Pages:
Author

Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits - page 2. (Read 60461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
November 20, 2012, 07:54:17 PM
Well I hope he was buried by Pirate.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
November 20, 2012, 05:18:37 AM

Its not that Libertarian are stupid, I would not class the as that.   The problem is anyone who clings to any ideology with the kind of fervor we see on Bitcoin Talk.  They live in a world of absolutes when we are in a world of mostly grey.  Looking out for your own self-interest is fine but it should not be to a point where it is to the detriment of the community around you.   You do that enough and then it ceases to be pleasant place to live.   You directly may not be responsible to a homeless person, but the community is on a whole and in that you are part of the community.   

You are right. The main problem is that libertarians are closed-minded zealots. This is distinct from stupidity. However, libertarian stupidity also plays an important role.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
November 19, 2012, 01:16:27 PM
I wonder why you people still fall for investment bullshits when you know Bitcoin transactions are irreversable!

My personal opinion is that it is because Bitcoin attracts people with Libertarian political opinions. Libertarians are greedy by definition, and they are often of low intelligence too (although not always). Combine greedy and stupid people with an irreversible, anonymous currency and you have a scammers paradise.

Its not that Libertarian are stupid, I would not class the as that.   The problem is anyone who clings to any ideology with the kind of fervor we see on Bitcoin Talk.  They live in a world of absolutes when we are in a world of mostly grey.  Looking out for your own self-interest is fine but it should not be to a point where it is to the detriment of the community around you.   You do that enough and then it ceases to be pleasant place to live.   You directly may not be responsible to a homeless person, but the community is on a whole and in that you are part of the community.   
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 18, 2012, 03:39:40 AM
I wonder why you people still fall for investment bullshits when you know Bitcoin transactions are irreversable!

My personal opinion is that it is because Bitcoin attracts people with Libertarian political opinions. Libertarians are greedy by definition, and they are often of low intelligence too (although not always). Combine greedy and stupid people with an irreversible, anonymous currency and you have a scammers paradise.
Activity: 868
November 17, 2012, 09:22:18 PM

The same reason they fall for conventional scams.  Greed.  It doesn't help that there are plenty of people on here willing to argue that sustained high returns are somehow magically possible because...Bitcoin.  Nobody who wasn't a high risk borrower would be willing to pay insane interest to borrow in BTC when interest rates on conventional loans are low.  People wilfully overlook that reality time and time again. 

Even those investment offers which aren't outright scams from day one are going to have a ridiculously high default rate because many of those already high risk borrowers are going to use the funds they borrow to invest in high risk ventures.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
November 17, 2012, 11:12:31 AM
lol.... Can you guarantee that? ^
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 17, 2012, 10:43:57 AM
I'm starting to sympathize with scammers.

Excellent way to make some coin!

People on here seem to fall for the scams.   Embarrassed
donator
Activity: 1616
November 17, 2012, 08:55:40 AM
Can someone briefly explain why Patrick got a scammer tag, hopefully without the snide remarks? I'm guessing it's something other than this deposit scheme, or am I wrong?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/patrick-harnett-kraken-fund-124152
For a while now I had feared that Kraken going down would also take down BCB.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
November 16, 2012, 07:14:10 PM
Can someone briefly explain why Patrick got a scammer tag, hopefully without the snide remarks? I'm guessing it's something other than this deposit scheme, or am I wrong?

He basically gave himself a bailout.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 16, 2012, 05:30:38 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/patrick-harnett-kraken-fund-124152
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
November 16, 2012, 05:24:43 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
November 16, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
It's weird he paid back so much...in for a penny in for a pound!

Well I hope having scammer written underneath your online pseudonym on a forum you no longer participate in has taught you a valuable lesson not to steal thousands of dollars from strangers on the internet Patrick!!
legendary
November 16, 2012, 01:57:40 PM

I wonder how long my contrary viewpoint will last this time before someone erases it like the good little fascists they are.

Please, this is a libertarian forum.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
November 16, 2012, 01:35:24 PM
Whoa, Patrick has a scammer tag?  Why, who ever could have seen the fact that he was a scammer well before all of this?

I do wonder.

I wonder how long my contrary viewpoint will last this time before someone erases it like the good little fascists they are.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
November 16, 2012, 01:25:18 PM
The payments from hashking and patrick stopped at about the same time and they both disappeared... Whats the chances their the same guy and/or working together?
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
November 16, 2012, 04:40:06 AM
I didn't receive a payment this week or last week.  Did I miss an announcement about this, or is it an oversight?

Don't worry, Patrick rated himself AAA+ so he's sure to pay out.  What could possibly go wrong? 
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
November 14, 2012, 11:31:53 PM
I didn't receive a payment this week or last week.  Did I miss an announcement about this, or is it an oversight?
legendary
November 09, 2012, 01:50:53 AM
(and while starfish are often idiots, this one expects some sort of disruption to the economy when BS&T finally closes it's doors)

obvious - in hindsight -

FTFY. Apparently you have a selective memory.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 09, 2012, 01:05:52 AM
The above quotes were with reference to BS&T, but I don't expect people to bother to differentiate, and I also expect that you did have your moment of happiness when Pirate disappeared.
legendary
November 09, 2012, 01:01:26 AM
What has become obvious - in hindsight - is that the average level of honesty just isn't high enough.  That's without the scams, thefts, hacks and other crap that goes on.

The second layer of the pyramid defends the integrity of the first layer. Surprise, surprise. As fellow scammers you are quite concerned with protecting your bosses' rep. After all, keeping a steady stream of fish flowing in is how you make money. I see that some of you have reduced your cut over time. Not surprising, since you will need more and more inflows over time to support the pyramid. Can't wait till this blows up.

How much bitcoin is tied up with the scam, anyways? The blow up will negatively affect bitcoin prices if the scam is large scale and some of the fish have taken on bank debt in order to participate. Bitcoin debt crisis causes bitcoin price collapse. Fun times!

edited out some unnecessary stuff
The second layer of the pyramid defends the integrity of the first layer. Surprise, surprise.  Can't wait till this blows up.

I'm interested in your motivation - is it just to stir shit, you want to see those that can't afford to lose their bitcoin suffer, or do you want to gloat when it fails. Your posts do not appear to be genuine in warning (and has the impression of some religious crusade against evil).

(and while starfish are often idiots, this one expects some sort of disruption to the economy when BS&T finally closes it's doors)

In answer to your question, I wanted to help people get out while they still could. However, since most of you chose to ignore me. And now that my predictions have become
obvious - in hindsight -
I will have to settle for
gloat when it fails
Pages:
Jump to: