Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 44. (Read 237247 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Can 1.8.2 handle more than 4 cards on a single rig? Windows 10. Have issues when i connect a 5th and 6th card. With 4 it does fine. Seems it can find the device/bus . Only finds 2 cards, shows the rest in red and not hashing, eventually DEAD, after i connect 5th card. Ok, didn't know if its another issue. I am aware that with W10 and cards more than 4 there is other things to consider. only having this problems with SBR 1.8.2
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hello doktor83
I found a minor bug with setting intensity on the turtle algo.  Auto settings are very good (thanks to you), and I get well over 8k hashrate with my rx480 8gb cards auto set at 104 intensity.  But I do want to tweak intensity a bit for each of my cards to get the last bit of hashrate and long-running stability.  However when I manually set intensity, even to the same 104 value picked by auto, hashrate drops to below 6k.  Here are my settings:

--ccryptonighttype turtle --cpool pool --cwallet wallet --cpassword workername --logfile srbmineTRTL.log --ckeepalive true --cnicehash false --showstales --gpureorder --cgpuid 0,1,2,3,4 --cgputhreads 2,2,2,2,2 --cgpuintensity 0,0,0,0,0 --minrigspeed 41000

When I change only intensity setting to --cgpuintensity 0,104,0,0,0 then that one card set manually has large hashrate drop.  I've tried all 5 of my cards with same results.  I discovered this on v1.8.1, and it still happens with latest v.1.8.2.  Didn't try it on previous versions.

I also mine haven algo, and manual intensity setting is working fine there and I can get max hashrate/stability dialed in.  Thanks for taking a look at this when you get a chance.

yep a bug, i can reproduce on 480 cards.
On vegas its ok.

Going to fix Smiley

edit:

looking at it, it's not a bug afterall.
Auto sets you everything : intensity, threads, worksize, fragments.
On manual you should set everything.

You did not set worksize, and it is using a default worksize of 16 which is not good for 480 cards.
Insert --cgpuworksize 8,8,8,8,8 and you should get the same results as on auto.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello doktor83
I found a minor bug with setting intensity on the turtle algo.  Auto settings are very good (thanks to you), and I get well over 8k hashrate with my rx480 8gb cards auto set at 104 intensity.  But I do want to tweak intensity a bit for each of my cards to get the last bit of hashrate and long-running stability.  However when I manually set intensity, even to the same 104 value picked by auto, hashrate drops to below 6k.  Here are my settings:

--ccryptonighttype turtle --cpool pool --cwallet wallet --cpassword workername --logfile srbmineTRTL.log --ckeepalive true --cnicehash false --showstales --gpureorder --cgpuid 0,1,2,3,4 --cgputhreads 2,2,2,2,2 --cgpuintensity 0,0,0,0,0 --minrigspeed 41000

When I change only intensity setting to --cgpuintensity 0,104,0,0,0 then that one card set manually has large hashrate drop.  I've tried all 5 of my cards with same results.  I discovered this on v1.8.1, and it still happens with latest v.1.8.2.  Didn't try it on previous versions.

I also mine haven algo, and manual intensity setting is working fine there and I can get max hashrate/stability dialed in.  Thanks for taking a look at this when you get a chance.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
I prefer using SRBminer over the one I;m using now because SRB gives me higher hashrate. But what I don't understand is why my IP address is banned in hashvault if I use SRB. Yet if I switch to another mining software, it is not banned.  

I don't understand this either. Which algo and how long it takes until it gets you banned? Maybe you have a long log for me ? Smiley

I get banned in just minutes of mining. So far I only used this SRB version to mine Cryptonight Conceal and Cryptonight R algos. But I found out today that when I restart the miner a couple of minutes later, it works out fine.
Activity: 2
V1.8.2
- Upx and litev7 algos on auto settings now have more hashrate or lower power consumption, or both
- Reworked networking code, so probably get rid of a bug or two
- Another try to fix V4 algo crashing
- Maxnosharesent parameter default value is now 45 minutes
- Fixed MarketCash , it was broken in 1.8.1

+ Got some speedup on litev7 and upx algos if you use auto setup, mainly on Vegas and weak Rx550 - 560 cards, also power consumption dropped.

+ Another try to fix/postpone the crash that is happening on V4 algos. I would suggest to create/compile the kernel on 18.6.1 driver, then move to Adrenaline 2019 driver (19.3.2 for example).
Some users reported none/less crashes on newer drivers.

+ Fully rewrote the networking code so now :
- You will get 'Block expired' errors from some pools
- Lot's of rejects on Webchain algo

To explain : Some pools like Nicehash or Nanopool, do not accept stale shares (shares sent after a new job was dispatched). In earlier versions of SRB miner did not send these shares to the pool when it detected that a new job arrived in the mean time. Now these are sent too. I made this decision because i saw some discussions where people say that SRB displays higher hashrates than they really are, or steals hashrate ( Smiley ). This way user can see all shares - accepted and rejected, and can have a clearer picture of his real speed.

Webchain is a similar story, it rejects stale shares. And oh, there are a lot of those, because it has a short blocktime so new jobs just bam bam bam keep coming.
That's why you have 30% lower hashrate poolside than in miner. Yes i know Loud miner does not have this 'problem' so please use it instead if you have better results.

new version is great
6xvega64 GPU@1447/memory@1100 (-+1300w)
drivers 18.5.1
hashrate ~12,4KH/s (2.5% rejected shares on nanopool)

looks rock solid after 12 hours of running (last version run hardly 4 hours)

great work doc!!!
Activity: 24
Guys, for monero algo what is the best intensity for 4gb cards (RX570/RX580) and should we use double or single tread in the 4gb?
And trying to do manualy the program simpyl closes itself, in ID we need to put the BUS number right?
Activity: 49
doc is perfect. thank you.
just use one loop in bat file.
I prefer using SRBminer over the one I;m using now because SRB gives me higher hashrate. But what I don't understand is why my IP address is banned in hashvault if I use SRB. Yet if I switch to another mining software, it is not banned.  

I don't understand this either. Which algo and how long it takes until it gets you banned? Maybe you have a long log for me ? Smiley
Hey doc, it's only nicehash and nanopool that are so Hard on rejects, the miner still will send the stales right?? Cause major pools like supportxmr still use the shares for last job unless a new block is found.

This does give better hashrate for the miner. I know most people say fake hashrate, but those who understand it appreciate it 😃😃

Only Nanopool had the 'stale protection', of course they were sent already Smiley
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
New Version tests:
Driver - 18.6.1
Card - Vege 64s reference models
All algos run on same PPT/ODT configs.
All algos run in default AUTO config, with no additional tweaks.
Kernal have been compiled afresh.

AlgorithmHRPowerHR/wattHRPowerHR/wattChange%
CN lite v74400177.524.7894500169.2526.5887.26%
CN UPX8572187.2545.7788763179.548.8196.643%
CN Mox416520520.3174167204.8520.3420.123%
CN Turtle1674020581.6591676020482.1570.610%

Massive efficiency improvements in the v7 based 1mb algorithms. Would be great if these advantage could be reached in v8 based 1mb(256kb) algos.
Thanks for the update doc.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Hey doc, it's only nicehash and nanopool that are so Hard on rejects, the miner still will send the stales right?? Cause major pools like supportxmr still use the shares for last job unless a new block is found.

This does give better hashrate for the miner. I know most people say fake hashrate, but those who understand it appreciate it 😃😃
Activity: 17
V1.8.2
- Upx and litev7 algos on auto settings now have more hashrate or lower power consumption, or both

+ Got some speedup on litev7 and upx algos if you use auto setup, mainly on Vegas and weak Rx550 - 560 cards, also power consumption dropped.

+ Another try to fix/postpone the crash that is happening on V4 algos. I would suggest to create/compile the kernel on 18.6.1 driver, then move to Adrenaline 2019 driver (19.3.2 for example).

To explain : Some pools like Nicehash or Nanopool, do not accept stale shares (shares sent after a new job was dispatched). In earlier versions of SRB miner did not send these shares to the pool when it detected that a new job arrived in the mean time. Now these are sent too. I made this decision because i saw some discussions where people say that SRB displays higher hashrates than they really are, or steals hashrate ( Smiley ). This way user can see all shares - accepted and rejected, and can have a clearer picture of his real speed.

Webchain is a similar story, it rejects stale shares. And oh, there are a lot of those, because it has a short blocktime so new jobs just bam bam bam keep coming.
That's why you have 30% lower hashrate poolside than in miner. Yes i know Loud miner does not have this 'problem' so please use it instead if you have better results.

Awesome!! Thank you. I can confirm MKT works perfectly on all my rigs.
V1.8.2

In the top post, it is suggested to use Driver 19.3.2 for Cryptonight V4. I'm running a Vega 56 on 1.8.1, but since I updated my drivers from 18.6.1 to 19.3.2, I get low difficulty shares that get rejected by the pool every now and then. Any suggestions on how to solve this? And is anyone else running 56s in a similar manner? Is CC 1400/950, MC 950/900 optimal? Thanks in advance!

The 19.3.2 are recommended if you have miner crashes, but if everything works OK for you on 18.6.1 then stay with it.
When will the new version w/ the fixes for MKT be released? You should have mentioned this in the current release, I would not have released an update of my software with your newest mining software. Please push out the fix soon.

I plan on releasing the new version today, i couldn't mention that MKT isn't working because i did not know until i saw your screenshot Smiley

LOL.... fair enough... please ping me when you have it up. I own and wrote www.profitbotpro.com ... I want to make sure I get your updated files out as quickly as you release them. All my rigs cannot currently mine MKT....I was eager to switch to the new version which stopped my rigs from crashing daily on the new algo's. They were running solid for many many months without reboots, previously. I leave your dev fee in there, btw... so you guys get some $$ from the people using my software.

Randy/smeads/bearlyhealz
When will the new version w/ the fixes for MKT be released? You should have mentioned this in the current release, I would not have released an update of my software with your newest mining software. Please push out the fix soon.

I plan on releasing the new version today, i couldn't mention that MKT isn't working because i did not know until i saw your screenshot Smiley
Hi....I have 8 rigs, this is the only one that will not run the newest version.

Any suggestions?

Here's the log:

https://i.ibb.co/WKg4tPm/Greenshot-2019-03-24-15-44-04.png

for marketcash use an earlier version, this bug will be fixed in the next version

Activity: 7
In the top post, it is suggested to use Driver 19.3.2 for Cryptonight V4. I'm running a Vega 56 on 1.8.1, but since I updated my drivers from 18.6.1 to 19.3.2, I get low difficulty shares that get rejected by the pool every now and then. Any suggestions on how to solve this? And is anyone else running 56s in a similar manner? Is CC 1400/950, MC 950/900 optimal? Thanks in advance!
Hi....I have 8 rigs, this is the only one that will not run the newest version.

Any suggestions?

Here's the log:

for marketcash use an earlier version, this bug will be fixed in the next version
Pages:
Jump to: