Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 41. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
According to the spreadsheet, we currently have 18.5 TH/s of hardware "arrived", but looking at eligius, it looks like a lot of it isn't working reliably yet.

I think the goal this week has to be to get those things having reasonable uptime, whatever it takes, or to hold CT responsible for delivering working units.

Current diff is 3.815bil.  18.5 TH/s should make:

1.0/(3.815*1000*1000*1000*(2**32)/(18.5*1000*1000*1000*1000)/(60*60*24))*(25) => 2.439 BTC/day => 17.1BTC/week * 50% => 0.000628 BTC div

Our actual div was only 0.000087, about 14% of expectations.  Presumably due to hardware unreliability.

Depending on how fast we receive hardware, we should expect next weeks' div to be OVER 0.0006 and if we receive all of our hardware, it could be as high as:

1.0/(3.815*1000*1000*1000*(2**32)/(31.5*1000*1000*1000*1000)/(60*60*24))*(25)*7*0.5/13595 => 0.00107 BTC/share

TL;DR: projections for next week's divs are 0.0006 to 0.0012 depending on luck, hardware arrival, and hardware reliability.  If hardware continues to be this unreliable, however, we could see divs under 0.0006 and it'd be *very* bad for us.

EDIT: I misread the div by a factor of ten *facepalm* *fixed*
Activity: 110
According to the spreadsheet there is 10THs or so is there a problem with some of the equipment?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
If you haven't yet seen the new Cognitive Inventory spreadsheet, it can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgfcX1i_jmKIdDJiRnJTWHlQUWtweEVYOC1XeEN3cEE&output=html

Looks like a decent amount of shares listed.

I take it we don't really have Hashfast units?

Yes, unfortunately Cognitive does not own HashFast units. I apologize for this mix-up.

- Samuel
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
So our total div for the week was 1.183 or 2.366 if you count the 50% held for reinvestment? So far I have seen a average of 6ths hashing which would produce that by itself in about 2-3 days. What about scrypt hardware did that not produce anything this week? What about the nearly 1th we had before this equipment show up? Why is the div less than half of last week when there was less than 5000 shares added? Why are all of these things still problems every week? I invested in this company over a year ago when your communication was much better along with you following through with commitments and getting things done when you say you will. I would like to see cognitive return to that status.

In the meantime Garrett started intensive studies and is probably struggling in a relationship...

So our total div for the week was 1.183 or 2.366 if you count the 50% held for reinvestment? So far I have seen a average of 6ths hashing which would produce that by itself in about 2-3 days. What about scrypt hardware did that not produce anything this week? What about the nearly 1th we had before this equipment show up? Why is the div less than half of last week when there was less than 5000 shares added? Why are all of these things still problems every week? I invested in this company over a year ago when your communication was much better along with you following through with commitments and getting things done when you say you will. I would like to see cognitive return to that status.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What happened to kakobrekla??? Was Thermos involved?
Activity: 109
Looks like a decent amount of shares listed.

I take it we don't really have Hashfast units?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Why our hashrate on eligius is so unstable?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Please explain the low div...

The COG.F and COG.F2 contracts were converted to COG shares, and the bulk of the CT hardware has not shipped yet. When the hardware comes online we will see a large increase in our dividends.

Also, Sam and I are currently working on an inventory spreadsheet which will be released tonight.

Best,
Garrett
Please explain the low div...
Activity: 40
I propose you create a google doc spreadsheet like this:

Device - Description - Date in service - Power Usage - Hashrate Each - Number of units - total
TerraMiner IV - Cointerra's 28nm Miners - - - 2.0e12 - 12 - 2.4e13

Etc. for each batch of devices, and link it on the main webpage.  Leave blank things you don't know yet, the entire thing should take 20 minutes to do tops.  THis way we can see our "promised hashrate" too

Wait, we have hashfast units?  I don't remember that...

Me either, I'm so confused...I wonder what our total hashrate will be when everything arrives next week?

I proposed the inventory spreadsheet idea to Garrett some time ago....I have even shared a Dropbox folder with the COG guys containing an inventory template that is about 10% complete....

It shouldn't take more than an hour to complete this. The gains in transparency will be PRICELESS

I agree with everything that was just said here. Garrett and I are planning to meet tomorrow to go through inventory and type up a spreadsheet. As you said it should be very straightforward. We will also answer any questions that have been asked, and give an update on the hardware.

Stay tuned,

Samuel
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
128 seconds   8,382.67 Gh/s

Good morning Garr, we can see you're busy.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 213
Merit: 102
Good news:

After fixing some problems, 3 of the 5 TerraMiner units in Bozeman are hashing, and all 3 of the HashFast units are hashing also. You should see quite the spike in Cognitive hash rate.

Actually I was mistaken. 5 TerraMiner units and 3 HashFast units are hashing.

Wait, we have hashfast units?  I don't remember that... I mean, all units are in hand, but an inventory of hardware we have would be swell.  I thought I heard hashfast was a scam so units in hand is like, a pleasant surprise I guess?

Device - Description - Date in service - Power Usage - Hashrate Each - Number of units - total

Etc. for each batch of devices, and link it on the main webpage.  Leave blank things you don't know yet, the entire thing should take 20 minutes to do tops.  THis way we can see our "promised hashrate" too

I proposed the inventory spreadsheet idea to Garrett some time ago....I have even shared a Dropbox folder with the COG guys containing an inventory template that is about 10% complete....

It shouldn't take more than an hour to complete this. The gains in transparency will be PRICELESS

Activity: 109
Wait, we have hashfast units?  I don't remember that...

Me either, I'm so confused...I wonder what our total hashrate will be when everything arrives next week?
Activity: 118
Good news:

After fixing some problems, 3 of the 5 TerraMiner units in Bozeman are hashing, and all 3 of the HashFast units are hashing also. You should see quite the spike in Cognitive hash rate.

Actually I was mistaken. 5 TerraMiner units and 3 HashFast units are hashing.

Wait, we have hashfast units?  I don't remember that... I mean, all units are in hand, but an inventory of hardware we have would be swell.  I thought I heard hashfast was a scam so units in hand is like, a pleasant surprise I guess?

Etc. for each batch of devices, and link it on the main webpage.  Leave blank things you don't know yet, the entire thing should take 20 minutes to do tops.  THis way we can see our "promised hashrate" too
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
This is absolute insanity and mismanagement. Why would Garr send all the functioning units to WA to be set up next week?
If he would not have them set up until next week he should not have sent them to WA until monday *cough* after difficulty change *cough*

I'm guessing it is because these f'ing kids that run this "mining company" ran out of electrical supply in their Mom's basement.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
MtGox, which is rumored to be having problems of some sort
oh lol, talk about understatement

Thx for the good laugh.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Good news:

- Samuel

Suggestion:

It would be helpful to tag the miners in the Eligius Pool to be able to track the status of each miner worker.  By appending "_name_of_system" to the end of the 1cogxXyYU2EXEbdcV9j18PWenRU7gAjt1 address for the username, each miner can be tracked separately.  Could help troubleshooting which miner has an issue by checking Eligius stats as well.

Here is an example - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1LxYXZpBaGTV11qFAy8DP2rHneBNRmQZ4s
By tagging the username, it shows the "Toggle Display of Worker Details"
Activity: 20
Cognitive-PR, you may want to remove the two links in the footer of www.cognitivemining.com.  One is MtGox, which is rumored to be having problems of some sort, and the other is to bitbank.me, which appears to have expired and is now owned by a domain squatter.
Pages:
Jump to: