Pages:
Author

Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits - page 9. (Read 60500 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
October 03, 2012, 07:28:28 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.981017

Updated early as I will be offline tomorrow.  Weekly interest and other payments have been queued.  

Two fixes this week -
1: the interest calculation as pointed out by Dooglus for accounts in process of withdrawal is corrected.
2: the payments on 14Sept were not correctly picked up in the balances table (understated by approx 48BTC) - found by a different client.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
October 03, 2012, 07:27:04 PM
Holy crap, did you just see Micon ask a question that was like a non jerk would ask? Someone needs to block his account, it must have been hacked.

hahaha  I see others even translated it for me into how they think I really feel Smiley

1)  notice how he didn't respond.  The question is extremely serious too - certainly not a troll or for some other purpose - if Patrick is still crediting his "investors" with interest on a website, it insinuates that he will one day pay the BTC he owes to his account holders back in full.  I want to know what date he plans on completing this by.  I want to know for 2 reasons:

1)  to better manage the expectations of those with BTC tied up in this scam

and

2)  to bet against him paying it back in the timeframe he states

I'm trying to prove that this guy, Patrick, once so beloved by the mark community, has no intention to pay back.  The fact that he is adding interest to a number you see on a screen is yet another stall tactic, and because he didn't plan on having everyone paid back by the end of 2012, that interest is basically something he is promising you sometime after 2013 - I want to know a date, and if you have coins with this guy you should want a date too.  But it seems most are content to just make fun of me.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 29, 2012, 01:44:41 PM
Hello,

I was linked here by member Chang Hum who told me you may be able to help me with a 100 BTC loan...

I am willing to provide my name, address, phone number, email, HD color photo of my ID, HD color photo of my Social Security card and references along with video/photo proof that I am the person I am identifying myself to be (i.e. a picture or photo of me holding my identification with a name card proving my forum identity).

Additional details on my loan request are posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/loan-seeking-100-btc-loan-for-mining-rig-110905

Thank you for your time and consideration!!!

What's wrong with you

Well, when I read the sticky thread at the top of the board (the one labeled "How to Request a Loan" it says to be ready to give my SSN. When trying to borrow money?BTC it is important to be able to establish your identity...

And you really think it's a good idea to give your SSN to a grown man who loves Spongebob Squarepants and who is running an obvious scam?  Holy fuck, this forum breeds the biggest idiots. 
It does indeed  Kiss
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
September 29, 2012, 01:37:51 PM
Hello,

I was linked here by member Chang Hum who told me you may be able to help me with a 100 BTC loan...

I am willing to provide my name, address, phone number, email, HD color photo of my ID, HD color photo of my Social Security card and references along with video/photo proof that I am the person I am identifying myself to be (i.e. a picture or photo of me holding my identification with a name card proving my forum identity).

Additional details on my loan request are posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/loan-seeking-100-btc-loan-for-mining-rig-110905

What's wrong with you

Well, when I read the sticky thread at the top of the board (the one labeled "How to Request a Loan" it says to be ready to give my SSN. When trying to borrow money?BTC it is important to be able to establish your identity...

And you really think it's a good idea to give your SSN to a grown man who loves Spongebob Squarepants and who is running an obvious scam?  Holy fuck, this forum breeds the biggest idiots. 
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
September 29, 2012, 12:19:44 PM
Patrick - Since you are still crediting Starfish accounts with interest, does this mean you plan to pay back all investors, in full (principle + interest) ?

If so when do you estimate you will complete the process? 

Translation: "Patrick's still paying interest, that *really* irritates me. I know, I'll ask a innocent looking question so when he replies I can just retort with my same old stuff I've repeated over and over and over and over and over and over again. P.S. I hope it collapses soon. Won't affect me, but the temporary fun will fill a much needed void in my life."

Fucking lol.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
September 28, 2012, 10:58:14 PM
Patrick - Since you are still crediting Starfish accounts with interest, does this mean you plan to pay back all investors, in full (principle + interest) ?

Translation: "Patrick's still paying interest, that *really* irritates me. I know, I'll ask a innocent looking question so when he replies I can just retort with my same old stuff I've repeated over and over and over and over and over and over again. P.S. I hope it collapses soon. Won't affect me, but the temporary fun will fill a much needed void in my life."
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
September 28, 2012, 06:55:15 PM
Holy crap, did you just see Micon ask a question that was like a non jerk would ask? Someone needs to block his account, it must have been hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
September 28, 2012, 06:28:39 PM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
September 27, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Are you still paying interest on outstanding balances?  If so, how often?

He quite literally just answered this question:

I saw that answer, but I've not been getting interest.  Hence my question.
September 27, 2012, 07:30:37 PM
Currently processing payments (and waiting for some confirms) -both the scheduled interest and withdrawal requests.  I am also repaying several small accounts (less than 10 coins).  Balance table will updated shortly (done).

dooglus has a valid point that I will correct for next week - the accounts in the withdrawal pool were not accumulating interest (although I thought that point had been made), but given the greater length of time necessary to recover funds from people, that is unreasonable so I'll change it.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 27, 2012, 07:19:34 PM

He quite literally just answered this question:

I noticed that you're still paying interest to the accounts.

Perhaps you should consider lowering it to 0.5% weekly as opposed to 1%.

Currently 0.25% per week.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
September 27, 2012, 07:15:11 PM
Currently processing payments (and waiting for some confirms) -both the scheduled interest and withdrawal requests.  I am also repaying several small accounts (less than 10 coins).  Balance table will updated shortly (done).

September 27, 2012, 06:04:27 PM
September 25, 2012, 03:47:47 PM
Per month.

Fixed - the original post is buried somewhere in the preceding pages, and the clarification regarding monthly versus weekly didn't get updated in the OP.
Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
September 25, 2012, 11:19:51 AM
Per month.
Activity: 168
September 25, 2012, 04:49:34 AM

OP still says 1.0%.
September 24, 2012, 11:34:59 PM

Activity: 206
September 24, 2012, 11:33:32 PM

Activity: 294
September 24, 2012, 08:51:08 PM
Hello,

What's wrong with you

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
September 24, 2012, 04:34:38 PM
Hello,

What's wrong with you
Pages:
Jump to: