Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD OUT] Flexible USB-based powered PCI-E risers $18-$20/each - page 2. (Read 25058 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
What is that 4 pin-sata cable for and how did you plug it into the usb riser? i see no connection on both 16x and 1x board.
The Sata cable connects right bellow the usb port on the 16x socket.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
What is that 4 pin-sata cable for and how did you plug it into the usb riser? i see no connection on both 16x and 1x board.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Normal risers work fine on those pice slots

I meant the PCI-E 1x riser, or swapping them around?

I swapped out ribbon risers. tried it on all slots the card is not getting any power.
I have 1X-16x ribbon risers which are working on 16X slots as well. I think I am missing something basic.. as none of my USB risers seems to be working
Activity: 130

I meant the PCI-E 1x riser, or swapping them around?
legendary
any idea why my rig wont recognize these risers... cards work fine on other risers they are not getting powered up when i turn on the PC

Try wiping the PCI-E 1x with your finger to see if there is any residue on it.
legendary
any idea why my rig wont recognize these risers... cards work fine on other risers they are not getting powered up when i turn on the PC
Activity: 196
any more coming?
Activity: 140
Wow.. my post got deleted? The TS is selling risers but he's sold out and I'm just saying perhaps someone still wants them and is looking for options.. let's talk about that (or pm)

Yeah, mine did too.

Amusing that you can't advertise in someone else's thread if that person is sold out of the same goods you're selling. You'd figure that would make a nice alternative.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Wow.. my post got deleted? The TS is selling risers but he's sold out and I'm just saying perhaps someone still wants them and is looking for options.. let's talk about that (or pm)
I purchased some risers almost exactly like this, but they do not get recognized on the 16x slots. The 1x slots they work fine. I'm going crazy trying to get it working.

Are they plugged in correctly on the 16x? The hold on the upper corner should be facing towards the I/O backpanel
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I purchased some risers almost exactly like this, but they do not get recognized on the 16x slots. The 1x slots they work fine. I'm going crazy trying to get it working.
Activity: 244
keep this updated
Activity: 144
any more on the horizon?
Activity: 322
I am very impressed with these puppies!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Are there "cut" versions available that won't send power back to the motherboard?

That's not how physics works, but technically, these are "cut" since there are no power pins being utilized; the USB cable only has enough wires to carry PCI-E clock and data signals.
legendary
Activity: 952
These things are so kickass it's not even funny. Will post pics on Wed of them all in place!  Cool Grin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--7216  Cool
Nice setup, but man those cards are hot. Thanks for posting, nice to see these working.
Ya I put a box fan up, blowing on that rig and the 5x undervolted 280x rig right above it (also using 5 of these connectors), and the temps are sitting right at 79-82C on all 5 cards.
Activity: 195
Are there "cut" versions available that won't send power back to the motherboard?
Activity: 378
I need 6 to 8 of these do you have any left in stock or any idea when you will have back in stock

I do, check my sig.
Pages:
Jump to: