Pages:
Author

Topic: Snapshot - page 14. (Read 15077 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 08, 2017, 06:12:19 PM
So this is Factom for Photos.

In one sense yes, our native blockchain would be acting as a ledger for photographs. Our ERC20 Snap tokens represent a portion of our yearly income and users are able to win Snap tokens through our weekly rankings. The ledger allows us to ensure anyone trying to win Snap tokens through the weekly rankings aren't gaining the system, and lets us save their photos for future retrieval. In a sense it is two blockchains, both which complement each other and allow Snapshot to be one singular application.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
July 08, 2017, 06:04:32 PM
So this is Factom for Photos.
July 08, 2017, 06:00:49 PM
Under "Market View" you have an evaluation. How do you get to that outcome ? I like the project it is nice you active and answering questions that means you serious.

I also like htat your white paper is in the form of FAQ http://teamsnapshot.org/faqs/ it makes sense just as you said because it is app based.

Hi Zionatin,

Our evaluation is based the funding limit set for our ICO; all the tokens available to investors plus the tokens to be held by Snapshot.

We are trying to be as transparent as possible given our situation, so answering any questions one may have in a timely manner is important to us, thank you for acknowledging that. We're glad you see and understand our reasoning for the FAQ!
July 08, 2017, 05:57:03 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.

The application tags each photo with an address linked to the users wallet, so each photo has a corresponding address which is only held by one user. These addresses are what dictate who owns what photo in our photo storage and our weekly rankings. This bypasses any issues of byte size or trying to store images in other formats like hexadecimal. There would be a point of contact, being our servers tagged images which informs us who owns what, but seeing this isn't dealing with the monetary side of things the risk is negligible. It provides us and the user a layer of authentication which allows us to moderate photo rankings and ensure proper ownership when photos are lost.

The first blockchain layer of Snapshot has no monetary capacity, it is merely to serve as record ledger, so transactions do happen but users do not pay for them. The only costs that are incurred by users in Snapshot is when they opt for photo retrieval or purchase stickers, UI skins etc, and that is done with ERC20 Snap tokens, not the blockchain for ledger purposes.

Issues like the above are why we opted for a two blockchain technology, we had to decouple the means of payment from the means of record keeping.

Thank you for asking thought provoking questions, these are the types of things that not only clarify what Snapshot is to you, but to everyone else who might have been wondering the same thing.

Oh ok I understand now. You have actual ownership over your photos and it is attached to the blockchain so it is as good as written in stone. This will make it easy to track. Who know maybe really nice pictures we take now early on as early adopters of the app our photos will be worth a small fortune in months or years to come. I am thinking of ideas and things to take pictures of. The one thing I just wonder about is if all your photos are connected to your wallet then won't privacy be an issue ? If I take a picture of myself that will be forever attached to my wallet. Perhaps making another wallet for this is a better idea ?

Only photos you choose to "Keep" will be generated an address, so using the blockchain as a ledger is not mandatory, even if you are using the Snapshot camera.
July 08, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
Recently give a vote , Hope Messenger UI will be selected.

Thanks for taking our Views &
also thanks for the prominence of our Votes.

Wait, so that poll on twitter was for which UI will be used in the upcoming snapshot app? I thought they already have an established app. just undergoing some testing

Our polls just give us a better idea of what users are familiar and comfortable with. We feel its our job to continuously make improvements and make the users experience more friendly. So while we already have a set UI we are always trying to learn how to make things easier.
Activity: 906
Merit: 263
July 08, 2017, 01:57:45 PM
Under "Market View" you have an evaluation. How do you get to that outcome ? I like the project it is nice you active and answering questions that means you serious.

I also like htat your white paper is in the form of FAQ http://teamsnapshot.org/faqs/ it makes sense just as you said because it is app based.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
July 08, 2017, 01:47:40 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.

The application tags each photo with an address linked to the users wallet, so each photo has a corresponding address which is only held by one user. These addresses are what dictate who owns what photo in our photo storage and our weekly rankings. This bypasses any issues of byte size or trying to store images in other formats like hexadecimal. There would be a point of contact, being our servers tagged images which informs us who owns what, but seeing this isn't dealing with the monetary side of things the risk is negligible. It provides us and the user a layer of authentication which allows us to moderate photo rankings and ensure proper ownership when photos are lost.

The first blockchain layer of Snapshot has no monetary capacity, it is merely to serve as record ledger, so transactions do happen but users do not pay for them. The only costs that are incurred by users in Snapshot is when they opt for photo retrieval or purchase stickers, UI skins etc, and that is done with ERC20 Snap tokens, not the blockchain for ledger purposes.

Issues like the above are why we opted for a two blockchain technology, we had to decouple the means of payment from the means of record keeping.

Thank you for asking thought provoking questions, these are the types of things that not only clarify what Snapshot is to you, but to everyone else who might have been wondering the same thing.

Oh ok I understand now. You have actual ownership over your photos and it is attached to the blockchain so it is as good as written in stone. This will make it easy to track. Who know maybe really nice pictures we take now early on as early adopters of the app our photos will be worth a small fortune in months or years to come. I am thinking of ideas and things to take pictures of. The one thing I just wonder about is if all your photos are connected to your wallet then won't privacy be an issue ? If I take a picture of myself that will be forever attached to my wallet. Perhaps making another wallet for this is a better idea ?
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1151
Telegram: @julerz12
July 08, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

Wait, so that poll on twitter was for which UI will be used in the upcoming snapshot app? I thought they already have an established app. just undergoing some testing
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 07, 2017, 11:09:55 PM

July 07, 2017, 05:56:06 PM

That is actually a very good point. I too wonder about how the photos will work. What you talking of is like tokens and how pepecards would work. We already know that idea works and is successful

I think it will just work like a regular photo app that just has cryptocoin intergration. Either way it is a good start.

That is a nice simple way to explain our record filing.

Expect the cryptocurrency integration is also to provide users pay outs and ensure no one cheats on our weekly rankings, umong other things. So there is a real, concrete purpose for us using this technology.

Thank you for your input.
July 07, 2017, 05:42:12 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
July 07, 2017, 04:01:59 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.

That is actually a very good point. I too wonder about how the photos will work. What you talking of is like tokens and how pepecards would work. We already know that idea works and is successful

I think it will just work like a regular photo app that just has cryptocoin intergration. Either way it is a good start.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
July 07, 2017, 02:14:45 PM
Ok, so the wallet takes a picture and the data is stored in the blockchain, yes?  Does the user need to spend a coin or an amount to create the TX that the data is stored in and assuming that the black data area that the other chains use is where the image data goes, how is it protected?  Also, I could be totally wrong, but the last I remember there was about 80 bytes of blank space in a Bitcoin TX.  That is not room for a image of any size, but really for a symbolic or database link of some kind and that might involve a centralized point of contact.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 07, 2017, 10:38:07 AM
Can we use any version before ico?

They might be choose some people for testing the application.

If you want then you can personally contact with campaign manager.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Refereum.com
July 06, 2017, 11:46:27 PM
When can we see the alpha version of the app?
^ Ditto
July 06, 2017, 11:41:39 PM
I think project is cool but how can u get in market? Whatsapp wechat.. They dont let u for get in  Grin but good luck

The fact users can earn cash is something that no other similar app has. That is something very solid that people understand, the ability of that alone  to sway the market cant be understated.

July 06, 2017, 11:33:09 PM
When can we see the alpha version of the app?

The app will be available at the end of the ICO, August 10th.
July 06, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
July 06, 2017, 11:01:47 PM
question for snapshot team, if i tell people i know who have photography skills about this project i have some kind of referral incentive right? i read its just 2 referrals per account? why did you set this limit? thanks in advance

That's correct, users are only eligible up to two subscriptions per account.

This limit was set because after a certain amount of bonus payouts it just isn't feasible based on our Snap Token holdings for weekly rankings, its a great incentive to get new users but if it is pushed to far it does a disservice to our bottom line, something that will affect all token holders.
July 06, 2017, 10:53:29 PM
https://techcrunch.com/2014/10/28/whatsapp-revenue/ :
WhatsApp’s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M
Can you support your claim: 'WhatsApp Revenue: +1 Billion (2014)' with evidence?

That was a complete typo on our part.
It was in no way our intention to misconstrue the facts and it does us absolutely no favors, as situations like this happen. We take this very seriously.

We encourage you to go through all our other market valuations and revenue to look for other discrepancies,
as this was an isolated incident.

We are revising the Market View currently.
Pages:
Jump to: