Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 34. (Read 237213 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
It doesn't really work for me.

Vega 56 with Samsung Memory, conservative power settings, cvddc and mvddc 900, cclock 1200, mclock 940.

Perfectly stable for days with 1.8.1, ~1800 H/s.

With tweak settings, HBB goes boom and starts hashing @ 1100 H/s.
Reduced memory clock to 900 and set voltage to 950 mv. Can go up to 3, just as fast as 940 Mhz memory with 1.8.1 and no tweak (obviously).

Tweak setting 4 gave imediate screen corruption.

Should I test it with default memory clock?

Even at profile 1 you should have a minimum 5% increase.
Clocks are ok, vddc is ok, so i don't really get it why you get lower hash.

Did you just use + - , or set the profile in the config file ?
If only + -, there's a bug i fixed, it will be released in a day.

No, I set the profile in config, and setup 1.8.4 from scratch.

Maybe because of Samsung memory? (Reported by GPU-Z)

Some Vegas are a bit finecky with memory overclock and disable HBM, starting to hash at much lower speeds. You have to reset the card to get it working again. I got it from too much memory overclock, and lowered it to 940 until it fully stabilize. No problems now, still haven't upgraded from 1.8.1 because it's really stable with my 480/580/Vega 56 rig.

Samsung is ok, you should use the --resetvega switch, which is mega recommended if you have Vegas.. It disables/enables the gpu before mining.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13

Vega 56 with Samsung Memory, conservative power settings, cvddc and mvddc 900, cclock 1200, mclock 940.

Reduced memory clock to 900 and set voltage to 950 mv. Can go up to 3, just as fast as 940 Mhz memory with 1.8.1 and no tweak (obviously).

No, I set the profile in config, and setup 1.8.4 from scratch.

Maybe because of Samsung memory? (Reported by GPU-Z)

Some Vegas are a bit finecky with memory overclock and disable HBM, starting to hash at much lower speeds. You have to reset the card to get it working again. I got it from too much memory overclock, and lowered it to 940 until it fully stabilize. No problems now, still haven't upgraded from 1.8.1 because it's really stable with my 480/580/Vega 56 rig.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Mining ETN at nanopool with RX580 8GB , intensity 60 on each card 890h/s! Is there anyway I can further tweak it or that's the maximum? Do you guys have some BIOS mods for RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition's with Micron memory for cryptonight algorithm? I am currently mining it with my ETH, which may be causing this not optimal speed.

you can use polaris bios editor, it has auto timing option, so you can mod your bios and then get some more h/s. i have some old cards rx 480 with 8gb, and they both does ~1000h/s on cnr and ~30mhs on eth, both with bios with moded timings by PBE.
Activity: 152
Merit: 30
Mining ETN at nanopool with RX580 8GB , intensity 60 on each card 890h/s! Is there anyway I can further tweak it or that's the maximum? Do you guys have some BIOS mods for RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition's with Micron memory for cryptonight algorithm? I am currently mining it with my ETH, which may be causing this not optimal speed.

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Nice work.
UPX algo nice increase.
haven't tried the other algo's yet.

UPX V64 9800hs  V56 9400hs
Activity: 22

On my two rigs the WinIO64.sys blocked usage of WinAMDTweak.exe by blocking the loading of EIO.dll. This persisted even after rebooting. The only way of deleting the file was by booting into safe mode and deleting the SRB 1.8.4 folder.

Winio gets started/loaded on demand when miner starts. When miner is closed Winio gets unloaded but it wont get disabled until windows restart. After restart it won't be active so you probably ran miner again after restart, that's why you could not delete it.

Tested again and you are correct. If I restart and do not start the miner it is possible to delete the file. Sorry for your trouble.
tweak work only on vegas?
4xx 5xx dont work?

Polaris cards can be modded and yours probably are, if you are mining.
If not, i recommend you SRBPolaris and pimp my straps feature. Smiley

That said, messing with an already tweaked bios is the right way to freeze/bsod/crash.
There would be sense in tweaking an unmodded gpu, but i believe there are not many of those in the mining world  Grin
New version seems to be a little bit faster , but i want to mine Wtips , wich algo should i use ? The coin need PICO algo ... i cant find it in setup guide . Thanks .

turtle
Activity: 150
New version seems to be a little bit faster , but i want to mine Wtips , wich algo should i use ? The coin need PICO algo ... i cant find it in setup guide . Thanks .

On my two rigs the WinIO64.sys blocked usage of WinAMDTweak.exe by blocking the loading of EIO.dll. This persisted even after rebooting. The only way of deleting the file was by booting into safe mode and deleting the SRB 1.8.4 folder.

Winio gets started/loaded on demand when miner starts. When miner is closed Winio gets unloaded but it wont get disabled until windows restart. After restart it won't be active so you probably ran miner again after restart, that's why you could not delete it.
Activity: 52
4xx 5xx dont work?

Tweak is for vega...,doesnt work on 4xx/5xx
Activity: 22
V1.8.4
- Performance increase for Vega56/64/Fe/Vii up to 15%!
- Minimum for 'main_pool_reconnect' is now 60 seconds instead of 180
- Added new cmd parameters: --disabletweaking, --cgputweakprofile
- Added new config parameter: tweak_profile
- Minor bug fixes

+ Yes, you read it right. Performance increase on ALL algos on Vega56/64/Fe/VII up to 15%!
A new parameter 'tweak_profile' was added, which if used can significantly boost your hashrate. There is section about this on the first page, but in short:

There are 5 (6) profiles, where :

0 - no change, uses your original settings
1 - light tweak
5 - max tweak

You should find separately for every gpu the profile it can handle, and set it in gpu_conf or cmdline.

VERY IMPORTANT :
1. Miner must run with administrator privileges [right click on SRBMiner-CN.exe->properties->compatibility-> check 'Run this program as an administrator' option-> click OK button
2. Don't apply any memory timings with ElioVP's tool before running miner
3. Don't start testing/tweaking with your highly optimised PPT and ODT settings - because it is probably optimised for a miner/algo combination.. Start with stock settings.
4. Be patient, it takes some time to find settings optimal for your gpu/rig

Tweaking is enabled by default, and can be used on supported devices.
If you want to disable it use the --disabletweaking parameter in start.bat

It can't get easier to use, just use + and - on your keyboard to move between the profiles.

Examples on how to use it can be found on the first page.

Special thanks goes to ElioVP for sharing the offset of the timings position.

Activity: 25
Anybody give me speed X-cash  (rx570,580x ) pleas .
My rx 570 4g run ~460 h/s with core 1100/1950 elpida timming
Activity: 288
4xx 5xx dont work?

Is there any way to see if tweak profile was set successfully from config?

I made this config.txt:
{
"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "tweak_profile": 5 },
   { "id" : 1, "tweak_profile": 5 }
]
}

But I don't see any differences in hashrates and when I press "+" it says it switches to profile 1, so it looks like it was using profile 0 in the beginning.

you should really check out the readme or the first page , there are examples on how to use gpu_conf

I read it and I took this piece of config above from there. Also tried this: "use the "tweak_profile" parameter on top of config so the same profile is used for all cards":

{
"tweak_profile": 5
}

Also no visible change in miner's behavior. That's why I decided to ask if there is any way to check if tweak profile is applied on miner start.

Well what you pasted there is not from any of my examples, sorry Smiley

You need to make a full config file, not just some partial stuff. And yes, there is a notification on miner start that it applied profile X to gpu bus id Y.

Here's a minimal config file that applies tweak profile 5 to every gpu and uses miner auto settings.

Code:
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true,
"tweak_profile" : 5
}
Activity: 28

I made this config.txt:
{
"gpu_conf" :
[
]
}

But I don't see any differences in hashrates and when I press "+" it says it switches to profile 1, so it looks like it was using profile 0 in the beginning.

you should really check out the readme or the first page , there are examples on how to use gpu_conf

I read it and I took this piece of config above from there. Also tried this: "use the "tweak_profile" parameter on top of config so the same profile is used for all cards":

{
"tweak_profile": 5
}

Also no visible change in miner's behavior. That's why I decided to ask if there is any way to check if tweak profile is applied on miner start.
Activity: 77
Merit: 6
I understand the memory tweak only applies to Vegas;

Will it be possible to apply the tweak to the rx series in the future? Thanks Smiley

There are 5 (6) profiles, where :

0 - no change, uses your original settings
1 - light tweak
5 - max tweak

You should find separately for every gpu the profile it can handle, and set it in gpu_conf or cmdline.

I made this config.txt:
{
"gpu_conf" :
[
]
}

Pages:
Jump to: