Pages:
Author

Topic: Snapshot - page 13. (Read 15077 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
July 11, 2017, 03:12:03 AM
how to calculate the bounties result
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
July 11, 2017, 02:11:27 AM
This project is actually one of the examples of the blockchain implemention works best with. Take photographs, sync with server to never lose them, rank your photos and make money while. It's going to be fun in fact!

I also see this seems very good for a pretty interesting project, then how do you make money while at the photo level, I still do not understand your point, can you explain it to me about it?

Here is a brief explanation of the economic side of Snapshot.

There are weekly ranking boards, the highest rated photographs each week win a set amount of Snap tokens. Snap tokens represent 35% of our yearly net revenue.

If you place on the rankings board you win tokens with a monetary value that also earn you money as a stake of our yearly revune.

You are also able invite friends to sign up and you'll earn 10% of the tokens they do in perpetuity.
beautiful explanation, dev, we are only waiting to see how this will work out, and getting some snap tokens from this contest.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 10, 2017, 11:34:26 PM
But, if you guys fall under and you are maintaining a data node that is needed, losing that data node could mean losing access to their photos for the wallet holders, is that how this will work?  These are just questions.

That is a potential issue, but in reality offers no more risk than having any cloud service shutting down. It would be hard to envision a situation where we could fall under while people still want to pay for our services; one situation cancels out the other. Our ledger system is a native blockchain with no mining incentive so maintaining the blockchain and servers for image hosting is trivial economics wise.

It's a very well though out question, and we appreciate the prodding as us not being able to answer something tells us we have a weak spot to need to reinforce.
July 10, 2017, 11:26:45 PM
This project is actually one of the examples of the blockchain implemention works best with. Take photographs, sync with server to never lose them, rank your photos and make money while. It's going to be fun in fact!

I also see this seems very good for a pretty interesting project, then how do you make money while at the photo level, I still do not understand your point, can you explain it to me about it?

Here is a brief explanation of the economic side of Snapshot.

There are weekly ranking boards, the highest rated photographs each week win a set amount of Snap tokens. Snap tokens represent 35% of our yearly net revenue.

If you place on the rankings board you win tokens with a monetary value that also earn you money as a stake of our yearly revune.

You are also able invite friends to sign up and you'll earn 10% of the tokens they do in perpetuity.
July 10, 2017, 11:20:40 PM
How will the ac-curation work ? Will you have vote weight like on steemit ? That makes sense to me.
How are you handling that ? We early adopters we will have large weight xP

Rankings are determined in a diplomatic fashion, one users votes won't weigh more than another . Vote weight is a nice thought, and something that would help initial growth, but we would run into some serious issues down the line with such a model.
July 10, 2017, 11:16:53 PM
Under "Market View" you have an evaluation. How do you get to that outcome ? I like the project it is nice you active and answering questions that means you serious.

I also like htat your white paper is in the form of FAQ http://teamsnapshot.org/faqs/ it makes sense just as you said because it is app based.

Hi Zionatin,

Our evaluation is based the funding limit set for our ICO; all the tokens available to investors plus the tokens to be held by Snapshot.

We are trying to be as transparent as possible given our situation, so answering any questions one may have in a timely manner is important to us, thank you for acknowledging that. We're glad you see and understand our reasoning for the FAQ!

So in other words are you saying it's stake based ? Snapshot take x% then the rest is given to if investors and supporters like us for the bounties. Is that how it works ? So the value per token is stake based ? I have always been interested in how come a coin that comes it can say their coin is worth x amount. Interested how that x amount is worked out. Thanks for answering my questions.

Snap tokens represent a 35% stake of our yearly net revenue. We have set aside a portion of Snap tokens from the 25% we hold for bounties. We at Snapshot don't dictate how much Snap tokens are worth. The initial value of Snap tokens will be determined by the Initial coin offering, after that point the free market decides.

Let us know if anything else needs clarification.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
July 10, 2017, 12:17:39 PM
But, if you guys fall under and you are maintaining a data node that is needed, losing that data node could mean losing access to their photos for the wallet holders, is that how this will work?  These are just questions.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
July 10, 2017, 07:11:04 AM
very good idea and very interesting project , will keep my eyes on it
Activity: 807
Merit: 522
July 10, 2017, 07:01:35 AM

As mentioned earlier:
... tokens can be earned through taking pictures is something that will draw attention to our application ...
And of course not forget about photo ranking contests, where you will be able to vote for the best photographs (with Snap tokens(?)) and get paid for them if won.
Activity: 336
July 10, 2017, 03:26:13 AM

Activity: 1092
July 10, 2017, 03:05:40 AM
its gonna amazing, its gonna be like a market place for your pictures and photos, hope we shall be able to sell logos too
well designed, and has a storage or icloud storage. 
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
July 09, 2017, 11:54:22 PM
How will the ac-curation work ? Will you have vote weight like on steemit ? That makes sense to me.
How are you handling that ? We early adopters we will have large weight xP
Activity: 807
Merit: 522
July 09, 2017, 08:47:51 PM
Activity: 1162
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 09, 2017, 08:23:21 PM
As I was saying (I don't think I gave enough info last time) I think Snapshot would work great as an app that can be used for taking pictures of art.
People could share their creations and be curated on it and actually male money. How wonderful would it be if an artist can create a full time living doing something like that ? Now that is a good dream.
Activity: 906
Merit: 263
July 09, 2017, 08:13:29 PM
Under "Market View" you have an evaluation. How do you get to that outcome ? I like the project it is nice you active and answering questions that means you serious.

I also like htat your white paper is in the form of FAQ http://teamsnapshot.org/faqs/ it makes sense just as you said because it is app based.

Hi Zionatin,

Our evaluation is based the funding limit set for our ICO; all the tokens available to investors plus the tokens to be held by Snapshot.

We are trying to be as transparent as possible given our situation, so answering any questions one may have in a timely manner is important to us, thank you for acknowledging that. We're glad you see and understand our reasoning for the FAQ!

So in other words are you saying it's stake based ? Snapshot take x% then the rest is given to if investors and supporters like us for the bounties. Is that how it works ? So the value per token is stake based ? I have always been interested in how come a coin that comes it can say their coin is worth x amount. Interested how that x amount is worked out. Thanks for answering my questions.
July 09, 2017, 04:33:54 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.

That is actually a very good point. I too wonder about how the photos will work. What you talking of is like tokens and how pepecards would work. We already know that idea works and is successful

I think it will just work like a regular photo app that just has cryptocoin intergration. Either way it is a good start.

There are plenty of coins that have needed to centralize some data and although it really is against the purpose of crypto, it happens.  All exchanges have to do it and it is needed sometimes.  But, when a coin like that fails, the coins are lost anyway, so losing that database is a moot point

It's true, the large majority of cryptocurrency users usually end up going through some point of centralization down the line. Considering the fact our native blockchain is merely record keeping the the threat is minimal.

Decentralization is great, but sometimes decentralization for its own sake ends up complicating things that really don't need to be complicated.

Thanks for the comment.
July 09, 2017, 04:27:46 PM
Any updates here? seems a bit quite.
Also, it would be great if devs and snapshot team can show us a bit of a sneak peak to the snapshot app.
A video about it perhaps.

It is not quite. We need more interest in the coin though. The Dev is very active.
We just need some more support and activity from members of the forum. I think your idea of a video presentation is great.
Let's see what they say.

As Herbert says, any quietness here is not on the part of our activity, we pay close attention to questions and comments on this thread.

As for the video,that is something we have talked about, but more than that we have been considering the possibility of a limited alpha two weeks prior to the end of the ICO. That is more likely to be how we proceed, we will update as things progress and change.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
July 09, 2017, 03:17:44 PM
Also, it would be great if devs and snapshot team can show us a bit of a sneak peak to the snapshot app.

It is not quite. We need more interest in the coin though. The Dev is very active.
We just need some more support and activity from members of the forum. I think your idea of a video presentation is great.
Let's see what they say.
Activity: 415
July 09, 2017, 12:12:38 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.

That is actually a very good point. I too wonder about how the photos will work. What you talking of is like tokens and how pepecards would work. We already know that idea works and is successful

I think it will just work like a regular photo app that just has cryptocoin intergration. Either way it is a good start.

There are plenty of coins that have needed to centralize some data and although it really is against the purpose of crypto, it happens.  All exchanges have to do it and it is needed sometimes.  But, when a coin like that fails, the coins are lost anyway, so losing that database is a moot point
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1151
Telegram: @julerz12
July 09, 2017, 06:45:46 AM
Pages:
Jump to: