Pages:
Author

Topic: ███ Stay away from GAWminers.com / Paycoin / Paybase - Mineral - SCAM ! ███ - page 7. (Read 38201 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Beware there is no more floor. Now you get banned for mentioning the $20.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
people (mainstream media) will blame bitcoin for this disaster. maybe we get more laws because of this. sad but thats the way we go.  Embarrassed

its like the last days of mtgox. alot of people sent money to that service and give a shit about warning-signs all over the place  Roll Eyes
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?

I think that Reuters or Bloomberg would have been happy to pick up a story relating to Target and Amazon. Whilst I don't religiously look for bitcoin stories in these two sources, bitcoin articles generally have a fair amount of airtime as headlines on their home pages and I've never heard of any substantial deals being made in relation to any bitcoin companies, least of all GAWminers. Searching for 'gawminers' on bloomberg.com and reuters.com produces no results - seems obvious to think that if there was any truth in the story that these major retailers were involved these two main global business news sites would report on it. Indeed, if it was in any way material, both companies would have an obligation to release the information to their investors via the NYSE and from there it might get media air time... but no airtime, so nothing to see here it seems.

In general terms, the company and CEO have made some claims that smell like bullshit and if it smells like bullshit, it usually is bullshit. At the very least it is meaningless self-aggrandizement, at worst it's an attempt to misrepresent and defraud, either way, it's not the style of company that I'd be interested in doing business with.

As I've said before, I don't have any first-hand dealings with or knowledge of this company, but having seen and been caught by a couple of scams and suspicious 'business failures' ranging from BFL, TradeFortress, Bitfunder and MtGox, until this company offers substantial, verifiable and legitimate proof that it's not another ponzi or 'accident waiting to happen', then I'll be staying well away from it.

Too many people have lost too much money to take seriously any company which bullshits about deals with major retailers.

Why does this thread exist? - you can probably call it a 'bullshit detector'.

What came first, the bullshit or the thread? - obviously the bullshit came first or the thread would have nothing substantial to report.

There's other ways to get involved in bitcoin, do not throw your money away on schemes that promise the Earth and deliver nothing. You can also ignore crappy one liner rebuttals from sycophants, trolls or gawpuppets hawking their wares, their comments are so weak they don't even present any evidence in support, so they are easily seen through as insubstantial, substandard and generally reflect badly on the retardation level of their authors.

Do your research, read every opinion and piece of information you can find, make up your own mind, but look before you leap, you'll be very glad you did.

Roll Eyes

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Activity: 658
So it appears as if GAW couldn't end up securing any real merchant partnerships they boasted as having. So they ended up buying Zincsave in a last ditch attempt to make it appear that you can spend XPY at major merchants when all they are doing is exchnaging the XPY for BTC or Fiat behind the scenes.

Here are the problems with ZincSave Paysave

https://www.paybase.com/faq.html#where-will-my-order-come-from

Where will my order come from?

We fulfill your order from the lowest cost vendor or retailer. This means that if you place an order using the PaySave button on Macy's, it may come in a box from Walmart, or vice versa.

What retailers are supported?

PaySave currently supports Walmart, Macy's, and Target. We'll be supporting more retailers very soon! Homepage mentions amazon but FAQ omits.

The way is works:

http://lifehacker.com/zinc-skips-the-coupon-clipping-and-automatically-applie-1532877581
They joined that retailer's affiliate program and give you portion of their referral commission. All four of the retailers mentioned have an affiliate program with their online store.

Which means it's NOT a real coupon. It's commission split. This also means if you used any referral links, like you clicked through someone else's referral link, this will likely "steal" that referral and substitute their own.

What clients don't like about it:

1) Shipping may take longer
2) The ordered items don't appear on the clients history
3) Returns and cancellations have to be handled through zincsave and not directly through amazon
4) Products may come from another company entirely (This is the part you need to pay attention to as paysave will scalp sales from merchants)

What amazon TOS says about it:

We've received an official response from Amazon regarding the Chrome extension and intend on publishing it in the near future once all of the facts are gathered in the matter but I'm going to take the highlights of the response and share them here in the meantime.

"Amazon does not allow nor condone the use of any piece of software that violates our terms of service specifically the following sections:

[...] will not intercept, record, redirect, read, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other material submitted to us by any person or entity.

[...] will not request, collect, obtain, store, cache, or otherwise use any account information used by our customers in connection with any Amazon Site [...]

[...] will not modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other feature of the Amazon Site.

[...] will not make any orders or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any other person or entity, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so.

[...] will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.

Any piece of software, extension or other system which implies a partnership or intercepts customers or customer information is in direct violation of our terms and Amazon will act accordingly."

These are just some highlights. As we continue securing facts and information our team will work to publish a full piece.

Meanwhile you can already save 15-20% on amazon with purse.io or 3% from amazon and any other merchant with Gyft in Bitcoin and not have to deal with paysave problems.

Well, all right then, I have to say I enjoyed our discussion mate.
OK true, we argued about GAW and ponzi / not ponzi; but we discussed more interesting and generic subjects like inflation, innovation etc.
It was a good one. And thanks for the links, I'm off to read now.

See you around.

Good luck on your research, ciao .

Something I have to mention here: Until getting into this GAW discussion, "Fud" was a term used to describe the female genitalia in my vocabulary. It is the British/Scottish/Irish equivalent for "C*NT". For a while I was wondering why everybody was was yelling "C#NT" this and "C^NT" that all the time. I actually had to look up FUD as used in internet forums. Hilarious.  Cheesy

I love Fud! LMFAO!!

That is really funny...
Activity: 406
Merit: 260
The Scamcoats are coming!
Something I have to mention here: Until getting into this GAW discussion, "Fud" was a term used to describe the female genitalia in my vocabulary. It is the British/Scottish/Irish equivalent for "C*NT". For a while I was wondering why everybody was was yelling "C#NT" this and "C^NT" that all the time. I actually had to look up FUD as used in internet forums. Hilarious.  Cheesy

I love Fud! LMFAO!!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Is this all? No more fud and throwing shit at me?

(edit: or maybe some more proper discussion? - about anything)

I don't care for FUD, trolls, or personal attacks. If you have something constructive to add than please do so , otherwise look elsewhere.

Well, all right then, I have to say I enjoyed our discussion mate.
OK true, we argued about GAW and ponzi / not ponzi; but we discussed more interesting and generic subjects like inflation, innovation etc.
It was a good one. And thanks for the links, I'm off to read now.

See you around.

I don't care for FUD, trolls, or personal attacks. If you have something constructive to add than please do so , otherwise look elsewhere.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
What, it's like Homero Joshua ? Smiley lol, nice.

Homero Joshua Garza

Regardless, it doesn't really matter except when the legal suits start occurring.

Yeah, fair enough, you don't really choose your name. (except when you do)
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum

Homero Joshua Garza

Regardless, it doesn't really matter except when the legal suits start occurring.
Always the same illiterate foreigners defending Homero

Who the f*ck is Homero by the way?

Josh's other , or real name.

Isn't Josh also his real name?

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
Always the same illiterate foreigners defending Homero

Who the f*ck is Homero by the way?

Josh's other , or real name.

Isn't Josh also his real name?
Pages:
Jump to: