Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 283. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Tips:

) If you have the same cards, it doesn't mean that they all can handle the same intensity. Try setting every card separately in "gpu_conf". Experiment and find the best setting. Some cards even work better without the double_threads option turned on!

) I know you like to monitor your GPU while it is working, but if you close GPU-Z, you will get a better hashrate.

) If you get a "Error CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE when calling clEnqueueNDRangeKernel" error, increase virtual memory.

) If you get something like "Warning: threadx hashing speed is 0 (x)", that probably means you need to lower your intensity. Auto intensity is not magical always, sorry.

) Try making a custom config, start with low intensity and go up until you find one that does not crash :

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 10, "threads" : 2, "worksize" : 8},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "threads" : 2, "worksize" : 8},
   { "id" : 2, "intensity" : 30, "threads" : 1, "worksize" : 8},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 40, "threads" : 1, "worksize" : 8},
]

) If you are having the "quits after 3 minutes or pressing h" problem put --adldisable in start.bat :

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto RUNNING
%EXE% -c config.txt --adldisable
TIMEOUT /T 15 /NOBREAK

) For Hawaii cards best setting for 'normal' and 'normalv7' is intensity:0 and double_threads:true

) Possible Vega hashrate drop fix

) If you have Vega cards, go to your windows power saver settings, and set it to performance. After that set your monitor never go to sleep.
how to increase virtual memory of my rigs? Thanks.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
guys
how can i skip the config file and create command file?
having 5+ different coins mining  at different times is annoying to change the config again and again (even changing the config name for backup)

thank you
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi, thanks for API, its big PLUS.

Anyway, I am not able to set port. Everytime I try it gives me parse error in config. Anyone with functionad changed port? Thanks

{
"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true,
"api_enabled" : true,
"api_rig_name" : "test",
"api_port" : 19999
}

You can get the json from 127.0.0.1:19999 (open in browser to see it)
Experiencing strange issue with SRBminer. Everything working like charm for one or two days, and than all of a sudden, i get hashing speed zero - 0. There is no error or similar, just hashing speed is 0 but miner keeps working so on.

What im doing wrong? Is it bug in software? Can i make SRBminer to restart the PC after zero hashing speed occurs? Thx.

In win10 if you click in the console window, it pauses the app (claymore and other miners also). so until you press a key on keyboard its "stuck".
Also could be you were browsing, watching a movie etc etc. If none of the above, and it just a specific card, not  all of them, just lower intensity by 1-2 for that card.
Miner automatically restarts if a gpu's hashing speed is 0 for about 1.5 minutes. And yes, you can also restart pc if for some reason the auto restarter watchdog isnt working for you.
You have info on the first page for this.
Hi doktor83

is it possible to change intensity on the fly by pressing +/- like claymore dcri setting?

Thanks.

No
Hi Guys.

Can i undervolt wit miner bat like claymore for ex -cclock 1100 -cvddc 900 ?

@doktor83

No
Activity: 30
Hi, thanks for API, its big PLUS.

Anyway, I am not able to set port. Everytime I try it gives me parse error in config. Anyone with functionad changed port? Thanks
Activity: 3
Experiencing strange issue with SRBminer. Everything working like charm for one or two days, and than all of a sudden, i get hashing speed zero - 0. There is no error or similar, just hashing speed is 0 but miner keeps working so on.

What im doing wrong? Is it bug in software? Can i make SRBminer to restart the PC after zero hashing speed occurs? Thx.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
this is kinda a little strange situation here, but I was using your miner from the version 1.4.3
it's been working great, then I had upgraded to 1.4.6 and had some problem with pool getting messages of low diff share.. i returned to 1.4.3 - seems working good. now I decided to try your latest version and downloaded it. first I decide to try it on one rx580 card only.. but with the same settings the speed of 1.5.1 is slower then 1.4.3.. it is 970 h/s vs 1010 h/s  ( clocks are 1225 core / 1950 mem)
strange.. I was hoping for some performance boost..
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
anyone have a good config for for a poweplay modded vega FE ? I heard people can get 2400 h/s even on heavy with these

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 4, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 1}
]

this basic config crashes my miner with the latest driver that works fine on cast

problem with cast i have like 7-10% in compute faliures on top of the dropping hash over time

I tried worksize 8 and threads 1

still crashed.

If i comment out the gpu_conf

it runs at default settings intesity 126 1 thread worksize 8 but hashrate is under 1700

Im using SRB to mine heavy. Intensity 60 will give u around 1450.

Vega FE dis 2300, thanks to user Iam9001 that found a way to do it.
basically u need Adrenalin latest with 16G per card to page file and this tool here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

The only miner software used so far was xmr-stak and thats the reason i wont post here full config.
I dont know IF someone managed to make SRB do that...u may try that tool with SRB and report back here so everyone will know.
Right now there are few users with this hash.
You can find more info here:
https://miningguidescom.slack.com/messages/C8SM9SHGV/

can you give me an invitation on slack? tnx
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi doktor83

is it possible to change intensity on the fly by pressing +/- like claymore dcri setting?

Thanks.
Activity: 616
Merit: 259
Hi Guys.

Can i undervolt wit miner bat like claymore for ex -cclock 1100 -cvddc 900 ?

@doktor83
Activity: 202
Using smr-stak and SRB all cards looks to need half of the regular Intensity. Except RX580(70) that works fine with old(or not half) intensity level.
Other devs looks clueless.

Do you have any thoughts  about this algo? Vega looks lame with similar Intensity as RX580 when it used to be double.

This applies for 8gb cards. I have a 470 8g uses same intensity as 580 8g (54, this gives me the best results).
Using any miner that supports CN heavy you use half of the 'normal' intensity.

The point is Vega is 8Gb card.

UnclWish, yes. Same speed. But dont tell anyone  Wink
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Using smr-stak and SRB all cards looks to need half of the regular Intensity. Except RX580(70) that works fine with old(or not half) intensity level.

Do you have any thoughts  about this algo? Vega looks lame with similar Intensity as RX580 when it used to be double.

This applies for 8gb cards. I have a 470 8g uses same intensity as 580 8g (54, this gives me the best results).

I don't mined heavy algo yet... It's true that 580 8Gb gives on heavy algo speed more than in normalv7?

So i had to make my own script to restart the miner because it was still hanging with 10 vegas, i woke up and machine hanged. sometimes only miner hangs. I made a bat file that runs every 4 hours to kill the process, and re run it. Seems to be working fine up to now, 10 hours mining.

Script for those who want it.

@echo off

:: clears the screen
cls

:: Enter your process name below
taskkill /im SRBMiner-CN.exe /F

:: clears the screen again
cls

:: echos the following
echo The requested program and service has been restarted. Press any key to exit.

You can even do other crazy stuff in here...

In the name of Jesus, can u post your full hardware spec?
anyone have a good config for for a poweplay modded vega FE ? I heard people can get 2400 h/s even on heavy with these

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 4, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 1}
]

this basic config crashes my miner with the latest driver that works fine on cast

problem with cast i have like 7-10% in compute faliures on top of the dropping hash over time

I tried worksize 8 and threads 1

still crashed.

If i comment out the gpu_conf

it runs at default settings intesity 126 1 thread worksize 8 but hashrate is under 1700

Im using SRB to mine heavy. Intensity 60 will give u around 1450.

Vega FE dis 2300, thanks to user Iam9001 that found a way to do it.
basically u need Adrenalin latest with 16G per card to page file and this tool here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803

The only miner software used so far was xmr-stak and thats the reason i wont post here full config.
I dont know IF someone managed to make SRB do that...u may try that tool with SRB and report back here so everyone will know.
Right now there are few users with this hash.
You can find more info here:
https://miningguidescom.slack.com/messages/C8SM9SHGV/

Doctor,

Ive being observing results from users using the algo Heavy. Ive noticed some odd things.

Is it possible that a miner software reports higher hashrate, but the effective result at the pool tells otherwise?

it happens all the time, sometimes pool side shows less than miner, sometimes more than miner.
That's why you take a 48h average.
Downloaded SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-1 yesterday.
And accidentally downloaded it again today.
Files are different.

SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-1 package changed today?

yes, i re-uploaded it today cause i discovered that i forgot to set display name when using Alloy algo.
This is not a bugfix, or a new option, so i didn't want to call it ver 1.5.2, its not changing any of the functionalities in the miner.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
Is it possible that a miner software reports higher hashrate, but the effective result at the pool tells otherwise?
Jump to: