Pages:
Author

Topic: State Atheism - page 13. (Read 6801 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
August 12, 2014, 07:19:11 AM
Again, simply calling it spurious does not make it so.  Maybe it is - maybe calling a government a theocracy is done spuriously also (as is often the case with the left on the main board).

But, the link in the OP for now carries more authority than you making some proclamation.    Read again the definition in the OP.

Which is not the same as having a secular government that happens to have a higher than average atheist population.
I have not "simply called it spurious" you fucking retarded asswipe, I have provided evidence that it is in fact spurious.

The evidence is clear:

1)  Most dictatorships with poor human rights records are not state sanctioned athiest governments.  Most throughout history are theistic monarchies....dictatorships with religion.
2)  Most nations with the highest number of athiests are peaceful places with the lowest crime and highest quality of life indices on the planet....see anywhere in Scandanavia.

I am not "saying so" you , I am presenting the factual data that makes it so.  Atheism does not lead to abuse....dictatorships lead to abuse. There is no evidence that athiesm leads to poor behavior. If you have any we are happy to look at it.....wait, let me guess, you will reference the OP. 

And around we go.........
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
August 09, 2014, 10:56:49 PM
You do have to believe in something, Im afraid.  Belief formulates your existence.  Believe you see something, you see it.  Believe in a thought, you have it.  Believe in a feeling, you feel it.  Believe in negativity, you manifest limitations.

You have freewill to believe in positivity, infinity and intelligence just as you have freewill to believe in negativity, fear and reaction.  Which ever you believe in, it's still a belief.

If you dont want to be bound to a religion, find spirituality.  Religion is the belief of other people's experiences and spirituality is having your own.  A wise man said that.
Activity: 47
Merit: 25
ggwp
August 09, 2014, 05:49:49 PM
Atheism is a religion. Why? The atheist doesn't know for a fact that there is not God. He has to believe it, just like the religious person has to believe that there is a God.

When you put the info of science all together, you can see that this universe is way too complicated to even think about coming together by something called random chance ("random" is something that scientists have to postulate all kinds of theories about just to imagine that it might exist). Somebody Who is an extremely complicated and powerful God must have made it.

Science has shown us - even though many scientists won't admit it - that there must be a God. The reason that the scientists don't express it out in the open is because of political science - a science where you keep saying something over and over until people start believing it. The politicians behind the scientists keep on spouting atheistic garbage, because it helps them to make money. Say that there is no God enough, and some people will start to believe it.

Look at the evidence around you for the truth.

Smiley

you have no clue what you are talking about. There is flaws in every idea you proposed. Atheist dont have to believe shit. Do you believe in Batman? If not, than that is your Religion, because you have to believe there is no Bruce wayne, right? You are Abatmanist.

God had to be more complicated than universe in first place. Everything around us contradicts concept of GOD. Literally. You have no clue about science and its methods. You just  blindly believe in fairytale, if you were born in IRAN you would be muslim. You are afraid to look in the eyes of truth, man.

our brains are not able to grasp concepts that regards period before existence of matter, or time or space. It is useless to made up stories to have answers for what we answers cant really have. It is stupid like primitive tribe believeng in mother nature and god of thunder.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 09, 2014, 04:45:38 PM
Atheism is a religion. Why? The atheist doesn't know for a fact that there is not God. He has to believe it, just like the religious person has to believe that there is a God.

When you put the info of science all together, you can see that this universe is way too complicated to even think about coming together by something called random chance ("random" is something that scientists have to postulate all kinds of theories about just to imagine that it might exist). Somebody Who is an extremely complicated and powerful God must have made it.

Science has shown us - even though many scientists won't admit it - that there must be a God. The reason that the scientists don't express it out in the open is because of political science - a science where you keep saying something over and over until people start believing it. The politicians behind the scientists keep on spouting atheistic garbage, because it helps them to make money. Say that there is no God enough, and some people will start to believe it.

Look at the evidence around you for the truth.

Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 08, 2014, 02:21:56 PM
 Again, simply calling it spurious does not make it so.  Maybe it is - maybe calling a government a theocracy is done spuriously also (as is often the case with the left on the main board).

But, the link in the OP for now carries more authority than you making some proclamation.    Read again the definition in the OP.

Which is not the same as having a secular government that happens to have a higher than average atheist population.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
August 08, 2014, 02:14:27 PM
If god is love (all, positivity, infinity, consciousness), and you don't believe in god, what do you believe in?
August 08, 2014, 02:11:32 PM
Dictatorships have a bad track record, not atheism.  That there are only several among the many bad dictatorships that are atheist, clearly the reason dictatorships are bad is not because of the atheism.  The atheism is a sidebar to the dictator who only wants people to worship him.  The people still believe in their religion just as much as other places......except scandanavia where few people believe in god and they have wonderful quality of life.  So atheism is unrelated to the "track record" of human abuses or the quality of life in a nation.
August 08, 2014, 02:07:02 PM
Interesting revelation that begets some questions - but, putting that aside, in all seriousness, I would like to see you posting more on the main board.
Activity: 448
August 08, 2014, 02:04:56 PM
State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government

There are no countries that activlty/OFFICIALLY promote atheism in leiu of any recognized religion.

The USA allows people to practice atheism. Is that an example of, "state atheism"?
August 08, 2014, 02:03:00 PM
Do you have a point to make about atheism? Youre 40 posts into this thing and you have yet to allude to your point.
Do keep in mind that Wiki (for whatever flaws) has a better track record than you.

Now, if you would like to provide a link, and an excerpt from that link, that supports your position, please do so.  In fact, I am sure it is doable - but, given your track record, we need more than you simply objecting to the article.

Or (heaven forbid) - you actually read the article linked to in the OP.
Do you have a point to make about atheism? You're 45 posts into this thing and no closer to alluding to any salient point. What is it that you believe you are getting at?
August 08, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
Do you have a point to make about atheism? Youre 40 posts into this thing and you have yet to allude to your point.
Do keep in mind that Wiki (for whatever flaws) has a better track record than you.

Now, if you would like to provide a link, and an excerpt from that link, that supports your position, please do so.  In fact, I am sure it is doable - but, given your track record, we need more than you simply objecting to the article.

Or (heaven forbid) - you actually read the article linked to in the OP.
August 08, 2014, 01:57:49 PM
August 08, 2014, 01:52:16 PM
I realize this is a sensitive area for you two, but do try reading the article itself, and to address the points there, rather than just assume as you both are doing.
Activity: 350
August 08, 2014, 01:42:23 PM
zolace is on a "mission" to somehow convince others that people who are not brainwashed supistitious belivers in his version of a "creator", are bad people.
August 08, 2014, 01:34:52 PM
Well, all that seems a bit weak, but, regardless, did not address at all this question (that I asked to address something you had posted earlier):

the article linked in the OP differentiates between atheistic and secular states, correct?

That's it...all that seems a bit weak?  That's all you've got?

North Korea didn't become North Korea because they decided to be atheists.  North Korea (the dictatorship) decided that they should worship the dictator more than god.  So the state atheism has no bearing on who they are as a country, its part of the symptom of who they are under a dictator not the cause.  Spurious relationship.  Not weak.  painfully obvious to most idiots but yourself.  Its even more obvious when you consider other data such as nations that are made up of atheist people (hard data exists....not weak) are generally happy and have a higher quality of life than even us. You can lamely call it weak without any rationale, or you can do some research on the rate of belief in god in scandanavia and their quality of life.  Clearly, state atheism isn't what causes a north Korean situation....it is a result.  A god-like dictator existed first....then religion had to go because it was in conflict with dictator-worship.  Atheism itself has nothing to do with Korea's status.
That's nice.  Of course, does not answer or address this simple question:the article linked in the OP differentiates between atheistic and secular states, correct?
zolace......why do you keep asking that question?  I assume you think it has relevance, but all it tells me is that you completely missed the point.  Do you think that by defining "state atheism" this means it cannot be a spurious relationship with poor behavior as I have described    You can define state atheism all you want.  In fact the definition in the OP is accurate.  A state that promotes atheism.  So the fuck what?  I know where you think you are going.  When you have atheism then you have bad stuff.  That is total bullshit.  I have proven that to you.   It is not because all the people don't believe in god, its because the dictator doesn't want them to worship anyone but himself.  Hence, it is not a state full of atheists that results in poor behaviors, it is the dictator. I have also shown that the regions on earth with the lowest belief in god have the highest quality of life, proving the spurious relationship N. Korea.

Google "spurious" zolace.

Actually,you have proved nothing.  The states noted in the OP link were atheistic states.

Now, do you have a link describing the nations you refer to as atheistic?  Not secular, but atheistic?  Having alot of atheists in a secular state is not the same as having an atheistic state.

Having alot of atheists in a secular state is not the same as having an atheistic state.  This is true because an atheist state has nothing to do with atheism.  Having a lot of atheists in a secular state speaks to the allegation that atheism leads to badness as is no doubt your point.  In these nations full of atheists hey must have no morals, high crime, etc etc.  Right ??   Isn't that your point here?  People that promote atheism are bad???

Your logic is flawed from the onset.  I have been trying to tell you this and yet you persist in trying to make a point that does not exist.
August 08, 2014, 01:30:35 PM
You do realize that you descend to this type of behavior when you cannot defend your position.  That is your MO.

Would you like me to assist you?  Take up both sides of the Argument here?
August 08, 2014, 01:26:18 PM
Odd request, given the link in the OP.  Feel free to read it.
The OP link is the issue.

If I wanted to debate the person who posted the wiki link, I have no problem with it.

The more local problem is with the idiot who posted the wiki link in this forum.

You post the words/beliefs of others and somehow believe YOU are intellectually sound.

You are not capable of original though. You are a brainwashed fool who believes repeating the beliefs of other people somehow makes you likable.

Can you honestly say that you are any different from someone living in North Korea who MUST ON PAIN OF DEATH, declare Kim Jong Un is "God"?

You spend a lot of bandwidth posting the words of other people,  but are you actually capable of HEARING what you are saying?

Wow - that was quite a dishonest response. Try that on the main board, and see how far you get with that.
August 08, 2014, 01:21:51 PM
The OP link is the issue.

If I wanted to debate the person who posted the wiki link, I have no problem with it.

The more local problem is with the idiot who posted the wiki link in this forum.

You post the words/beliefs of others and somehow believe YOU are intellectually sound.

You are not capable of original though. You are a brainwashed fool who believes repeating the beliefs of other people somehow makes you likable.

Can you honestly say that you are any different from someone living in North Korea who MUST ON PAIN OF DEATH, declare Kim Jong Un is "God"?

You spend a lot of bandwidth posting the words of other people,  but are you actually capable of HEARING what you are saying?
August 08, 2014, 01:18:01 PM
August 08, 2014, 01:15:49 PM
zolace has yet again fallen under his own sword.....

zolace has confused "Anti-Religion" as "atheism"..

zolace doesn't know his ass from his elbow about "religion"; ergo, zolace wouldn't know his right nut from his left about "Atheism".

Float zolace in a deep pond with a rock zolace would not let go of the rock that is dragging him down.
Pages:
Jump to: