Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 4. (Read 19909 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 22, 2012, 03:03:05 PM

Unhappy to hear that you don´t like it. Anyway I´ll see what I can do to make a design which is liked by all of you here.
What I could do also is a simplified version (like I have promised before), where I do drop all extras like "help", "prefs", the top-stats and maybe other things which are need to be discussed.
The we have a simplified version and a Version which is finally loaded with tons of features.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Jessi, if you could keep a simple version, like this:

That would be worth a BTC from me to you   Grin

All your changes have the correct logic behind them, I realize that now.

It's just that you got me hooked on the mini-version of your Alert tool, and now I can't stop using it!!!

I do think most folks will appreciate what you've done with the latest changes

Keep up the good work.

Stew

Activity: 333
January 22, 2012, 02:35:57 PM
Jessi, thanks for implementing the calculator changes.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the other design/layout changes detract from simplicity, ease of use, functionality.
Oh, I´m sorry to hear that... was thinking the design is much more clear and simple...
Hmm, let me see, what we can do here.

-  Miss the the 3 big ticker read outs at the top, with big Buy / Last / Sell numbers ...now only Last... sigh...
Ok. This could be fixed easyly, because there is enough space.
The reason why I decided to make the buy- and sell-ticker smaller is, that I don´t want to mislead the people.
They maybe could think that those are still "headlines" for the columns. But the headline for all three columns now is "last price" only.
Anyway I can make them easyly looking like before.
Will be done in next update.

-  Miss the icon buttons at the bottom, I now have to click thru 2 interfaces to deactivate alarms? Yikes!
No! Finally not! ;-) This is only a Preference. I decided to place the preferences on a second page to keep the front-page as simple as possible.
There will be a cancel-button later on the front-page. But that will cancel the actual alarm without disabling sound/flash permanently.
Because we need a place where sounds could be choosen and there is no more space, I decided to do a preference page with all changes which
are permanently.
Would be a cancel-button ok for you?

-  The avg, high, low, numbers not necessary, detract from previous simplicity the big  "Ticker" Numbers
I personally find them helpful because they help a bit more to see "where you are". For example: I have the tool running fullscreen on my laptop
when I go to bed and if the alarm appearing I can see then first moment if we had some spikes without alarm or not.
But this is a feature wich we can discuss here. Any others who don´t like it or who like it?

-  The mini window version: cannot see the grey type labels, all too small, nearly invisible color.
Ok. Here I was thinking that labels normally not very important, because you allmost know what field has what label. Anyway I still have a bit
space and can make them bigger and also looking darker again.

Wish you would go back to previous design, but with the calculators, like the screen-capture I forwarded you.

Sad
My 2 BTCs.
Unhappy to hear that you don´t like it. Anyway I´ll see what I can do to make a design which is liked by all of you here.
What I could do also is a simplified version (like I have promised before), where I do drop all extras like "help", "prefs", the top-stats and maybe other things which are need to be discussed.
The we have a simplified version and a Version which is finally loaded with tons of features.

Let me know what you think.
January 22, 2012, 10:53:12 AM
Jessi, thanks for implementing the calculator changes.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the other design/layout changes detract from simplicity, ease of use, functionality.

-  Miss the the 3 big ticker read outs at the top, with big Buy / Last / Sell numbers ...now only Last... sigh...
-  Miss the icon buttons at the bottom, I now have to click thru 2 interfaces to deactivate alarms? Yikes!
-  The avg, high, low, numbers not necessary, detract from previous simplicity of the big  "Ticker" Numbers
-  The mini window version: cannot see the grey type labels, all too small, nearly invisible color.

Wish you would go back to previous design, but with the calculators, like the screen-capture I forwarded you.

Sad

My 2 BTCs.
January 22, 2012, 03:36:18 AM
Puhhh... now nearly all updates are done...

Ok. What are the changes?
  • I dropped the alarm-columns for "buy" and "sell"
  • Instead of this we´ve got now three independent alarms which are all triggered by last value
  • New are the "High", "Average" and "Low" values at the top.
  • Also there is the new calculator at the bottom. This is the "free"-calculator where you can enter your own values
  • The other calculator remains still intact and is based for the price on "last"-price-value.
    It also is dynamically.This means that it will be updated if the "last"-price is updated depending on your last entry.
  • I made many design-changes. Major change is, that those elements which are less important, are now smaller and
    their alpha-channel has changed to a lower value to make them less dark looking
  • Also there is now a help-button on the top right-corner, which should be a bit helpful for newbies
  • Another button on the top left-corner for preferences which should bring the old buttons to front.
    Later ater there should be also sound-settings.
  • Some re-arrangements to have a bit more space
  • Little animations to make clock and donation less dominant
  • Sound is now turned on at the beginning, because I guess most need sound and for those who don´t want sound,
    they have to go to preferences first to turn it off, before they enter an alarm

And what is still missing?
  • The Sound-Preferences for different alarms
  • The "cancel"-Buttons to clear the forms and also their the alarms
  • it is still triggering the alarm during entering - this is not really a bug, but it´s not nice at all.
  • More stats: I would like to see for example a summed "ask" and "bid"-value which shows direction where it goes.
  • Keyboard shortcuts for most important things like stopping alarm.

Things to discuss:
  • As mentioned before some may need the same for Bitcoinica!? - Would it be useful to do this in only one tool?
    - I would have to make this tool a bit "longer", because I would need more space for more rows.
    Or would it be better to make a second tool? I do not know which is the way most poeple here work:
    only Mt.Gox, only Bitcoinica, or always on both together?
  • Should this tool do more, like calculating fees and break-even prices like the upcoming tools will do?

Hope you like the changes, because this is more than only optimization.
January 21, 2012, 11:33:59 PM
Thats the point, I actually checked your link out and updated to the most current version (11.1.102.55) now everything works fine.
Before that, I had version 10.?something?.
Ah. Ok...
Anyway it´s kind of curious, because I have a Flash-Checker which should allow only right version and even right version should be 9.
This is really strange...
Is it possible, that you have some kind of Javascript-Blocker or even Javascript in any way disabled?

Thanks for the quick help, I hope you find the errors in your code, so that many more poeple can fix this great tool!
Thank you for your patience and for your help to find the bugs...

As soon as I make a lot of money with the help of it, ill donate some to you;)
Thank you very much
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2012, 11:19:18 PM
January 21, 2012, 02:36:20 PM
Just to give you my feedback on how I use the alarms, I really only use the "Last" price alarm.

If I use the other Buy/Sell alarms, it's only because the spread between Buy/Last/Sell is so small I can get away with it.

And I like being able to monitor 3 different High and Low BTC price scenarios at the same time. But for me ideally, they would
all be based on "Last" price. Just my personal preference.

Ok. Another Idea could be:
Three alarms, all based on "last"
A fast "cancel" button which clears the alarm to keep "fast" informed without deleting the values by hand.
This could be helpful if you have to be prepared for small slots and don´t have the time to fill in new values. The you can do it long before and if the first alarm is beginning, you can delete it and wait for the second with a single click.

Another thing could be more statisitcs.
For example I could do a block where then separated from last price the other prices could appear to keep you more informed.
The Buttons for disabling alarms I could place also in a separted layer for "preferences" with a little button in one Edge. In the other Edge a little help-Button which explaining the basics on a seperate layer.

I like that idea, 3 "last" alarms. Keep the 3 alarm columns exactly the way they are, just make them all for "Last" price.
Most excellent upgrade!

Maybe just one "Cancel" button to clear all alarm prices at the same time would be more helpful. (in case a huge price
spike/crash triggers all the alarms at the same time) And it also clears all alarm flashes and sounds at same time?

Usually I notice there is plenty of time to revise alarm prices, it's only when we have our instant price crashes or spikes
that one doesn't have the time to alter alarm prices in time.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
January 21, 2012, 02:27:38 PM
Ah. And I forgot:
Any need for a Bitcoinica-Alarm?

absolutely essential I'd say  Wink

& glad that you like & had considered before the ZT-ing alarm/calc  Smiley

edit: plus Khou is most generous with rewarding apps that help Bitcoinica's clients
January 21, 2012, 02:18:39 PM
Ah. And I forgot:
Any need for a Bitcoinica-Alarm?
January 21, 2012, 02:12:49 PM
how about making a Zhoutonging calculator, as per formulae in his thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56797.0;all

entry field 1: Long / Short

entry field 2: Current Bid (changes to Ask if you've entered Short)

entry field 3: Net Value

entry field 4: Maintenance

entry field 5: Amount

entry field 6: BTC Balance

The calc then does the formulae:

F1 = Long
F2 - (F3 - F4) / (F5 + F6) = ZT

F1 = Short
F2 + (F3 - F4) / (F5 - F6) = ZT

refinements, to be able to also enter any Limit & Stop orders that you have between F2 & ZT

a couple of alarm fields perhaps & an appropriate sound effect for hitting the ZT price

I see that M4v3R has posted a script for this, but I like Jessi stand alone alarms/calcs without needing to keep the Bitcoinica page open, please to free free to use any of my complementary feedbacks as testimonials etc & thanks again for your fab progs Smiley
Yessss! Smiley This is something I also was thinking many times about.
BUT: Here I need MUCH MUCH help, because today I do not understand Bitcoinica completly.
With the Formula I can do it.
Ok. Let´s go a bit more systematic:

I guess we have different user-needs:
Some need just a simple alert
other are dealing only with Mt.Gox and need a helpful calculator
others are dealing with bitcoinica and need such a form
Maybe there are a few people who need all of it.

So what I would do:
First I finalize the Alert Tool during next hours (I hope)
Then the Mt.Gox Tool
And after it the Bitcoinica-Calculator

And if here are people around who find all of this helpful I would do a "all-inclusive-tool" which helps you in all cases.

Right?
January 21, 2012, 02:07:38 PM
Hey Jessi,

I think another donation will be on it's way soon.    Grin
Smiley Thank you like always!! Smiley
January 21, 2012, 02:07:11 PM
Just to give you my feedback on how I use the alarms, I really only use the "Last" price alarm.

If I use the other Buy/Sell alarms, it's only because the spread between Buy/Last/Sell is so small I can get away with it.

And I like being able to monitor 3 different High and Low BTC price scenarios at the same time. But for me ideally, they would

Ok. Another Idea could be:
Three alarms, all based on "last"
A fast "cancel" button which clears the alarm to keep "fast" informed without deleting the values by hand.
This could be helpful if you have to be prepared for small slots and don´t have the time to fill in new values. The you can do it long before and if the first alarm is beginning, you can delete it and wait for the second with a single click.

Another thing could be more statisitcs.
For example I could do a block where then separated from last price the other prices could appear to keep you more informed.
The Buttons for disabling alarms I could place also in a separted layer for "preferences" with a little button in one Edge. In the other Edge a little help-Button which explaining the basics on a seperate layer.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
January 21, 2012, 02:05:19 PM
how about making a Zhoutonging calculator, as per formulae in his thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56797.0;all

entry field 1: Long / Short

entry field 2: Current Bid (changes to Ask if you've entered Short)

entry field 3: Net Value

entry field 4: Maintenance

entry field 5: Amount

entry field 6: BTC Balance

The calc then does the formulae:

F1 = Long
F2 - (F3 - F4) / (F5 + F6) = ZT

F1 = Short
F2 + (F3 - F4) / (F5 - F6) = ZT

refinements, to be able to also enter any Limit & Stop orders that you have between F2 & ZT

a couple of alarm fields perhaps & an appropriate sound effect for hitting the ZT price

I see that M4v3R has posted a script for this, but I like Jessi stand alone alarms/calcs without needing to keep the Bitcoinica page open, please to feel free to use any of my complementary feedbacks as testimonials etc & thanks again for your fab progs Smiley

January 21, 2012, 01:58:46 PM
A picture is worth a 1000 words.
This is definitely true. Smiley

Appreciate you seeing the usefulness of this!
Finally found the link to your fee tool.

I did have to maximize the window on my browser to see the rest of your home page, to find that link. The bottom part
of your page does not show up on my Firefox browser, like there are some scroll bars missing?  Other folks coming to
your site may be experiencing that clipping?

The fee tool looks very useful. I am playing with it now.

I did notice that it does "take over" the Alert/Calc tool mini window.  so I had to close the Alert Tool mini window
and re-open the fee tool again, now the fee tool window is proportionally correct.

S.
Did not see this behavior and I have to investigate this. Remember it´s really early alpha. I will change the behaviour of overtaking the window and missing scrollbars later.
Finally it could be coexist with the Alert-Tool.
The Tool is based on the Spreadsheet which I did send you and should finally fullfill the same.
But as you can see, there is missing one column, because I change the fields in both directions. This is helpful,
because there is no need for a separate column to calculate the total BTCs.
Anyway finally it could appear like the Spreadsheet and work a bit more "intelligent" by more opeations like using last price at start for example.
January 21, 2012, 01:55:33 PM
Hey Jessi,

I think another donation will be on it's way soon.    Grin
January 21, 2012, 01:43:44 PM
You would not need to drop any columns, the calculators become 2 horizontal rows, instead of 3 columns.

Here is a mock-up with the 2 revised calculators in rows, so you can see what I mean:

The $6.32 price in red is a permanently filled-in field taken from "Last" price. Users cannot alter that calculator field.

All the other calculator fields can be used for calculations.

Does this make sense?
Ah. Ok. Now I understand what you mean. Yes, I can do this in one of the next versions.

Also I am thinking about more alarms...
For example a ask- and bid-volume-alarm or maybe only an indicator which shows the direction where it goes...?

January 21, 2012, 01:26:51 PM
You would not need to drop any columns, the calculators become 2 horizontal rows, instead of 3 columns.

Here is a mock-up with the 2 revised calculators in rows, so you can see what I mean:

The $6.32 price in red is a permanently filled-in field taken from "Last" price. Users cannot alter that calculator field.

Does this make sense?
Ah. Ok. Now I understand what you mean. Yes, I can do this in one of the next versions.

For example a ask- and bid-volume-alarm or maybe only an indicator which shows the direction where it goes...?

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Appreciate you seeing the usefulness of this!

Finally found the link to your fee tool.

I did have to maximize the window on my browser to see the rest of your home page, to find that link. The bottom part
of your page does not show up on my Firefox browser, like there are some scroll bars missing?  Other folks coming to
your site may be experiencing that clipping?

The fee tool looks very useful. I am playing with it now.

I did notice that it does "take over" the Alert/Calc tool mini window.  so I had to close the Alert Tool mini window
and re-open the fee tool again, now the fee tool window is proportionally correct.

S.
January 21, 2012, 01:13:01 PM

Does this make sense?

January 21, 2012, 12:00:50 PM

Ok. This is not to hard to solve.
So finally I would drop the left and the right column and make them free calculating, because no one uses buy/sell?
And the other calculator I can drop, too?

The $6.32 price in red is a permanently auto-filled field taken from "Last" price. Users cannot alter that calculator field.
All the other calculator fields are available for entry by user.

Does this make sense?
January 21, 2012, 08:12:34 AM
Jessi, a free form btc calculator only has to do one thing: BTC Qty x BTC Price = Total $

User enters any figures he desires in any 2 fields to get results in the third. It's up to one's imagination
to use creatively, anything from entering current BTC trade value, to figuring out profits/losses based on
different prices.
Than the calculator would behave like now, but you also would be able to place a free price?
That would be behave like the Mt.Gox Calculator?

And you can calculate fees:  example, to buy 100 BTC at 6.25 BTC Price I know I pay .45 BTC fee,
but what does that fee come to in dollars? It's quite easy, using the free form calculator enter
.45 BTC x 6.25 BTC Price which returns $2.8125. 
Therefore I have made the other Tool, because Fees are changing. For some it´s 0.3 for other 0.28% and so on...
And it´s hard to know and borring to calculate always by hand for which price you really buy and what you receive if you sell then
and especiacially what would be the price for which you should sell at minimum if you don´t want to make any loss (including fees).

Do you see the advantages of having this?  And with the other calculator providing real-time BTC
price, that would be a double bonus.

Let me know your feedback.
Ok. This is not to hard to solve.
So finally I would drop the left and the right column and make them free calculating, because no one uses buy/sell?
And the other calculator I can drop, too?

Thanks for fixing the green and red arrows, that provides much more readability!

Stew

You´re welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: