Pages:
Author

Topic: Soon we would not need banks - page 10. (Read 3670 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 10:40:49 AM
In my opinion, until whenever we will still need a bank. I am sure that this world cannot switch 100% to crypto currency. Until whenever fiat currency cannot be replaced with crypto currency. Crypto currencies and fiat currencies are complementary. This bank will continue to be useful for storing fiat currencies and other valuable assets. Instead, I will give an appreciation if banks and crypto currencies build a partnership, for example banks implement blockchain systems or banks receive crypto currency storage. I'm sure if this happens then this world will feel easier and more comfortable. We will be more facilitated if we want to trade far or near, and with fiat or crypto currencies. All will make our work easier and faster.
Activity: 269
Merit: 1
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
September 23, 2018, 10:29:24 AM
I think that will not happen, the bank will not disappear and will still be there because the bank is very helpful to the community through loans or also to save. Banks get support from the government and with that the bank will survive.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 23, 2018, 10:14:17 AM
Too early to say that, I must say its a big statement, Banks wont disappear, crypto currency is still not on a position to defeat banks.

Lol. How soon is soon? I'm not seeing that happening in the next decade. Banks have a really firm grip in today's society and it would be hard for anything to supplant them. Governments, corporations, big and small businesses, all these are held by banks.
Activity: 538
Merit: 250
September 23, 2018, 10:12:05 AM
I don't agree with this because banks don't only keep the money for people but also provide credit. Therefore, banks will last forever whether become number one currency or not.
Activity: 434
Merit: 86
Community Manager
September 23, 2018, 09:49:41 AM
Nose, I do not have it very clear, one of the main reasons for all this was so that there were no banks, but every time more intentions of the banks are seen interesting by the blockchain. The roles are changing.
Activity: 217
September 23, 2018, 09:46:07 AM
Too early to say that, I must say its a big statement, Banks wont disappear, crypto currency is still not on a position to defeat banks.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
September 23, 2018, 09:38:36 AM
Banking sysyem is an important part of our economics. There is no way to ignore this. Off course, criptocurrencies change rules by time but it is still in progress.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
September 23, 2018, 09:19:20 AM
The Ceo of Bitcoin cash recently stated that soon people wouldn't be needing banks anymore.Does it mean the world is going crypto soon or he is just bluffing.
I will not agree with you because banks are really needed for the cryptocurrency system. Do you think you could need to transfer all your money and hand it over to exchange crypto? Well the bank could do it for you! Could you cash out and get your money directly from the local exchanges? No, but the bank could do it for you. It is so hard to deny the fact that bank has established already a good system where people feel like we need them. Besides it is not good also to store all your money in a digital wallet for digital wallet is not a bank.
Activity: 280
Merit: 39
Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure
September 23, 2018, 09:14:06 AM
I can't see banks going anywhere within the next 20 years or so, I think that they will have their place.

Society is heavily reliant on banks and, while governments and bad practices from banks and individuals alike cause problems, they provide a good service beyond that which any crypto can offer.

definitely agree to you sir/ma'am banks will never be gone or be remove in the society on our financial system banks has been part of our system for so long
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
September 23, 2018, 08:58:59 AM
That perception reflects reality. The number of Bitcoin transactions (as opposed to trades) has not risen much in the last few years, and one recent academic study suggested that half of those transactions are associated with illicit activity. As a medium of exchange, Bitcoin remains today pretty much what it was in 2010: an interesting complement to the existing monetary system, primarily useful for people interested in avoiding legal authorities or living in societies racked by inflation (like, say, in Venezuela or Zimbabwe).
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
September 23, 2018, 08:53:15 AM
I can't see banks going anywhere within the next 20 years or so, I think that they will have their place.

Society is heavily reliant on banks and, while governments and bad practices from banks and individuals alike cause problems, they provide a good service beyond that which any crypto can offer.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
September 23, 2018, 08:51:42 AM
The Ceo of Bitcoin cash recently stated that soon people wouldn't be needing banks anymore.Does it mean the world is going crypto soon or he is just bluffing.

We still need banks/remittance centers/atm machine to exchange our cryptos to our local fiat and cash it out. Although we can pay bills by means of crypto currency we still banks because not all merchants accepts crypto currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 08:14:49 AM
I have little idea how bitcoin can replace banks. I use and crypto currency, and constantly use the services of the Bank and I do not know how, for example, will be able to pay utility bills through bitcoin, or take a loan.
Activity: 527
Merit: 101
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
September 23, 2018, 08:10:05 AM
This is just an assumption, because banks are now an integral part of our economic life, and it will take many years before they are gone. If that ever happens.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 23, 2018, 08:03:26 AM
I don't think so but rather about 90 to 95 percent of world population would no longer need banks. Cos 90 to 95 percent would be the people that would easily understand and adapt the concept of crytocurrency while the remaining 10 to 5 percent would not find cryto to be interesting. At the same time it will take saveral years for crypto to replace banks completely
Activity: 364
September 23, 2018, 07:58:12 AM
Of course, I would like that to happen. But I do not think that bitcoin can really be a full replacement for banks. And banks have many other functions that are not yet under the power of bitcoin.

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 07:52:31 AM
But first, need to Bitcoin have been run worldwide. There are very few countries that have installed BTC cash machines. There are several companies working on this.
But this is not possible yet. It could take more time to implement.
Activity: 342
September 23, 2018, 07:50:56 AM
Traditional banks have made their existence irreplaceable and they are not just a mode for making transactions but they meet all adhoc requests of general public unlike Bitcoin which is constraint to only people who use internet. Decentralized nature of Bitcoin will never allow it to be anywhere close to being a bank.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
September 23, 2018, 07:40:18 AM
I think this news is more hypothetical than informational. No one knows exactly whether cryptocurrency can replace banks and how soon it will happen. But the assumption is interesting.
Activity: 950
Merit: 517
September 23, 2018, 07:39:16 AM
The banks are important to us, even if you have a lot of money from crypto you really need to save it in the bank or it will be rotted in your place.
Pages:
Jump to: