Pages:
Author

Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam - page 11. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
I couldn't disagree that it can be the reason of scammers to enter this new project. It could be the reason for another mass fund raising. But compare with the ICO's reputation, since IEO is still new I still in doubt about it but still had a good choice if we choose IEO than ICO. Considering exchanges are the one's responsible for this project thus i don't think reputable exchanges will allow scammers to ruined their reputations.
In IEO, you have to get an exchange to sell your tokens and raise funds for you. So if an exchange out there is a scam and dubious exchange, it will conduct an IEO which will be scam and will take people’s money but it is just not possible and scammer would try to look for something easy than going through such a tedious scamming activities. In other words, it is not possible.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
yes you're right some IEOs could also turn scam, we should careful what we invest now because IEO is growing the scammers will follow the trend. I think it's better to invest which listed in known exchanges.
Activity: 319
Merit: 1
Ofcourse yes but mot obviously scam they do and the strategy they did is they list the ieo launchpad in the cheap Exchanges that has fake volume so they will raised funds and they only list the launchpad in that Exchanges so not all ieos are legit and probably gives us benefits because the price of ieo can be dumped also but i have a potential project that can easily rise from dump after listing and this is the Dencoin tokens ao must have investments at this project.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
IN either case IEO gives a certain level of legitimacy to any project because one simple reason-
any exchange which has a IEO launchpad will give a good look to project and their team before listing it , because they just dont want to help promote scams.
Activity: 281
Merit: 18
Arabs Bitcoin CEO
Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity,

I agree that good exchange will not conduct any project any how, they will make sure of the project and team legitimacy, in fact, I will not invest in any project because it is holding its IEO in strong exchange that is not enough grantee, I should do my home work and study project, team and the case use of coin before joining,    
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
As you know IEO trend is growing day by day and different exchanges are offering IEO and most of project going to IEO and some of them may be scams so invest carefully.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
Definitely yes! Despite the fact that IEOs are the latest/hottest deal, there is no guarantee that all will be successful as such! We mustn't forget also that it's also people that will participate also iEOs same as the ailing ICOs.
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
Looks like almost all the exchanges out there have created their own launchpad and thus making every project going for IEO. Is it good than traditional ICO model? As many have said on here its understandable that unless the exchange has its own big reputation, big personalities like CZ who's shilling his own launchpad constantly, large number of traders then there's no hope of raising required funds. If succeeds then those big exchange's institutional partners can also be a good backer of the IEO projects. For reference, see what Binance or Huobi are doing to their platform's IEO projects. As far as I know it costs more than a quarter half of million dollars to do an IEO on Houbi.  The proceeding fee is even enough to tell us that scammers won't even get near to that exchange!  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
This is another reason why investors will have to be careful not to fall victim of scam IEOs. The number of smaller exchanges out there are numerous and I agree that they will be looking to cash in on any opportunity to list any kind of project without fully doing background checks and verification on it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
I see the IEO is the current solution for new projects that want to raise funds, because so far the ICO has disappointed many investors
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Maybe some IEOs could also turn out to be scam.
But, IEOs is better than ICOs because it more safe and trusted,IMO.
Lets hope the cryptospace will be better.

And it is best to join IEOs for large exchange, to avoid unnecessary risks. Also joining Binance IEO only requires BNB hold and BNB price increase each time after the new IEO announcement
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
I agree that just the fact that it is an IEO doesn't absolutely guarantee that it's not a scam. Even those on big exchanges such as Binance could turn out to be a scam - I know it's not that likely, as the exchange is effectively staking its reputation on the project, but still, in crypto we seem to never be more than 24 hours away from a new controversy. I fully expect some scammy IEO to fool a big exchange at some point.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
IEO also Scam Who Are Listed On New and Small Exchanges. I Just Believe Personally Project Which Is Listed On Big And Trusted Exchanges Like Binance Kucoin okex Are the genuine And Remember everything happen in Crytocurrency world We Cant Fully trust on Any project. So Research Carefully Before investing Any Project related to Cryto. whether Its ICO & IEO.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
yes I agree with you, besides promoting protection scam, I also doubt the security level of a small market, you should indeed join IEO in a well-known market such as binance
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
I couldn't disagree that it can be the reason of scammers to enter this new project. It could be the reason for another mass fund raising. But compare with the ICO's reputation, since IEO is still new I still in doubt about it but still had a good choice if we choose IEO than ICO. Considering exchanges are the one's responsible for this project thus i don't think reputable exchanges will allow scammers to ruined their reputations.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
Yes that's correct that some IEOs also turning out to be scam besides its not an assurance that there is no scam if the project is IEO. And also some says that IEO is just an upgrade of ICO, turning out to be simmilar but in a different ways.
Actually there is no guarantee that the IEO has no fraud. The IEO and ICO do have the same purpose but only different ways of selling tokens. Of the many IEOs, of course we cannot conclude that all IEOs are fraudulent. It's just that you always be careful before investing in the IEO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
To make sure you are investing on a good IEO project then you should only participate on big exchanges. Dont trust all exchange especially mid range who just release their own launchpad. Make a deep research first, on how does the project work. Indeed exchange scrutinize the legality but youre job is to secure youre own fund if you decided to invest in those IEOs.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1168
Of course, some IEO can become a scam, especially if it holded on exchanges with a bad reputation, such as Yobit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Yes that's correct that some IEOs also turning out to be scam besides its not an assurance that there is no scam if the project is IEO. And also some says that IEO is just an upgrade of ICO, turning out to be simmilar but in a different ways.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
Not all IEOs are good and provide benefits if you invest. Because projects and exchanges usually affect investors' interest to invest. So if a small exchange of course investors do not want to invest because it is very risky. Unlike the case with large exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: