Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 6. (Read 14775 times)

copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
I always study all available information about the project. For me, the team, site, idea, white paper is important. I especially pay attention to the team.
Checking and research on the team first is a very good move. I think there is really no way of detecting a scam ICO at the beginning since scammers are also studying how their fraudulent activity will not be detected.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
You can't probably check ICO, smart scammers will never make a mistake so probably better to change your plans and invest money somewhere else insteed of playing coinflip.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
We need to do a research on that ICO, look at the whitepaper and roadmap, what the vision and mission of that ICO. And the most important thing is to know the team, if the team are good work and solid, maybe you can trust that ICO. If the team often abandon the question about their project (no respon), it maybe a scam project. If they keep active on telegram or twitter, you can see that maybe there is a chance that was good ICO.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
I always study all available information about the project. For me, the team, site, idea, white paper is important. I especially pay attention to the team.
Of course, I fully agree that you need to study all the documentation that developers provide to a single project. But how do you analyze the team? You need to know these people and their activities. Scammers may use other people's names.
Activity: 350
Activity: 189
There many ICOs out there, but legit ones are few, you need 100% research before you figure out scams amongst the ICOs, you can track their progress on their forum be it bct or telegram also do well to read the white paper, don't loose your money invest wisely.
Activity: 507
Merit: 252
Look at the white paper, the team, the concept, and so on. You can ask as many questions as possible in order to use it. Then I will take part in their reward activities instead of direct investment.
Activity: 23
my way is to check the team of the project. Check each of them with all their background and if they have experiences on this blockchain field so leave if they worked from fields that are very unrelated.
Activity: 47
To avoid the risk of fraud in choosing a new ICO, I try to suggest that you read carefully about the ICO products they will build, check the ICO team ( try to know about the team's experience in ICO projects ), and their social media accounts.
I'm sure your thoroughness in finding out will avoid the risk of fraud committed by irresponsible people for the purpose of taking unilateral benefits.
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
Most People Have this tool at hand, But didn't ever Learn to use it Properly up to all its Potentialities. but if you train yourself enough in using this tools, someone's coins, and what the final product will look like. Make sure that these questions were adequately meet before investing. Almost all of them looks Good, But not all will give you the Money, I also keep a watch on the whitepaper which gives details about the Developers, Their product details and their foresight about how they want to excel in that Business. So i'm a investment will be waste in the Future.
Activity: 348
Merit: 102
I always look at the problem that the project solves. After this, to solve the problem, which is proposed by the developers. If the support of the project works well and other users actively participate in the discussion of the project, then I am confident in the future of the project. REMME is a project in which everything is there. I liked it and I began to participate in his bounty program
Activity: 14
A good way of determining an ICO if it's a scam by their projects and how are they managed. find an ICO that keeps you updated. such as this one below.
https://medium.com/@dcc.finance2018/weekly-update-march-13-2018-3c4f8fe3ab02
Activity: 149
Merit: 3
im finding hard time also in determining scam project. but to lessen the posibility of scam i see to it that i read their whitepaper and the roadmap. then i join their telegram site to be sure that admins are active and ready to answers query... if no admin in their telegram site it has a greater posibility of a scam project.
Activity: 53
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
better option to check ICOs for potential scamming is too really close explore the team and advisors, if they are unknown or advisors are in many other low quality icos,then better not to participate
Activity: 69
Merit: 6
There are major points by checking these points the risks on the scum are decreasing
- project on github (public code)
- prototype
- team
- advisors
- community (telegram activity, medium, twitter)
Activity: 238
ICO developer projects, no one project can count 100%. In my opinion, it's a good idea to check out the dev team, the community of participants, the evaluation of the ICO review sites, etc. With hundreds of projects nowadays, that can also be temporary. I do not say 100% is successful, but the web site evaluates them also get money from successful projects. Their credibility is their source of income. We can also believe in that. good luck!
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Nowadays to find a good ICO is not that hard.
Many good reviewer websites list a good ICO and worth to invest.
So, we don't have to do own analysis to choose what ICO we will invest, just go through the ICO review websites as a references.
Activity: 773
Now create such ICO projects, in which it is difficult to doubt that it will be fraudulent. This can be learned only after investing in a project, ultimately which you will be deceived by scammers.
Activity: 233
Merit: 1
It is not very easy to identify scams.

Even when the ICO is not a scam, it often becomes a target of phishing attacks: people create fake websites using the project's name (for example 0xproject.info instead of 0xproject.com), use the project Slack to send fake deposit addresses and stuff like that.

Even experienced users should be very cautious.

I can give you some tips that can help you to identify if a project is serious. These are some key points that I and my partners (in the Auctus Project) are considering of extreme importance to show the community our project is for real:

Team: check if the project provides you the real names and information about team members. Check their social network profiles, previous achievements, if you can't find anything about who is behind the project you should be cautious about it.

Bitcoin Talk Forum Thread: See how they respond to critics and doubts about the project here. I have seen some projects that create self-moderated threads (when this is the case, there is a warning message below the thread name) and delete every message that says bad things about their project.

ICO (token sale) terms: See what percentage of the tokens issued will belong to the development team, and most important, see if they defined a vesting period for the dev tokens to be locked. For example, the TenX project had a very successful ICO and they have a 4-year vesting time, so you can see that they are really committed to the project. In the Auctus project, not only the AUC tokens held by the team will be locked, but also the ETH raised. The funds will be released gradually to cover only project expenses.

Product / Development progress: check if the team is actually building something, or if they already have at least a demo or alpha version of their product. This shows they can deliver what they are promising and that they are not only after your money.
thanks for your great explanation, its really helpful for all of us..
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
how can you check it out? it's a good thing to study the project. to read the white paper to study the composition of the team that makes this project. it is good to learn something at the expense of what they want to earn their money. what profit can you make
Pages:
Jump to: