Pages:
Author

Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam? - page 7. (Read 14801 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
It is probably impossible to check , you can try to talk with managers or other people involved in this ICO but if it's scam you will never know becaue pople will say the same.
Activity: 70
It is probably impossible to check , you can try to talk with managers or other people involved in this ICO but if it's scam you will never know becaue pople will say the same. Smiley
Activity: 77
you can analysis whitepaper. if they have impossible goals you can understand it. or you can check developers.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Yes,  there are so many ICO. We can check the reviews from different sites, it will help a lot to check if the the project is real but there are some cases that the reviews are good but the ICO was SCAM. So,  the reviews is just our guide to make a decision,  we need to take extra precautions with our investment to protect our money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
I think the only way for you to do that is to make more research befor you make any investment. For example, you should find out who are the team members to see if they are good enough for the coins to be successful. And you can also ask question in the forum to seek others' help. Good luck.
It is true. To support it can use the analysis provided by many applications such as icobench. However, a deeper analysis should also be done, always updating the information. In this forum is also often there who create a thread report if there is a scam ico project, based on existing evidence.
Activity: 84
take a good look at the website, whitepapper, social media, and all related domains. otherwise it is better to find a company that has been operating for a long time before issuing ICO
Activity: 78
you have to check whether somebody from the team is reachable or not (linkedin etc.).
If they have a good looking github repo it's a scam unlikely, but you must review the code on your own.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
Research is needed. There is a category you must use to arrive at a conclusion if a particular ICO is worth investing. As a base, you should definitely look at the core teams, whitepapers, websites, their social media, and their online presence.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
It is true that we should review the ICOs well for us to know if it scam or promising. There are a lot of scam ICOs nowadays, the best way for us to know if the ICO is scam or not is by checking the background of the developers and the team behind the project.
Activity: 144
Get more details about the project:
- Team, advisors – experience, reputation;
- Previous projects – successful or not;
- Whitepaper – how transparent it is;
- MVC – is these something to start with;
- Roadmap – clear goals, exact estimates;
- Project idea – vision of project future, perspectives, profitability;

Of course, these items cannot guarantee anything but if a project is really profitable and a team has enough skills and work done to finish it, they won't have a reason to fraud.
This is quite correct. It is important to do a background check regarding the ICO. Although those items will not guarantee a project is not a scam, it will guide you whether it is a trustworthy project. Just read enough details that will convince you that a project is legit.
Activity: 87
well check their twitter and website, they need to have enough tweets and followers and if the website looks legit, next check the team, the need to have real people and they have linkedin or twitter with real human pics
next check telegram
also you can check their on raiting sites like icodrops etc
Activity: 23
any ICO who doesn't have good and solid advisors it's a no for me. it's means they could not convince any to advice them or that they are not serious. it's my opinion though.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Get more details about the project:
- Team, advisors – experience, reputation;
- Previous projects – successful or not;
- Whitepaper – how transparent it is;
- MVC – is these something to start with;
- Roadmap – clear goals, exact estimates;
- Project idea – vision of project future, perspectives, profitability;

Of course, these items cannot guarantee anything but if a project is really profitable and a team has enough skills and work done to finish it, they won't have a reason to fraud.
Activity: 28
 think that the first and the most important thing to consider is real, useful, well-known projects in which the founders took part. It is the cornerstone of any ICO.
Activity: 23
The best way to check is to search everything about this ICO. The team, the community, the site, the founder, the idea. If any pf these or other things look suspicion, then you just pass it. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
You shouldn't only check for scams but also avoid project that are not likely to succeed. Fortunately the identification process is the same.
Read the whitepaper, understand how the product will work, what solutions it will bring and who benefits from this. Look at the team members and their expertise. Make sure their LinkedIn profiles are real and if they are participating conferences its a good sign that they are legit because they allow people to see them and it costs money to participate in a conference. Check their social media and importantly how responsive they are.
I think the ICO market should to use the DAICO feature to create ICO in the future.
As long as the onwer of ICO projects really want to develop their projects, I do not think DAICO can become the problem to apply in the system.
TheAbyss is the first DAICO ICO finished its ICO, I am really want to see the result of this PJ in the next time.
brand new
Activity: 0
I think to check it is very difficult, but I suggest to make sure first all the biodata from that make the ICO.
Activity: 217
I recommend that you analyze projects in great detail to invest your money. I believe that you need to study the team, partners, product, idea. I'd like to know. There are so many project apparently very good that it's really difficult to make a choice without the stress of making a bad one.
But some ICO are a so bad project and a so poor management that it's just common sense to stay away from them.
So, even there are no clear rules, just some common sense can help to avoid big mistakes.
Activity: 178
Merit: 2
read whitepaper, check the coin in the compare websites like coinschedule and such and read the roadmap makes sense or not
Activity: 484
Merit: 101
I think the only way for you to do that is to make more research befor you make any investment. For example, you should find out who are the team members to see if they are good enough for the coins to be successful. And you can also ask question in the forum to seek others' help. Good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: