line. No prices, volume, or timeline necessary... would only need to show the last
15 or 20 ticks for Last Price. This would help indicate the most recent price trend ... up, down or sideways.
Maybe there other ideas for a more useful trend indicator?

Anyhow, this is how I would envision implementing a trend indicator:

As long as it was kept very simple, as per the mantra of the "Simple Version" alert tool.

IMHO, a change like this would raise the Alert tool to whole new level of usefulness:
As a Price Ticker, an Alarm Tool, a Multifunction BTC Calculator, and a Price Trend Indicator.

What do you think Jessi, would this be a worthwhile addition to Alert Tool functionality?

that looks very cool.  would be nice to be able to choose your timeframe (min, hour, daily, week)

from a design standpoint alone, the line graph adds alot of visual appeal.
January 23, 2012, 03:05:32 PM

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...

The more I use the alarm(s), come to realize it is a bit redundant to have three alarms. Think it s becoming clear
that one alarm is all that most folks would ever use. Would be nice to hear feedback from other users about this.

I think that Cypherdoc is right: the idea of adding a trend indicator and foregoing 2 alarms for that. (the
ask/buy book is a good idea too, but I don't think it lends itself as well to this interface.)

I think it would be extremely useful to show price movement, just like Clark Moody does above their Times/Sales
columns with the little green line. No prices, volume, or timeline necessary... would only need to show the last
15 or 20 ticks for Last Price. This would help indicate the most recent price trend ... up, down or sideways.
Maybe there other ideas for a more useful trend indicator?

Anyhow, this is how I would envision implementing a trend indicator:

As long as it was kept very simple, as per the mantra of the "Simple Version" alert tool.

IMHO, a change like this would raise the Alert tool to whole new level of usefulness:
As a Price Ticker, an Alarm Tool, a Multifunction BTC Calculator, and a Price Trend Indicator.

What do you think Jessi, would this be a worthwhile addition to Alert Tool functionality?
January 23, 2012, 02:09:32 PM
Hey Jessi,

ON the Simple Version mini window, have one tiny request.

The ticker numbers on the top are hard to read with Buy/Last Price/Sell labels so close above them.

Could you add a little space for readability?  See pic below to see what I mean

Thanks!
Stew
January 23, 2012, 10:05:26 AM
Thank you Jessi, you're my Hero. Me likes the Simpel Version!

The BTC is on its way... Cool
Happy to hear, that you are happy! Smiley
Thank you for the Donation!!  Smiley
January 23, 2012, 10:04:39 AM

It could be this way:
First field you can select with a drop down "buy" or "last" or "sell" or "average". Second Field you could select "<" or ">" or "=" or "<=" or ">=" and in third field you could place your numbers.
Therefore three or four rows, which each acts same way. This would be really more flexible. Anyway it´s just an Idea.

Another Idea is making the Website a bigger Alarm-Tool: you could enter as many alarms like you want. Even for different marketplaces. And then you could be informed via Email or Twitter and you would have a little alarm-frontend.

that sounds excellent
Ok, but that is much much work and I do not know in which time I can handle it. Anyway much space for Ideas. I like that Idea, because it would give much more flexibility.
January 22, 2012, 08:27:08 PM
Done!

We´ve got a little update.

There is now the reset-form-button which also stopping all alarms (but not permanently, only by clearing all forms).
If you are inside the tool you can do the same by pressing "r" for "reset".

Also you can load a "simple" version ("Stew"-Version  Grin) over the website. There is a new link.
If you are inside the Mini-Window you can switch between simpel and extended Version by pressing "s".

This should not be used on the website, because it would load then the alarm fullscreen instead of the page. ;-)

Maybe I am doing sometimes a "all inclusive version" which is simple changeable inside the same Version from simple to extended and vice versa.
But to keep my work easy I decided to do this step later. First there should be a version with all features inside.

Anyway, have fun. ;-)

Next is the "break-even-calculator".
Any Ideas about it?

Thank you Jessi, you're my Hero. Me likes the Simpel Version!

The BTC is on its way... Cool
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
January 22, 2012, 08:26:56 PM

It could be this way:
First field you can select with a drop down "buy" or "last" or "sell" or "average". Second Field you could select "<" or ">" or "=" or "<=" or ">=" and in third field you could place your numbers.
Therefore three or four rows, which each acts same way. This would be really more flexible. Anyway it´s just an Idea.

Another Idea is making the Website a bigger Alarm-Tool: you could enter as many alarms like you want. Even for different marketplaces. And then you could be informed via Email or Twitter and you would have a little alarm-frontend.

that sounds excellent
January 22, 2012, 08:17:02 PM
Done!

We´ve got a little update.

There is now the reset-form-button which also stopping all alarms (but not permanently, only by clearing all forms).
If you are inside the tool you can do the same by pressing "r" for "reset".

Also you can load a "simple" version ("Stew"-Version  Grin) over the website. There is a new link.
If you are inside the Mini-Window you can switch between simpel and extended Version by pressing "s".
This should not be used on the website, because it would load then the alarm fullscreen instead of the page. ;-)

Maybe I am doing sometimes a "all inclusive version" which is simple changeable inside the same Version from simple to extended and vice versa.
But to keep my work easy I decided to do this step later. First there should be a version with all features inside.

Anyway, have fun. ;-)

Next is the "break-even-calculator".
Any Ideas about it?
January 22, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...
Ähm? But this is allready done (eleminating the buy/sell alarms)... we´ve got now only three different last-alarms allready...
Anyway I did not drop the values for buy/sell because they are nice indicators, I think.
Anyway there is enough space, or I could even make the tool a bid greater, to implement more statistics.

I am allready thinking since yesterday in a new more flexible way of setting alarms.
Someone has mentioned in this thread this way also.

It could be this way:

But this are all only early Ideas. As always I am a little bit low on time. Therefore I am doing following:
I finalize this Version first. And then I make a simplified version like mentioned above.

After this I would like to finalize the calculators first.

And then let´s see how I can bring all of that in a usefull way together.

legendary
January 22, 2012, 05:18:02 PM
i like that version but i would even go one step further.  i'd remove the high/low alarms for Buy and Sell and replace them with little line graphs for hourly and daily like Clark Moody has in the upper right of his graph so we can get some idea of trend.
You mean the new version, or the simplified one?

I guess the new? Ok. I see, we are dividing here into two versions like I said:
1. simple version
2. extended versions with much more features, like more stats...

Yes, Graphs would be nice. Hard to implement because there has to be many things to do first...

you should take a poll to see who uses the Buy and Sell high/low alarms.  i don't use them at all so its just wasted space for me.  if it were up to me, i'd eliminate those alarms and replace them with small line graphs like Clark Moody OR a good alternative would be to put buy and ask books in those columns.  maybe i'm complicating things...
January 22, 2012, 05:03:09 PM
i like that version but i would even go one step further.  i'd remove the high/low alarms for Buy and Sell and replace them with little line graphs for hourly and daily like Clark Moody has in the upper right of his graph so we can get some idea of trend.
You mean the new version, or the simplified one?

I guess the new? Ok. I see, we are dividing here into two versions like I said:
1. simple version
2. extended versions with much more features, like more stats...

Yes, Graphs would be nice. Hard to implement because there has to be many things to do first...
legendary
January 22, 2012, 04:57:04 PM

Unhappy to hear that you don´t like it. Anyway I´ll see what I can do to make a design which is liked by all of you here.
What I could do also is a simplified version (like I have promised before), where I do drop all extras like "help", "prefs", the top-stats and maybe other things which are need to be discussed.
The we have a simplified version and a Version which is finally loaded with tons of features.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Jessi, if you could keep a simple version, like this:

That would be worth a BTC from me to you   Grin

All your changes have the correct logic behind them, I realize that now.

It's just that you got me hooked on the mini-version of your Alert tool, and now I can't stop using it!!!

I do think most folks will appreciate what you've done with the latest changes

Keep up the good work.

Stew

Pages:
Jump to: