Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD OUT] Flexible USB-based powered PCI-E risers $18-$20/each - page 8. (Read 25058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Another update. Supplier said in their production run of the risers with the molex (lets call it v3. v2 is sata power with upwards USB plug on the pci-e connector that goes in the motherboard. v1 is sata power and has sideways USB plug on the PCI-e connecto that goes in the motherboard), they ran out of a certain component for assembling them. They said they are willing to send v2 instead.

In order to get the order moving as fast as possible, I said I would be willing to take either version, or a mix of them, so long as total pieces received is 250.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Please, pay no mind to the thread crapper. I will update the thread when I have more information. All I can say right now is I ordered 250 of them out of my own pocket, and am waiting for the tracking number. The supplier said they would have stock starting early next week. I will post a price when I have them in hand ready for shipping.

Sounds good, mate.
legendary
Please, pay no mind to the thread crapper. I will update the thread when I have more information. All I can say right now is I ordered 250 of them out of my own pocket, and am waiting for the tracking number. The supplier said they would have stock starting early next week. I will post a price when I have them in hand ready for shipping.
legendary
HODL for life.
Price per riser?

I've been eyeing this style for a while, and I'm going to be in desperate need for some risers soon.

Whatever he tells you, I'm pretty sure I can do it for less.  Waiting on some parts to come in, but I'm at around 10-15$ per riser ATM. 

Thank for the info, yorich!  Roll Eyes

ssateneth, what are you pricing these per riser?  I'm trying to gauge my options.

-Fuse
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
When do you expect you will have them in hand?

I'd like a few...
Activity: 991
Merit: 500

I need about 110. Fast.. I have BTC
legendary
HODL for life.
Price per riser?

I've been eyeing this style for a while, and I'm going to be in desperate need for some risers soon.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
That's better, right?  That's pretty sweet.
legendary
Another update. It looks like the supplier will instead be sending these, with a 60cm cable.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
interested  in 3+ maybe a lot more  if I decide to expand my farm
Activity: 826
I've ordered 250 of these using Paypal. The supplier asked me to cover the paypal fee. I wanted to make sure I had recourse in case he sent nothing at all, so I paid the fee too. It'll be sent with DHL Express, and hopefully I get a tracking number soon.

Once I get the risers, I'll go ahead and show some pictures of what I received, and either edit the thread title to indicate I'm selling them in hand, or I'll make a new thread. I'll be able to sell them at a discount compared to the asking price of the various vendors, while still making a little bit for myself, since I'm assuming all the risk here. I'll work out a final price once I receive them.

Thank you! I'm in for at least 4.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I've ordered 250 of these using Paypal.

Awesome! Thanks for the update and thanks for doing this!
Activity: 42
Thanks a lot for the update, still keen on these  Smiley
legendary
I've ordered 250 of these using Paypal. The supplier asked me to cover the paypal fee. I wanted to make sure I had recourse in case he sent nothing at all, so I paid the fee too. It'll be sent with DHL Express, and hopefully I get a tracking number soon.

Once I get the risers, I'll go ahead and show some pictures of what I received, and either edit the thread title to indicate I'm selling them in hand, or I'll make a new thread. I'll be able to sell them at a discount compared to the asking price of the various vendors, while still making a little bit for myself, since I'm assuming all the risk here. I'll work out a final price once I receive them.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
25$ is way too much.   I've spec'd out an initial parts list from newark.com, and these could be made for around 10$ each, give or take (would need to design the boards in eaglecad first to get PCB costs, but based on size, should be ~1$/board).   I'm waiting for one to come in the mail to get the pinout, but once I do I'm gonna try and design a clone of this.   give me around a week or two to get the piece in and i can get a better estimate
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Keep me updated on this please
Activity: 568
Merit: 255
Im in the UK and got these last week from China...great bit of kit but I found the 30cm USB leads were not long enough so got some longer ones

legendary
Activity: 1050
Okay a couple quick questions on possible issues:

Do we know how much power you can pull off the SATA power connectors?  Seems like this could very quickly turn into a bad idea as you probably should only have one or two cards connected to a single SATA lead cable coming off the PS.  As most PS' seem to have only two SATA power leads max this could mean anywhere from 2 to 4 cards maximum.  I guess you could go molex>sata with an additional adapter but it would be nice to know that upfront.  (I just am imagining some guy hooking up 4 SATA power leads to a single cable off the PS and then melting down the whole thing....)

Also, the USB is only for connector type not for signalling, but isn't there a maximum distance that can be utilized between the slot and the card?  I remember trying to combine two old riser cables together previously and it failing miserably...  Does the PCI bus have no issues with the longer signal once the riser is powered?

Sata handles as much.. err more data per line than ide cables Smiley the others are built using IDE cable.
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
Crypto ehalvers
I am interested in a few of these if the price is right  Wink

anyone know if these will work with this mobo?

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Activity: 51
I would be interested in two x16 and two x1.

think you missed something there. It is for a 1x to 16x powered riser "kit". There is no separate 1x or 16x riser
Pages:
Jump to: