Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 5. (Read 19909 times)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
January 21, 2012, 08:05:23 AM
Jessi I can't find the link to the new tool on your home page.

I noticed there are no scroll bars showing on my browser for your page, and there seems to be text clipped at the
bottom of the page.

Can you post the link on this thread?

Thanks, eager to check it out.

S
Here is the link:
Activity: 392
January 21, 2012, 04:09:26 AM

On the first Page there is a link at the Bottom "Here is a new Tool this is really early alpha. Click to open it."
http://www.bitcoin-tools.de/index.html
Please remember it is really early early alpha and I decided to show it, because you all are invited to
let me know about your wishes regarding this tool.

Let me know what you think about that.

Jessi I can't find the link to the new tool on your home page.

I noticed there are no scroll bars showing on my browser for your page, and there seems to be text clipped at the
bottom of the page.

Can you post the link on this thread?

Thanks, eager to check it out.

S
January 21, 2012, 04:00:11 AM

Hmm, to see if I understand you correctly:
You want to have two calculators INSTEAD of the one you have at the Moment:
1. which is calculating like now, based on the live price
2. you can calculate like a calculator, but giving a free price?  Yes!!!

Hmm, but to keep it simple, how should this free-form calculator work if it should do dfferent things, like calculating fees?
And also, sometimes it there is no big spread between buy and sell possible and in those cases you should be able to calculate your "break even" price which means including your fees.

Jessi, a free form btc calculator only has to do one thing: BTC Qty x BTC Price = Total $

User enters any figures he desires in any 2 fields to get results in the third. It's up to one's imagination
to use creatively, anything from entering current BTC trade value, to figuring out profits/losses based on
different prices.

And you can calculate fees:  example, to buy 100 BTC at 6.25 BTC Price I know I pay .45 BTC fee,
but what does that fee come to in dollars? It's quite easy, using the free form calculator enter
.45 BTC x 6.25 BTC Price which returns $2.8125. 

Do you see the advantages of having this?  And with the other calculator providing real-time BTC
price, that would be a double bonus.

Let me know your feedback.

Thanks for fixing the green and red arrows, that provides much more readability!

Stew
January 20, 2012, 08:53:45 PM
January 20, 2012, 07:02:37 PM
Well I found a little bug in the second row-calculating. The max buy-price is different to my original excel-table. I am sure to used the correct formula, but the result is wrong, isn´t it?
January 20, 2012, 06:59:50 PM
Jessi,

Loving the tool every day. Alarms have been working like a charm, and gives me a little
more confidence in trading, in being able to properly monitor my trades.
Thank you very much.

After looking at the calculators I thought of a possible reconfiguration that might be more useful
for everyone. I find myself using the "Last" price-based calculator only. I use it as a gauge to see
what my current trade is worth at any given moment. For now, I do not see any use as of yet for
the Buy / Sell version calculators.
Same way as I use it at the Moment...

How is about all the others? Do you use "buy" or "sell" columns?

I think what would be handy is having both a "Last" calculator, and a free-form btc calculator,
to compare total dollars at most current BTC price with total dollars based on user-entered BTC price.
Hmm, to see if I understand you correctly:
You want to have two calculators INSTEAD of the one you have at the Moment:
1. which is calculating like now, based on the live price
2. you can calculate like a calculator, but giving a free price?

That way, one could get an instant comparison between dollar totals based on the live BTC price
and where they think the BTC price might be going, up or down. Also, you could enter in the free-form
calculator, the price at which you bought in at, and then always get an instant  comparison of how your
trade is doing, making money or losing dollars, and by exactly how much. Of course there are many other
uses for the free-form calculator as well,like figuring out BTC trading fees, or re-investing additional BTC
and doing cost averaging, etc.
Hmm, but to keep it simple, how should this free-form calculator work if it should do dfferent things, like calculating fees?
And also, sometimes it there is no big spread between buy and sell possible and in those cases you should be able to calculate your "break even" price which means including your fees.

And the nice thing is, in terms of updating the Alert Tool,  you could simply leave your calculator
entry fields exactly where they are, but make them horizontal equations, with each row being a
calculator.
That is not very hard to re-arange - harder is to "re-programm". ;-)

The Calculator top row would be the "Last" calculator, with the BTC amount entered in the left field,
the "last" BTC price always shown in the middle field, and the totaled dollar amount shown in the
right field.
Ok...

The second row for the Free-Form calculator works exactly the same, except the user decides and
enters the BTC price in the middle field.
Ok...

And to make the design even easier, you could simply remove the Bitcoin and Dollar symbols in
between the calculator fields and simply replace them with "X" for multiplied by, and the "=" sign
for equals to, representing 2 horizontal equations, instead of vertical ones. Then on top of the first
calculator column place the "B" bitcoin symbol, the 2nd column maybe "P" for price, and "$" symbol
over third column for total dollars.
Ok. Sure.

Let me know what you think of this idea.
Stew
This basically are all good Ideas and defenetly worth to think about and maybe to programm, to.

A little Part of this could be Part of the new Tool. (You may have checked out the Spreadsheet?)
I am thinking about this Tool as a kind of "break-even"-calculator, where you can see your
break-even (min or max) price for buy and sell after paying the fee for the transactions.
I did finalize the first rows of each block (first row for sell, second row for buy).
If they are working well, the other 4 rows each block would follow.
Finally we have 5 rows for buy and 5 for sell.
And they would summarize alltogether and you could see your profit/loss in different scenarios.
It would be behave like in excel, but a bit better, because there will be live prices included also and
you can work with it without installing anything (excep Browser+Flash-Player).
Also it could have it´s own alarm to keep you informed, if one of your scenarios will appear. ;-)

On the first Page there is a link at the Bottom "Here is a new Tool this is really early alpha. Click to open it."
http://www.bitcoin-tools.de/index.html
Please remember it is really early early alpha and I decided to show it, because you all are invited to
let me know about your wishes regarding this tool.

Let me know what you think about that.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
January 20, 2012, 05:10:00 PM
January 20, 2012, 04:26:29 PM
Jessi,

Loving the tool every day. Alarms have been working like a charm, and gives me a little
more confidence in trading, in being able to properly monitor my trades.

After looking at the calculators I thought of a possible reconfiguration that might be more useful
for everyone. I find myself using the "Last" price-based calculator only. I use it as a gauge to see
what my current trade is worth at any given moment. For now, I do not see any use as of yet for
the Buy / Sell version calculators.

I think what would be handy is having both a "Last" calculator, and a free-form btc calculator,
to compare total dollars at most current BTC price with total dollars based on user-entered BTC price.

That way, one could get an instant comparison between dollar totals based on the live BTC price
and where they think the BTC price might be going, up or down. Also, you could enter in the free-form
calculator, the price at which you bought in at, and then always get an instant  comparison of how your
trade is doing, making money or losing dollars, and by exactly how much. Of course there are many other
uses for the free-form calculator as well,like figuring out BTC trading fees, or re-investing additional BTC
and doing cost averaging, etc.

And the nice thing is, in terms of updating the Alert Tool,  you could simply leave your calculator
entry fields exactly where they are, but make them horizontal equations, with each row being a
calculator.

The Calculator top row would be the "Last" calculator, with the BTC amount entered in the left field,
the "last" BTC price always shown in the middle field, and the totaled dollar amount shown in the
right field.

The second row for the Free-Form calculator works exactly the same, except the user decides and
enters the BTC price in the middle field.

And to make the design even easier, you could simply remove the Bitcoin and Dollar symbols in
between the calculator fields and simply replace them with "X" for multiplied by, and the "=" sign
for equals to, representing 2 horizontal equations, instead of vertical ones. Then on top of the first
calculator column place the "B" bitcoin symbol, the 2nd column maybe "P" for price, and "$" symbol
over third column for total dollars.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

Stew
January 20, 2012, 03:04:59 PM
Sorry, doesnt work for me.

Here is what happens when I open the page:

1 nothing
That´s right!

2 When I switch sound on I hear a single cow mooing till the counter reaches 0 for the first time
This could happen if the counter above is for example 6.4 and you enter 6 and the sound starts just that moment (I have to fix this!), but after you enter 6.5 AND the countdown was 0 it should stop that sound until the last-number reaches 6.5 or higher.

3 Then the sounds all repat and overlap so after a couple of countdowns I hear a cow mooing for every prior countdown
Overlap? This is new... Hmm, maybe slow computer? Should not happen at all even on slow computers... This is kind of curious.

4 I also think I can hear some bears mixing in the noise
This never should happen. Only if you reaches two countdowns at same time, which should only possible if you uses numbers which are not useful.
For example: Last is 6.5 alarm high is 6.5 and alarm low is 6.5. Then you should hear both sounds.
But it does not make sense to enter such numbers...

5 I can set any values and wait multiple countdowns, but nothing changes
That means it still makes "moo"?

6 green lights flash alright
And Green "LED" under countdown is always "on"?

would love to use it, because mtgoxlive's audio option, wich I use atm cannot be set to a certain threshold.
Normally in this picture there should not be any alarm:
The High-Price-Level which you have set is higher than the shown price above. There seems to be no background-flashing, too.

But you still hear sound after the countdown was "0"?
Is the green light behind the counter always "on"? Or does it disappear?

Which Flash-Version do you use?
You can see your version here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html under section 2. there is a box with an red arrow which shows your flash-player-version.
legendary
January 20, 2012, 02:20:03 PM
a workable Android version would be cool too.

when i open the browser version it won't let me enter prices.

They have a BTC Push Monitor on Android I use anytime I'm away from my computer.

never mind.  found it on Android Market.

It sets a push alert so the app doesn't have to be running, saving those precious Mb or ram. Smiley

that is pretty cool.  too bad it doesn't have an alarm! Wink

If should be able to set an alert for push alerts.

no sound alerts...
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
January 20, 2012, 02:10:19 PM

They have a BTC Push Monitor on Android I use anytime I'm away from my computer.

It sets a push alert so the app doesn't have to be running, saving those precious Mb or ram. Smiley

that is pretty cool.  too bad it doesn't have an alarm! Wink

You should be able to set an alert for push alerts. (Within Android)
legendary
January 20, 2012, 02:03:39 PM

that is pretty cool.  too bad it doesn't have an alarm! Wink
January 20, 2012, 01:58:14 PM

legendary
January 20, 2012, 01:53:59 PM

never mind.  found it on Android Market.
legendary
January 20, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

who's "they"?
January 20, 2012, 01:51:16 PM

legendary
January 20, 2012, 01:51:09 PM
my alarm just went off @ $6.5!

What was the actual BTC price when your alarm went off?

if you're trying to get granular with me don't bother.  i was just mucking around with it and set it off somewhere in that ramp and i just threw that post up cuz i think its a great tool. Grin
January 20, 2012, 01:47:27 PM

What was the actual BTC price when your alarm went off?
legendary
January 20, 2012, 01:38:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2012, 12:45:33 PM
Sorry, doesnt work for me.

Here is what happens when I open the page:

1 nothing
2 When I switch sound on I hear a single cow mooing till the counter reaches 0 for the first time
3 Then the sounds all repat and overlap so after a couple of countdowns I hear a cow mooing for every prior countdown
4 I also think I can hear some bears mixing in the noise
5 I can set any values and wait multiple countdowns, but nothing changes
6 green lights flash alright

would love to use it, because mtgoxlive's audio option, wich I use atm cannot be set to a certain threshold.
Pages:
Jump to: