Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 10. (Read 14801 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I think best way to understand ICO scam or not, searching their team and advisor because ICO which has useless team and advisor cannot be success even if their white paper is perfect.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
The problem i have found is its easy to hire people to do some of these things that is used to weigh a project if its legit or not, things like the whitepaper can be written by a person with so much crypto expereience and people also fall for a good looking website which basically should not fall under the criteria of finding a good project...things we need now is to know if real people are behind a project to avoid investing in ghost projects.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
I'm really embarassed, why people don't do a proper research about projects. Scams are getting a real problem and who has thought after BitConnect, they'll be warned, was wrong. Other side too, people are fast in spreading scam accusations and this ist also very dangerous for good projects getting tagged as scam athough they aren't. I hope everyone will calm down and do some good analysis before judging.
Activity: 112

You can check their information on prestige rating pages such as icotracker, ICO list, Bitcointalk. Beside, you can see their community on social media channels to know they are really strong or not
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
I don't really know to detect it. at least you should see telegram group, or bounty manager. and if there is still information from the bounty manager and there is still communication, I'm sure it's not a scam.
Activity: 507
Merit: 252
The number of telegram group and the heat of discussion can determine whether the project is good or bad also  We can see the potential of the team from the code update.

Using Google search, you can solve puzzles. Usually a project is not popular, communities are not popular. Most of them have no value for investment. Teams are also very important, and usually good team projects are popular.
Activity: 280
Please check their stats on ICO bench, I have one for you: Bitxoxo is the fastes growing company in the market right now. Offers lots of advantage for the investors they are holding right now, bounties also available for the meantime and the stats are good for them to serve everyone right now.

I usually use ICO rating to see its score and team. If the score is high, the team has experience and I will consider participating.
Activity: 23
I think the first thing to look at is the team behind it. Check if the team is really as experienced and reliable as they claimed to be. People that has something to loose prestige wise would not risk their career for an ICO that is a scam.
Activity: 81
Theres a lot of ICO today and maybe some of them is a scam, but to be aware in scam and have a legit ICO first you must look i they have whitepaper and roadmap and what is the purpose of the project if it useful and how it work at all. See some proofs to be aware always curiousity is good as always be safe.
Activity: 100
I think you just have to check their code on github, whether it's updated regularly, or whether the code base is submitting enough.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Investments into ICO it is very risky as now many ICO are projects swindlers. At the choice of ICO it is necessary very attentively ishchuchit the project! First of all I look for information on new ICO on the analytical websites if there is no information anywhere, then you shouldn't invest in this project. If at the project good ratings on these websites, then I begin to study in detail: team, idea, white paper, parnersky agreements.
Activity: 140

This scammer's are the reason why some investor are afraid to invest their money in ICOs. Because some of them are already victimized this bad group of people. As to prevent this scammer's ICOs, before you join their project try to research first their whitepaper and their team. So that you will have a guide if their project is legit and useful to the people.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
First of all you need to consider if the product is solving any problems. Then, look at the whitepaper, roadmap and the teams expertise. I also look at the partnerships of the project and if the team members are active and attending crypto related conferences.
Activity: 74
It is very educational, every day, reading the article will know something new for yourself! I recently do the study of ICO, but I am very addictive! Every day I am more and more immersed in ICO and the only way to find out what will be good, and what a fake! And 100% do not know!
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Most of the time, you can be in bitcointalk BBS search information about the project, many people will give you the poor record of the project or need to pay attention to things, these are some valuable information, you are worthy of attention.
Activity: 868
Merit: 252
The best way to check is to search everything about this ICO. The team, the community, the site, the founder, the idea. If any pf these or other things look suspicion, then you just pass it.

But it will not be that easy to pass ICO that will scam in the end because we will not know if the project is already running, and my experience of ICO scam is only seen at the end of ICO after they successfully deceive everyone to raise funds.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

Only experience and deep analyzing can help you in your question bro. Just don't be lazy and check check check everything.
Activity: 91

These days checking out scams can be very tricky, their developers has come up with very convincing ways to develop that looks so legitimate, some of the factors to consider however is the token allocation, the development teams involved and the project plan, if these are convincing enough then you can look further, iif not, let the ICO be
Pages:
Jump to: