Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 35. (Read 237215 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Here are some numbers from my Vega56 with Hynix memory, just pushed mem up to 940mhs and P7 to 925mV.

Applied only "tweak_profile" : 5 to every config, nothing else changed in config.

Before tweak / After tweak ~ increase in percents

v4:  1854 / 2128 ~ 15%
haven: 1800 / 2000 ~ 11%
turtle: 15630 / 18440 ~ 18%
mox: 3845 / 4525 ~ 17%
fast2: 3604 / 4111 ~ 14%
conceal: 3726 / 4065 ~9%
litev7: 4386 / 4965 ~13%
xcash: 958 / 1106 ~15%
Activity: 28
Merit: 1

There are 5 (6) profiles, where :

0 - no change, uses your original settings
1 - light tweak
5 - max tweak

You should find separately for every gpu the profile it can handle, and set it in gpu_conf or cmdline.

Is there any way to see if tweak profile was set successfully from config?

I made this config.txt:
{
"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "tweak_profile": 5 },
   { "id" : 1, "tweak_profile": 5 }
]
}

But I don't see any differences in hashrates and when I press "+" it says it switches to profile 1, so it looks like it was using profile 0 in the beginning.
Activity: 98
Merit: 6
I have a mixed rig of two RX 580 8 GB, two Vega 56 flashed to 64 and a Radeon VII. I tried SRBMiner 1.8.4 with driver version 19.4.1 & 19.4.2.

The hashrate of Vega 56/Radeon VII is very low, ~900 H/s but RX 580s is hashing at the same 900+. Have tried with and without memory timings aswell as with and without tweaking settings. Something is very wrong with my setup as it seems? But with another miner it mines very well.

For the sake I tweaked all the cards for very high efficency and low clocks like 1150 MHz for Vega 56s and 1540 MHz for the Radeon VII if that's making any sense. Memory at 900 MHz for Radeon 56 and 1000 MHz for Radeon VII.
2 doctor83
I don't think it is good idea to mix miner and memory timings optimizer in such manner. User should understand what benefit he/she gets from miner optimization and what benefits from timings.

I thinks Elio's utility will help to understand what timings you apply when "tuning" ))

Nevertheless, thanks for hard work, I'm still using your miner for older cards. But for vegas teamred is the king now.

I think you are wrong, the user doesn't have to know how things work, the user just needs to get out as much as possible from his mining hardware.
The curious ones who want to learn how stuff works will learn.

Also 1% of people want to know how the various timing parameters work, the other 99% just wants everything prepared so they can copy paste. Sometimes even that is too much work for them.
And i am glad you shared what's your favorite miner, or who's da king with me, thank you Smiley
Does your miner return back stock timings when it exits? Sorry, no time to check it by myself on the rig

Yes it does, it returns the ones that were active before running SRBMiner.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 doctor83
I don't think it is good idea to mix miner and memory timings optimizer in such manner. User should understand what benefit he/she gets from miner optimization and what benefits from timings.

I thinks Elio's utility will help to understand what timings you apply when "tuning" ))

Nevertheless, thanks for hard work, I'm still using your miner for older cards. But for vegas teamred is the king now.

I think you are wrong, the user doesn't have to know how things work, the user just needs to get out as much as possible from his mining hardware.

Also 1% of people want to know how the various timing parameters work, the other 99% just wants everything prepared so they can copy paste. Sometimes even that is too much work for them.
And i am glad you shared what's your favorite miner, or who's da king with me, thank you Smiley
Does your miner return back stock timings when it exits? Sorry, no time to check it by myself on the rig
2 doctor83

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hi ,i run SRBminer ver 1.83 with X-cash ,and i got 460h/s with rx 570.rx580 .It correct ?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
2 doctor83

I think Elio's utility will help to understand what timings you apply when "tuning" ))

Activity: 413
Merit: 21
That tweaking, is it fixed per profile number (so it will be always the same depending on the number)? Or will it run some tweaks in the background to find a sweetspot?

For the same gpu it will be the same, yes. There is no auto tuning.

Alright, just wanted to be sure Smiley Thanks!
That tweaking, is it fixed per profile number (so it will be always the same depending on the number)? Or will it run some tweaks in the background to find a sweetspot?

For the same gpu it will be the same, yes. There is no auto tuning.
Activity: 230
Vega 56 running Conceal.
From 3850H/s to 4180H/s with V1.8.4 and memory tweak.
Activity: 413
Merit: 21
Activity: 230
V1.8.4
- Performance increase for Vega56/64/Fe/Vii up to 15%!
- Minimum for 'main_pool_reconnect' is now 60 seconds instead of 180
- Added new cmd parameters: --disabletweaking, --cgputweakprofile
- Added new config parameter: tweak_profile
- Minor bug fixes

+ Yes, you read it right. Performance increase on ALL algos on Vega56/64/Fe/VII up to 15%!
A new parameter 'tweak_profile' was added, which if used can significantly boost your hashrate. There is section about this on the first page, but in short:

1 - light tweak
5 - max tweak

You should find separately for every gpu the profile it can handle, and set it in gpu_conf or cmdline.

VERY IMPORTANT :
1. Miner must run with administrator privileges [right click on SRBMiner-CN.exe->properties->compatibility-> check 'Run this program as an administrator' option-> click OK button
2. Don't apply any memory timings with ElioVP's tool before running miner
3. Don't start testing/tweaking with your highly optimised PPT and ODT settings - because it is probably optimised for a miner/algo combination.. Start with stock settings.
4. Be patient, it takes some time to find settings optimal for your gpu/rig

Tweaking is enabled by default, and can be used on supported devices.
If you want to disable it use the --disabletweaking parameter in start.bat

It can't get easier to use, just use + and - on your keyboard to move between the profiles.

Examples on how to use it can be found on the first page.

Special thanks goes to ElioVP for sharing the offset of the timings position.

Legit!
V1.8.4
- Performance increase for Vega56/64/Fe/Vii up to 15%!
- Minimum for 'main_pool_reconnect' is now 60 seconds instead of 180
- Added new cmd parameters: --disabletweaking, --cgputweakprofile
- Added new config parameter: tweak_profile
- Minor bug fixes

+ Yes, you read it right. Performance increase on ALL algos on Vega56/64/Fe/VII up to 15%!
A new parameter 'tweak_profile' was added, which if used can significantly boost your hashrate. There is section about this on the first page, but in short:

1 - light tweak
5 - max tweak

VERY IMPORTANT :
1. Miner must run with administrator privileges [right click on SRBMiner-CN.exe->properties->compatibility-> check 'Run this program as an administrator' option-> click OK button
2. Don't apply any memory timings with ElioVP's tool before running miner
3. Don't start testing/tweaking with your highly optimised PPT and ODT settings - because it is probably optimised for a miner/algo combination.. Start with stock settings.
4. Be patient, it takes some time to find settings optimal for your gpu/rig

Tweaking is enabled by default, and can be used on supported devices.
If you want to disable it use the --disabletweaking parameter in start.bat

It can't get easier to use, just use + and - on your keyboard to move between the profiles.

Examples on how to use it can be found on the first page.

Special thanks goes to ElioVP for sharing the offset of the timings position.

Getting the same here:
Miner does 6500
"min_rig_speed" : 5000
"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 2, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},

]
Miner restarts on the avg 5min mark constantly.

Cn/r ? Weak cards? How many ? worksize 0 ? Smiley
Activity: 1
1) When the miner freezes, the system error window appears.

But the SRB-Miner process is still in computer memory.

The SRB-Restarter utility thinks that the miner is working. But the miner is frozen.

Not every crash can be catched, restarter works for restarting the miner when a crash occurs because of miner bug code (access violation etc.)

RX562, miner 1.8.2 - 1.8.3 - not OK
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true,
"retry_time" : 2,
"persistent_memory" : false,
"min_rig_speed" : 2100,  <<<<<<<<<==============   only works if set to 100. otherwise restart miner!!!!!!!
"min_rig_speed_duration" : 60,
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8}
]
}

Someone else also reported the 'min_rig_speed' parameter is broken and triggers much earlier than it is set. I am testing it, but so far so good.
On a rig that does 38khs turtle i set it to 36khs and it's not triggering - restarting miner.

Im using with minimal config :

Code:
{
"cryptonight_type" : "turtle",
"min_rig_speed" : 36000
}

Going to check it out in code, maybe when gpu_conf is set this parameter gets omitted, or idk.

Ok, so i think i know what is happening. Cn/R precompiles 10 kernels on miner startup. That takes some time * number of gpus in the system.
Your "min_rig_speed_duration" is 60, it is too low, because miner does not start hashing until it precompiled the kernels. So just set the "min_rig_speed_duration" to a higher number, try few minutes...

Getting the same here:
Miner does 6500
"min_rig_speed" : 5000
"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 2, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 0, "threads" : 2},

]
Miner restarts on the avg 5min mark constantly.
if someone has managed to get Tube2 version 1.7.1 to Rx 580 8 GB without fail it will be thankful to share settings.with adrenaline 18.6.1 I tried a lot of combinations but for now without success. "heavy_mode": 3,"Fragments": 9999 was the best I got on 7 cards - 8310 h/s on heavy,  but one of seven cards did not go away."intensity" : 58.   Doc, how do you benchmark the cards when running the program? It is interesting that with the same settings they give different crashes. Have one reached half or some percentage of their power and there are stuck?

Version 1.7.1 ? You should switch to the latest version, i can't help you with older versions.
1) When the miner freezes, the system error window appears.

But the SRB-Miner process is still in computer memory.

The SRB-Restarter utility thinks that the miner is working. But the miner is frozen.

Not every crash can be catched, restarter works for restarting the miner when a crash occurs because of miner bug code (access violation etc.)

RX562, miner 1.8.2 - 1.8.3 - not OK
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",
"retry_time" : 2,
"persistent_memory" : false,
"min_rig_speed" : 2100,  <<<<<<<<<==============   only works if set to 100. otherwise restart miner!!!!!!!
"min_rig_speed_duration" : 60,
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 26, "worksize" : 32, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 8}
]
}

Someone else also reported the 'min_rig_speed' parameter is broken and triggers much earlier than it is set. I am testing it, but so far so good.
On a rig that does 38khs turtle i set it to 36khs and it's not triggering - restarting miner.

Im using with minimal config :

Code:
{
"cryptonight_type" : "turtle",
"min_rig_speed" : 36000
}

Going to check it out in code, maybe when gpu_conf is set this parameter gets omitted, or idk.

Ok, so i think i know what is happening. Cn/R precompiles 10 kernels on miner startup. That takes some time * number of gpus in the system.
Your "min_rig_speed_duration" is 60, it is too low, because miner does not start hashing until it precompiled the kernels. So just set the "min_rig_speed_duration" to a higher number, try few minutes...
has anyone tried configuring haven+bloc in hashvaultpro?  could you share your configs please?

You don't need configs, you need pools file :

Code:
{
"pools" :
[
{"pool" : "pool.haven.hashvault.pro:80",
"wallet" : "HAVEN_WALLET:BLOC_WALLET",
"password" : "x"
}
]
}

WAtch the : sign between HAVEN and BLOC wallet.
Activity: 3
has anyone tried configuring haven+bloc in hashvaultpro?  could you share your configs please?
Pages:
Jump to: