Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD OUT] Flexible USB-based powered PCI-E risers $18-$20/each - page 10. (Read 25058 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
where would you be shipping from? and do you offer shipping to canada?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
No reply as of yet. I've sent another email to the supplier.

The $15 ballpark was for the guy wanting to get 50 from me. Plenty of sellers have a higher or lower price depending on qty ordered. Prices aren't concrete though. I'll see what I can do. It all depends if I can order the damn things.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Put me down for 10 at the $15 ballpark... or 5 for the $20 ballpark.  I too would appreciate a PM notification of final price.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I would be in for 16 if price was 15ish.  Keep us in the loop!
id be in for 5 if shipping is decently priced to canada.
Activity: 42
I am in for 10 if my post above is right!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Surely the power will come from wherever it is supplied and the source doesnt really matter so long as the data connection is there?
unno if im not reading it right or just not seeing it. but so instead of connecting via the ribbon cable it connects via usb to an adapter that goes in the pci-e slot  which is an awesome idea but are these powered? like can i plug a 4 pin molex to these to get the 75w i need like a powered riser does? or does this just draw the power from the motherboard?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
This is very interesting. Just out of curiosity, wouldn't a 1x to 1x extender work as well? You're not using the data lanes on the 16x connector and there are many mods out there that cut out the GPU pins (dat resale value) or cut out a piece of the 1x mobo socket (dat warranty) and work just fine with a 16x GPU.

What are the other parts on the GPU slot for? Is that a sensing transistor so the data lane works only if the power requirements are met?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
No reply from supplier yet.

edit dec 15 10:56am CST: still no update
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
Lol you still have the PCI power that runs to your gpu's
The power connector is there to power the riser so that the GPU's don't draw that power from the PCI bus and destroy your psu or the motherboard
Damn, silly me, totally forgot those power cables run directly from PSU to the cards. (I blame OP for the pictures he posted, it looks so neat and clean  Cheesy )
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
At $15 I'll also be in for 20, possible more as this may be easier than replacing some of the ribbon cables I use now with longer ones.
Activity: 224
Nice, what's the estimated price range?
If you read the thread, I said I am ballparking $25 each. I need to wait for the supplier to get back to me on pricing.

Sorry, somehow I completely missed that.

I'm interested, count me in for 20.

One question: in the configuration shown in the picture, is all power coming from SATA ports? If each card uses 300w, it doesn't seem likely a total of 1800w can be provided via SATA. I probably missed something here.

Lol you still have the PCI power that runs to your gpu's
The power connector is there to power the riser so that the GPU's don't draw that power from the PCI bus and destroy your psu or the motherboard
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Your $15 price point has me very interested. I'd be in for 10-20.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I will take 10 to start with..
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
Nice, what's the estimated price range?
If you read the thread, I said I am ballparking $25 each. I need to wait for the supplier to get back to me on pricing.

Sorry, somehow I completely missed that.

I'm interested, count me in for 20.

One question: in the configuration shown in the picture, is all power coming from SATA ports? If each card uses 300w, it doesn't seem likely a total of 1800w can be provided via SATA. I probably missed something here.

Thats a good point actually, I hadnt even thought about how to house these!
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
I too find myself interested in these. 5 of the PCIe1x's please.  Cheesy

But, I'm more interested in the case/setup! That looks very cool. Is that a custom built rig or did you buy it somewhere?
Same, if you can hit me up once you get a confirmed pricing point and a cost per unit of various quantities then that would be appreciated a lot. I am definitely *in*, the quantity is all driven by price at the moment Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: