Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 93. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Actually it is hard, which is why most companies have entire accounting departments?
why isn't MPEx on the table?

Just kidding.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
personally i would prefer havelock over bitfunder. but certainly a legitimate decentralized exchange would be the best choice if one is available or trustworthy
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Hey all,

Fortunately, burnside is doing everything right with the BTC-TC closure and transition to a new exchange will be effortless. Right now, I'm on the prowl for an exchange as good as btc-tc, which is hard to come by. I'll be looking into havelock, bitfunder, and any suggestions from you guys.

Please go on to BTC-TC and submit your emergency withdrawal address. It would be beneficial for you to have the ability to sign messages using this address, but not 100% necessary.

Every 12 hours btc-tc emails asset managers a list of shareholders (by email address), number of shares owned, and now an associated bitcoin address.

Also, despite the exchange closing down, later today we will be finalizing a large purchase with CoinTerra. I'll post back as soon as that is done!

Cheers,
Garrett
Public withdrawal address is via Coinbase, so I am unable to sign any messages. Just want to make sure email is enough.
All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”

What information does Cognitive have about me? I wan't to make sure I still have my shares through the move and what addt'l steps, if any, I'd need to take.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
itkylin.com
Thank you for reminding us.
legendary
itkylin.com
Please no BitFunder Sad
Why no BitFunder?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
havelock has *much* better (lower) fees, but I see bitfunder's shareholdings are all public making the event of a seizure recoverable.  Does anyone advocating havelock have a link / info about their closure procedures?  I'd love to end up with the better fees but in the end, safety is paramount IMO.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
Scam wrapped in scam. YUMMY!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
more shocking that *ANY* cognitive shareholder is selling, since this has already gone through exchanges before
legendary
itkylin.com
Activity: 191
Activity: 843
the bids are pretty sparse, but I don't see a ton of people panic selling either.  Most people who held through these low share prices will hold through this, IMO.

Between havelock, bitfunder, others I don't know about, etc. I hope Garr will pick then one with the best shutdown strategy.  BTCT always went to great lengths to ensure if the worst happened, operators would be able to continue running their assets (and have no excuse to 'get lost'), which bolstered confidence in general.  Now that the worst is happening, when selecting a new home we should look for similar assurances (list of investors emails / BTC addresses / etc mailed out regularly, etc).

so the BF is the best choice
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
the bids are pretty sparse, but I don't see a ton of people panic selling either.  Most people who held through these low share prices will hold through this, IMO.

Between havelock, bitfunder, others I don't know about, etc. I hope Garr will pick then one with the best shutdown strategy.  BTCT always went to great lengths to ensure if the worst happened, operators would be able to continue running their assets (and have no excuse to 'get lost'), which bolstered confidence in general.  Now that the worst is happening, when selecting a new home we should look for similar assurances (list of investors emails / BTC addresses / etc mailed out regularly, etc).
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I'm at work right now with no access to my passwords.  I wish I could log on to BTC TC and get in some bids!!!!  Might be a few hours to pick up some cheap shares.
legendary
itkylin.com
Activity: 843
faint,how about our shares??i think move to BF is better
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Any idea on the next exchange we are moving to?
Havelock
Activity: 224
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BTC TRADING CORP WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.  The following is our current schedule:

Approximately a week ago, both sites were closed to any new users and new asset creation was disabled.

Effective immediately, in conjunction with this release, trading will be halted, all order books cleared, and trading re-enabled.

October 7, 2013, all forms of secondary market trading will be halted on both sites.

Approximately October 31, 2013, both sites will be taken offline.  It is strongly suggested that participants take the following steps to protect all of their virtual assets:

All participants should take steps to transfer all of your BTC and LTC (and any other data you wish to keep, such as CSV trade histories) held on the sites to your personal computer or another trusted site.

All participants should make sure that their public BTC or LTC address is properly set in the Account page on the Settings tab whereby it can be shared with all issuers.

All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”, and we ask that all “issuers” communicate with their “investors” as soon as possible as to how they will ensure that all are treated appropriately.

We regret this development. However, we want to do everything we can to minimize problems arising from this transition.  It is our goal to keep this shutdown orderly and calm.

Thank you for your participation, creativity, loyalty and sense of community over the past year.  Additional communications will follow as we work out the details.

Ethan Burnside
BTC Trading Corp.
Hey Garr,
Any idea on the next exchange we are moving to?
Pages:
Jump to: