Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 37. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Datacenter delays are causing these problems. Typically, real estate of this large-scale nature is prepared months if not a year in advance and we are doing this in weeks. Everything will be operational within the coming week, but until then we have to do our best with our current resources. I will post the miners on ebay for 10 days and cancel if the 7 day motion does not pass.

If the motion to sell the units does not pass, we will be in a top-class tier-3 datacenter piggybacking on a larger operation, getting the cheapest power in the nation.

Best,
Garrett

Honestly, as a shareholder who was hacked, and then re-acquired almost all of his original position, I wish you the best.  But I have to ask, what data center are you working with?  Are they new?

I talked to our data center and they could provision 2 - 5 cabinets, each with 4 30A 208v circuits, in 3 days if I paid about $1k per cab expedite fee.

And no, this isn't Bob's house of chicken waffles & data centers.  It's kind of the 3rd largest data center in the United States.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
In february we should have mined about 180 btc, instead we got 6 btc. (9.3 deposit was not by mining afaik).
Uptil today in march we should have mined about 60 btc, instead we got 6.5 btc.

On the other hand, we are very lucky that the Bitcoin difficulty remain stable (low increase).

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Datacenter delays are causing these problems. Typically, real estate of this large-scale nature is prepared months if not a year in advance and we are doing this in weeks. Everything will be operational within the coming week, but until then we have to do our best with our current resources. I will post the miners on ebay for 10 days and cancel if the 7 day motion does not pass.

If the motion to sell the units does not pass, we will be in a top-class tier-3 datacenter piggybacking on a larger operation, getting the cheapest power in the nation.

Best,
Garrett
Garrett delivers: 1/3 of mining capacity have been "operational" for at least 1 hour this week!
Garrett does not deliver: a motion & the miners on ebay.

The rest of the week we were mining at 15% of the promised hash rate.. again.
In february we should have mined about 180 btc, instead we got 6 btc. (9.3 deposit was not by mining afaik).
Uptil today in march we should have mined about 60 btc, instead we got 6.5 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Looks like a new worker has been added labeled TerraMiner2 which added about 700 gh/s.
legendary
Activity: 843
i want  to say f*k,why you two always say the machine is down, blablabla. you say we wll get 28th in jan,now is mid march .
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Hello everyone,

I apologize greatly for the late response. Garrett has been in San Francisco for the past few days, and I have been off the grid without internet.

We can make very little excuses for the low hash rate you have seen in the last few days. As before, the problem was a result of CT hardware that isn't working properly, combined with a lack of attention and quick response on our part. Garrett was focused on securing the new, cheap-power location. This is important, but of course so is keeping the hardware online. He should have been focused on both of these tasks. Garrett is very aware of his mistakes, and is committed to fixing all of this immediately.

In response to allegations that Garrett has been stealing from Cognitive: I can assure you that this is absolutely untrue. Mismanagement in some areas -  perhaps yes. But stealing or any sort of criminal activity, absolutely not. While my word may mean very little to you, I can tell you that I have access to the shop where all the hardware currently resides, have helped with the setup of this hardware, and that all of this hardware has been hashing for Cognitive, and no one else.

It is our promise that Garrett and I will work our hardest to fix all of this as soon as possible.

- Samuel

can we meet Samuel? pictures or it didn't happen Wink
legendary
Activity: 1554
Unless you have been intimately involved from the start, how can you know that with certainty?

At this point i would be very shocked if Sam and Garr are not just the same person...

where is the proof, the transparency?

And then you go full circle, back to Garr's auction shilling days.

Garr cant be honest with his own capabilities right now, and doesnt understand how far away he is from being the business man he would like to be. Any investment here, is an investment in a young individuals journey of mistakes and problems, that many here, have experienced many times over.

Best thing would be take this away from Garr. If only to save him this farce, following him for years to come.   IMO
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Unless you have been intimately involved from the start, how can you know that with certainty?

At this point i would be very shocked if Sam and Garr are not just the same person...

where is the proof, the transparency?

legendary
Activity: 1554
Hello everyone,

I apologize greatly for the late response. Garrett has been in San Francisco for the past few days, and I have been off the grid without internet.

We can make very little excuses for the low hash rate you have seen in the last few days. As before, the problem was a result of CT hardware that isn't working properly, combined with a lack of attention and quick response on our part. Garrett was focused on securing the new, cheap-power location. This is important, but of course so is keeping the hardware online. He should have been focused on both of these tasks. Garrett is very aware of his mistakes, and is committed to fixing all of this immediately.

In response to allegations that Garrett has been stealing from Cognitive: I can assure you that this is absolutely untrue. Mismanagement in some areas -  perhaps yes. But stealing or any sort of criminal activity, absolutely not. While my word may mean very little to you, I can tell you that I have access to the shop where all the hardware currently resides, have helped with the setup of this hardware, and that all of this hardware has been hashing for Cognitive, and no one else.

It is our promise that Garrett and I will work our hardest to fix all of this as soon as possible.

- Samuel
Activity: 148
guys, you are right

There was pretty enough shits from cognitive management. There was few guys who was willing to help with fixing this mess. Why do we hire Samuel? By whos will? Garrett is owing us a lot of divs, we need calculate this losts and bring Garrett to responsibility. This situation is unacceptable. By my opinion, we should organise shareholders irc meeting (or something like that), invite Garret and decide how to fix this, with or without him. Change of management should be first step.

Selling our hardware is not option, it's more like run out from troubles.

and few questions for management also:
Why the hell do we miss dividens for PT shares again?
When can we finaly see financial report for last 5 months? (I've still strong feeling that divs for PT shares are not fully paid, do you want let us forgot it by creating different mess?)

Stop with excuses, it's not working anymore. Our scrypt rigs are not hashing because of what? they are less profitable than asics? Are you serious?

Mining bussines is very close to mission critical and you know that. In extreme situations you can have one hour of drop-out, but this? With you actions we all are closed in cage...

all: sorry for my english, I'm not native speaker 
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF

Second option : Sell all the hardware while it worth something, share the profit and end this mining group that is not mining anyway.

+1

Enough of

[...] very little excuses [...] lack of attention and quick response [...] He should have been focused on both of these tasks [...] mistakes [...] Mismanagement

If you read this thread, you'll realise that those and other issues have come up time and time again. Hence, sell it all and be done with it. If you can't do something, it's better to admit to it and focus your energy and time on something more fruitful.
Activity: 186
Monero
Ok, it's all good guys, they said they weren't stealing... Roll Eyes

But seriously, talk is cheap. Us shareholders want -proof- that Garret and Samuel aren't converting company revenue into their own accounts. Just saying that you aren't is obnoxious.

I really want to believe that Garret is just piss-poor at managing this hardware, but a good part of me believes that is improbable.

These CT units are being hosted in a warehouse right? If heat is the issue, why on earth can't you go to Homedepot or Lowes and buy a decent BTU room AC unit for use on these machines. It is what, $300-400? This was already mentioned by OG Nasty(cool guy, I like his fund). $500 is like 5 hours of keeping this hardware functioning, in less than a day it has paid for itself, I don't care if after you guys move the hardware to the data center you return the AC unit.

I know you guys say the power is maxed at the warehouse, but it truly isn't if this hardware isn't even running. I'd rather see 6 miners and an AC unit than 1-2 miners

Why can't you down-clock the hardware? This should be easy enough, I'm sure CoinTerra would be able to assist you if you need it.

Yes, some of the units have faulty firmware, and have been shutting off when power cycles. Garrett is currently in negotiations with CoinTerra regarding this problem, so hopefully they will compensate Cognitive for this loss in hash power.

- Samuel
How about the firmware updates?

Was the user here Theterabyte able to help you with a powercycle script?

Why don't you write about all of these important issues if you truly aren't stealing from shareholders?

If you guys are having this many issues now, just wait till you have that colo space in SF, it will be pretty damn inconvenient for Garret to fly out there every time there is an issue.

-EDIT
I don't mean to be rude, but when it comes to handling hundreds of thousands of $ of other people's money, you should have been pretty damn prepared to handle these issues.
Activity: 40
Hello everyone,

- Samuel
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Second option : Sell all the hardware while it worth something, share the profit and end this mining group that is not mining anywa

+1

After this fiasco I just want out. Especially after seeing this mpoe-pr bitch account, here
Activity: 11
There are only 2 miners running for Cognitive, all the other devices are "switched off" ==> mining into his own pocket.
What is going on over there? You could at least provide daily updates until all the gear is working properly.

Garrett should allow some larger investors to come to the location and physically inspect the miners and see what is going on in person.
legendary

The problem is that everything is in the hands of one person.

First option : The mining gear should be confiscated from Garrett and shared through competent miners who could watch for the hardware, make it run and give updates. It is easier to run 1 or 2 unit than 20 units.

Second option : Sell all the hardware while it worth something, share the profit and end this mining group that is not mining anyway.

I'm for selling the hardware. I don't believe that Garrett can run multiple Cointerra at the same time and I don't think anyone want to help him.
Activity: 191
There are only 2 miners running for Cognitive, all the other devices are "switched off" ==> mining into his own pocket.
What is going on over there? You could at least provide daily updates until all the gear is working properly.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Pages:
Jump to: