Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 203. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
In 1.6.2 on cn-v7 algo intensity higher 100 not give jumps and drops in hashrate like it was on 1.6.1. But speed is low on v7... I tried 54,56,72,90,108,116 but all these intensities gives max 985 h/s on my RX 580 8Gb cards. On 1.6.0 I have 1030-1040 h/s...
Maybe I do something wrong? I tried to wait up to 10 min every try. But speed didn't jumps like in heavy algo. It pretty stable. Couse of it I didn't wait any longer.
Who got speed higher 1000 h/s on v7 with 1.6.2? Share your settings, please...

Same issue: 1.6.0 gets 1080 h/s on RX 588, but 1.6.2 - only 1025 h/s with same config.

Looks like that some optimisations that work nicely for vega degrade performance on rx.
I will rework my kernel so the speed should be back to v1.6.0 speeds on rx.

goo doktor goo need more hash ^^
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
@Doc

I am a happy User for your Miner and appreciate your Work 💪

Just with my RX580, 8GB RIG‘s I have the „legendary“ Problem, that after a Pool Switch the HR drops to 950 ish and only recovers to 1040 H/s  after Start of GPU-Z and let it run for a few Minutes...

I use Version 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 and CN Heavy Algo

Can you fix this issues?
Thx
Activity: 35
Hi Doktor.

Good job with your miner.

I have 1 580 bios mod and 1 Vega64 table-mod
And I have 930 and 2090 hashrate.

Only one question, Can I set restart pool every 12-15 hours?
How?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
In 1.6.2 on cn-v7 algo intensity higher 100 not give jumps and drops in hashrate like it was on 1.6.1. But speed is low on v7... I tried 54,56,72,90,108,116 but all these intensities gives max 985 h/s on my RX 580 8Gb cards. On 1.6.0 I have 1030-1040 h/s...
Maybe I do something wrong? I tried to wait up to 10 min every try. But speed didn't jumps like in heavy algo. It pretty stable. Couse of it I didn't wait any longer.

Same issue: 1.6.0 gets 1080 h/s on RX 588, but 1.6.2 - only 1025 h/s with same config.

Looks like that some optimisations that work nicely for vega degrade performance on rx.
Good! We're waiting...
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

Activity: 44

Have you tried delete the comma at the end of last paranthesis. That comma is seperating multiple pools but you have only one pool. Maybe that will work.

One other thing is your pool has an announcement about "2018-07-05 Pool is ready for hardfork at 150000, and accepts Sumo, Sumi, Subo, RYoL, RYoN, RYoS addresses".
Maybe your RYoL adress is not supported yet since blockchain did not reach the fork height.

thanks a lot everyone! maybe you are right, I should wait till fork happen and then my address will work. thank you

Update:
it doesnt start with tradeogre address either Sad
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
Dok - you need to set your Vega 56 fans to minumum 3000RPM because the card will throttle itself if the HBM2 memory gets too hot.

i know, but this was just a quick test to show off  Grin
kid was sleeping didnt want to turn on the turbine

LOL true the vega's are loud
Dok - you need to set your Vega 56 fans to minumum 3000RPM because the card will throttle itself if the HBM2 memory gets too hot.

i know, but this was just a quick test to show off  Grin
kid was sleeping didnt want to turn on the turbine
Activity: 230
Next version peek, Vega56 bittubev2 algo :

considering that all closed source miners almost certainly contain open source code or code derived from open source projects and is precisely how crypto assets have come to be.

So if it is like you say, why did you even have to ask me when it looks like to me you already gave the answer before making the question?
Also, it's a little strange that you suddenly came from your fpga threads here, with your licensing question.

So here is an answer i hope it will satisfy you :
I am not using copy pasted code from open source projects, but i am using some good ideas, reworked in my own style.

this is likely one of the reasons why you have had to close source yours

The reason is obvious, if you follow the open source scene (oh you do, you wouldn be here now if you didn't), then you know that there are always 'good helping people' who remove the devfee, compile, upload and share on forums the 0% fee version.
Activity: 33
I'm not he.  No affiliation.  Thought it pertinent to ask and for you to answer that question publicly.  As a developer, I as sure that you agree that too many miners developers are taking GPL code and using it outside of the license and this is likely one of the reasons why you have had to close source yours and other developers like Imperdin may end up having to close sourcing his.

Thank you for coming here to tell me this.. But im curious, what does he have that he can close source ? Smiley

I wouldn't know.  You get the point.

You took offense to me asking if you used someone else's GPL code in a closed source project.  Its an immature response considering that all closed source miners almost certainly contain open source code or code derived from open source projects and is precisely how crypto assets have come to be.

Based on your response, I clearly wasn't the only one thinking it.  If you take a more objective view, you may appreciate the opportunity to have publicly stated that you did not for anyone else that was wondering.

I'm not he.  No affiliation.  Thought it pertinent to ask and for you to answer that question publicly.  As a developer, I as sure that you agree that too many miners developers are taking GPL code and using it outside of the license and this is likely one of the reasons why you have had to close source yours and other developers like Imperdin may end up having to close sourcing his.

Thank you for coming here to tell me this.. But im curious, what does he have that he can close source ? Smiley
V1.6.2
- Added support for Italocoin new algo (from block 55.000)
- Auto intensity for Vega cards improved, also managed to increase hashing speed on Vega cards for about ~1-1.5% (mainly on heavy algos)
- If user uses non existing GPU id in gpu_conf, it will be ignored, no error will be thrown
- Fixed miner crash when using a non AES capable CPU on some algos
- Added Windows version and build in log
- Added video driver version in log
- Added info about CPU AES support in log
- Statistics now shows number of stale shares that were accepted by pool
- Added parameter 'min_rig_speed_duration' that can set period for 'min_rig_speed' parameter (minimum is 30 sec), default is 5 min

+ I finally bought a Vega 56 card, so in the next releases i will try to improve the performance for Vegas. For now a little speedup of about 1-1.5% is achieved, mainly on Heavy based algos (Heavy, Haven, Bittube, Italo)

+ If you use a non existant id in gpu_conf, it will now be ignored, only id's that exist in your system will be used

+ There was a bug in soft AES that caused miner crash on Stellite and Haven algos, this is now fixed

+ Added accepted stale shares number in statistics. It can't know the number of real accepted stale shares on pool side, but the logic is simple, if a new job is received, but the miner sends a result in the mean time that is for the previous job, and this share gets accepted by the pool, miner will treat this like an accepted stale share.

+ min_rig_speed_duration can set the time you want to check the average hashrate for 'min_rig_speed' parameter. Default is 5 min.

Looks like you included Imperdin's heavy optimizations for that small bump.  Did you include that GPL3 code in your miner?

It just looks like, but dont worry imperdin, as i already told you i dont need to use your crazy insane mega giga optimisations. I already got even more speed increase since we talked, so if you plan releasing another mega giga optimisation please dont do it before i release the next version of miner.

Have you tried delete the comma at the end of last paranthesis. That comma is seperating multiple pools but you have only one pool. Maybe that will work.

One other thing is your pool has an announcement about "2018-07-05 Pool is ready for hardfork at 150000, and accepts Sumo, Sumi, Subo, RYoL, RYoN, RYoS addresses".
Maybe your RYoL adress is not supported yet since blockchain did not reach the fork height.
Activity: 417

you not say- other coin work ?
other algo?
try loki -havy
try haven
try xmr

work or dont work
Mybe your RYO adres is  problem.
Activity: 23
Doctor, what about SRBMiner Cryptonight nVidia Dream GPU Miner? Wink