Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 35. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Since there are no motions and no dividends this has pretty much turned into a scam...

I havent posted in this thread for awhile, so I just wanted to go ahead and quote this for posterity and humor.

It was too good to pass up. I would love to add to the chaos, but watching this mayhem unfold has been entertaining enough.

Do the staunch believers realize yet why myself and others kept pushing for answers and accountability? I mean seriously...there isnt even a proper mining center for hardware that was/is 3 months late.

I take it kako's seizures from fervent laughter prevents him from boasting currently. Cmon I know you can't help yourself.

Actually, as I understand it, kakobrekla was banned by what we can only assume are conspirators of crime.

I gave up trying to convince people to beware of Garr255. He has done plenty to exclaim that on his own.

Edit: It's also a fucking joke to have Goat in here pointing fingers. He is a documented pumper of Garret's offerings. So much so that I'm inclined to believe COG might be in his sites again. Dump, FUD, Buy, Pump, Profit.

Just stay out of it people.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
BTW of my 20 or so units I got from CoinTerra they all worked.

OMG please Garrett stop mining for yourself.
If the units are not working, send them back now.

If you have debt, just get a student loan or get a job or anything.
There is no point of putting Cognitive down, it is only making the situation worse.

Activity: 213
Merit: 102
BTW of my 20 or so units I got from CoinTerra they all worked. None were over 1.65 TH/s and the lowest was 1.3 TH/S but not one of them failed to run.

I have some doubts as to where the missing hashing power went. Just like the missing dividends.

Also if these things really were broken, why sell on eBay?? Why not send to CT to get fixed?

Unless he wants to free up cash to but HashFast stuff....

If we end up with hash fast shit, shit will get bad... I'll make sure this operation ends.

How will you end the operation? It'll be difficult from a jail cell.  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Since when did HashFast come into the picture. We are not seriously going to buy from them are we? Why has their been no motions for shareholders to vote on what we should do?

That seems to be the plan...

Where did you hear that?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
So, to recap....a pair of 18 year old students ran a scam where they convinced us they could run 30TH of mining equipment out of their house...the equipment was late delivered and when it came they couldn't keep the breakers on for more than 10% of the equipment 10% of the time ensuring a huge loss in expected mining revenue....a friend from electrical shop class finally told them that the house didn't have enough power supply to run that many units as well as cool them.  

They ran around in circles trying to arrange a data center colo that by anyone with even meager planning skills would know should have been arranged months in advance...then decided it was all too much effort and unilaterally decide to sell all the equipment killing not only all chance of profit but guarantying the investors a loss. Add to that a unilateral decision now to add the money to the "reinvestment fund" regardless that many people just want it issued as a dividend now to recoup the massive losses they were hit with.

All along they were mining to undisclosed addresses, bouncing coins through several personal addresses, had almost zero transparency to the shareholders, and couldn't even seem to be able to put a simple spreadsheet together and ignoring the motions brought forth by it's shareholders. Yeah I'd say a scam intermingled with total incompetence that cost everyone who invested a lot of money.

Oh and I forgot to add they did this all on US soil and allowed/marketed the investment to US citizens...cue the SEC complaints in 5,4,3,2,1.

They didn't really try running a "datacenter" from their house like you claim did they?

Not sure if just incredible incompetence or an outright scam.
legendary
I suggest one more thing : ASIC scrypt mining.
That's probably a bad idea. Most of the scrypt coin people are ideologically opposed to the use of ASICs due to the inevitable centralisation required by such capital intensive machines. There is a very good chance that they'll hard fork to a different algorithm leaving scrypt ASIC owners holding useless machines.
Also, there's the whole pre-order thing. Nobody should be pre-ordering anything anymore. The manufacturers have bootstrapped themselves and are now capable of raising capital conventionally. There is no need for consumers to bankroll their product development anymore.

Ok but what about diversifying :

1/4 Bitcoin ASIC
1/4 Scrypt ASIC
1/4 GPU
1/4 CPU

Diversifying greatly reduce the risk.

Shitstorm lol.

That's probably a bad idea. Most of the scrypt coin people are ideologically opposed to the use of ASICs due to the inevitable centralisation required by such capital intensive machines. There is a very good chance that they'll hard fork to a different algorithm leaving scrypt ASIC owners holding useless machines.

Also, there's the whole pre-order thing. Nobody should be pre-ordering anything anymore. The manufacturers have bootstrapped themselves and are now capable of raising capital conventionally. There is no need for consumers to bankroll their product development anymore.
legendary

Shitstorm lol.

Activity: 213
Merit: 102
Since there are no motions and no dividends this has pretty much turned into a scam...

I havent posted in this thread for awhile, so I just wanted to go ahead and quote this for posterity and humor.

It was too good to pass up. I would love to add to the chaos, but watching this mayhem unfold has been entertaining enough.

yup, i wanted to have faith but im highly disappointed. so much for transparency...

ACTUALLY, Goat, you did give BTC to Pirate. How about you be a little more transparent to the investors you screwed over in the Tygrr.Bond fiasco.

Or maybe tell us about your Lamborghini??
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
So, to recap....a pair of 18 year old students ran a scam where they convinced us they could run 30TH of mining equipment out of their house...the equipment was late delivered and when it came they couldn't keep the breakers on for more than 10% of the equipment 10% of the time ensuring a huge loss in expected mining revenue....a friend from electrical shop class finally told them that the house didn't have enough power supply to run that many units as well as cool them. 

They ran around in circles trying to arrange a data center colo that by anyone with even meager planning skills would know should have been arranged months in advance...then decided it was all too much effort and unilaterally decide to sell all the equipment killing not only all chance of profit but guarantying the investors a loss. Add to that a unilateral decision now to add the money to the "reinvestment fund" regardless that many people just want it issued as a dividend now to recoup the massive losses they were hit with.

All along they were mining to undisclosed addresses, bouncing coins through several personal addresses, had almost zero transparency to the shareholders, and couldn't even seem to be able to put a simple spreadsheet together and ignoring the motions brought forth by it's shareholders. Yeah I'd say a scam intermingled with total incompetence that cost everyone who invested a lot of money.

Oh and I forgot to add they did this all on US soil and allowed/marketed the investment to US citizens...cue the SEC complaints in 5,4,3,2,1.

Overall a sad story so far ...
Activity: 588

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
... difficulty changes are already dropping, adding 20% to 33,720,959 GH/s every 14 days is becoming harder and harder.

This is true, but ASICMiner's gen3 worries me. They may give us a large difficulty spike in the very near future. I'm not too worried about the other manufacturers but Friedcat could be a problem. He's very good at what he does. The only mistake he made was underestimating how quickly the competition would catch up to him. That will likely be the last of the large difficulty increases though. I'm fairly certain that growth rates will drop off and become linear by mid-summer.

Again i would have to agree with you, FC does not do things by halfs or on the small scale, gen3 deployment is going to be big.
Their objective has always been to protect the network while turning a profit, after having several dealings with FC regarding distribution of hardware, i have to say i respect him a lot.

... difficulty changes are already dropping, adding 20% to 33,720,959 GH/s every 14 days is becoming harder and harder.

This is true, but ASICMiner's gen3 worries me. They may give us a large difficulty spike in the very near future. I'm not too worried about the other manufacturers but Friedcat could be a problem. He's very good at what he does. The only mistake he made was underestimating how quickly the competition would catch up to him. That will likely be the last of the large difficulty increases though. I'm fairly certain that growth rates will drop off and become linear by mid-summer.
legendary

I think selling this hardware is a mistake. If, by some miracle, we sell our current CoinTerra gear, what guarantees do we have that we'll have the rest of out CT hardware within three weeks. Will we have our new data center space with no hardware to put in it? For that matter, I'd also like to know the name of the data center we're moving to. I'd like to ask them why it took so long to get it sorted.

I happen to agree with this.

sadly we are not running the miners during their most profitable weeks though.

the future will not be based on the past though, difficulty changes are already dropping, adding 20% to 33,720,959 GH/s every 14 days is becoming harder and harder.
Since when did HashFast come into the picture. We are not seriously going to buy from them are we? Why has their been no motions for shareholders to vote on what we should do?

They didn't. Hashfast_CL just showed up to start stirring up shit and to try to sell their crap. No one is buying it. Goat just immediately freaked out at the mere presence of hashfast.

I'm with you on the motions. The problem is we'd need to weight the votes by shareholding. It's really something that should be integrated into Havelock.

I think selling this hardware is a mistake. If, by some miracle, we sell our current CoinTerra gear, what guarantees do we have that we'll have the rest of our CT hardware within three weeks? Will we have our new data center space with no hardware to put in it? For that matter, I'd also like to know the name of the data center we're moving to. I'd like to ask them why it took so long to get it sorted.

I would also like an answer to the 1% per day question. Are we looking at 33 TH/s or 40+?
legendary

Scamlast are not worth considering, ignore their trolling. Garr, don't you dare buy any of thier crap.

I don't think we are going to have much luck selling none functional miners........ i know what i would be doing if i bought a miner from you via ebay and it did not work well.......

My advice would b e do not deal with ebay or paypal
Activity: 588
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

Do the staunch believers realize yet why myself and others kept pushing for answers and accountability? I mean seriously...there isnt even a proper mining center for hardware that was/is 3 months late.

I take it kako's seizures from fervent laughter prevents him from boasting currently. Cmon I know you can't help yourself.
Activity: 40
Agreed, but Asicminer's hardware is overpriced.

How so? AM Gen3 at the chip level is supposed to be $0.5-$1/gh at 0.2w/gh

Compare that to hashlast evo boards which are about $3/gh at 1w/gh.

Anyways good luck selling hardware that is 3 times more expensive and 5 times less efficient than the competition.

Compared to the price we can get from HashFast, BitMain (makers of AntMiner), and CoinTerra, yes - it's overpriced.

Also, we will not purchase any hardware from HashFast unless it is either in stock or delivered first. No more pre-ordering.

The first CT unit is now on eBay:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131145403391

- Samuel
Pages:
Jump to: