Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 3. (Read 14775 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
there are so many ways to discover the real project and I think it's not so difficult. I started to get it only after reading a few white papers
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
for any ICO that worth of invest you need to understand several point of the project itself.. i am gonna break it down. maybe you can add it up or revise my opinion:
1. Product revelance and how user needs for the upcoming project model.
2. team and advisor member also you need to know their experience and previous works(for advisor)
3. Project objective and ambition. the more segmented project then it will rarely to become success.
4. timeline of development project. how the team will introduce the project and what event they will attend.
5. Whitepaper (obviously)
6. monetize model, this is important because you need to know how the company would get profit
7. investment allocation.
8. search about the project real company or person.

hope this helps. Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Unfortunately now in the falling market even worthy projects lose in price after the termination of ICO and an exit on exchanges. It is very difficult to find projects that have made at least 100% of ICO price. I would just not have invested in the current time or earned tokens involved in the bounty.
Activity: 122
A lot of ICO are scam if they provided some false information of their Team. You can determine if you check some background of those people and roadmap is a mess up which is not not gonna happen and pre-sale is very high and always updating you about investing on their project.
Activity: 378
it is very difficult, but it is possible. you just have to learn how to study the project documents in detail and then you will understand how to detect normal ICO
Activity: 82
there has a many way to check some ico if it not a scam, seing a goal of it project, checking who involved in this project and seing what a product they made that quiet easy.
Activity: 66
No one knows at the end whether ICO is a scam or not. But you should look up for more information about the developers of an ICO as well as check out their Whitepaper.
Activity: 98
Well, to be sure about any ICO you want to invest in, you should  make  intensive research before committing your funds.
Beside, make sure you are not following the crowd by investing in any project.
Activity: 58
Good way to check the ICO project is to watch reviews and ask questions to devs so you can figure out how responsibly they work on the project and care about users' opinion.
Activity: 177
Here are some tips how to avoid scam: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/how-to-identify-scam-icos

hope it will help, but there is 100% method anyway
Activity: 238
First read the whitepaper ,understand the concept of the project,know the team and advisers check their backgrounds. Then follow them on social media and check if they have photos and more better if they have videos and live interviews.Also check out their partnership and verify them.Also join telegram community and ask detailed questions about the project and team.That way you can avoid scam.
Activity: 152
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

You can see from my website, whitepaper and a few of their social media accounts. And you have to look at the team that is behind the ICO project. You should know that a team must have travel and experience in dealing with a project of ICO. It later could determine the success of the project.
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
You need do enough research before you do the investment. You need to read the whitepaper carefully, and find out as much information as possible. Thre mroe information, you cna find, the less risk there will be.
Activity: 34
If the OP does not release any info about the dev team, dont even consider looking at it. If they do, first thing I do is check their social media profiles. If they lack social media profiles, i will image search their headshots on google and look for fake profiles.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
Check their profile team. Some of them are easy to notice if they are faking it.
second, check their advisor, look at the profile of the advisor if they really advise that ICO. if not, then it can be a scam ico.
Activity: 79
Look into everything they offer, ask them questions, see what the flaws are and what are the positives. Don't rush into an investment and only invest what you can afford to invest. There are too many people throwing a lot of money without thinking.
Activity: 406
Hi, everybody. Indeed, a lot of companies now and difficult to choose, because you need to spend a lot of time to analyze each company. And especially pay attention to what is written in the white book, check the team and their social networks, road maps, payment system and the total pool, how many people are involved, in General, check everything. It's time spent, but it's worth it.
Activity: 560
You can not be 100 percent sure that you have chosen the right project. Therefore, there is a rule of diversification. Invest in one project not more than 20 percent of your available money. Invest in several projects. So you will not take too much risk.
Activity: 210
Something I found very helpful was joining their telegram/slack channels.
I feel nowadays people tend to ask more specific and detailed questions to make sure the team are legit/have a plan.
Activity: 196
I think that the first and the most important thing to consider is real, useful,   well-known projects in which the founders took part....  It is the cornerstone of any ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: