Pages:
Author

Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed - page 67. (Read 107058 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 28, 2016, 09:07:14 PM
You guys don't know or just don't want to answer? I am new here so not sure if my post are even visible?
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
July 28, 2016, 09:04:31 PM
They are releasing the code to their webwallet so anybody can build a site that secures $teem

...to do a fairer distribution.

A "fairer distribution" doesn't mean zero funds for development and user adoption? won't this hurt any project long term? How many people will start forking, looking only for short term profits and abandoning their clones afterwards?

scamSteemClone1 is silver to the STEEM's gold!
scamSteemClone2 is copper to the STEEM's gold!
scamSteemClone3......

Doesn't STEEM have an advantage because of the supposed "unfair distribution"?

By fairer distribution, I didn't have in mind no tokens whatsoever for the developers nor did I have in mind no whales.

I think I had mentioned something like 5 - 10% for the development, and an open competition for the rest.

If I get involved and have significant stake, this is the last project of my career. So I will be with it to the end of my coding days, unless it just totally flops. It is my last chance to do something big. I am not going to just walk away. I'll make sure my stake is locked up for the long-term and no rewards nor ranking voting power.

I've been waiting for my career move.
July 28, 2016, 09:01:45 PM
They are releasing the code to their webwallet so anybody can build a site that secures $teem

Yeah but nobody can fork the blockchain Steem to do a fairer distribution and other innovations on the core protocols and economic structure (at least not without permission from Steemit Inc.).

Even so, you could build your own blockchain and then use the open source web site as a basis for a web client. I don't know if the web code is any good but in theory that could save a lot of work and time.

Of course I am going to be looking at it, not because I can't write that sort of code myself from scratch, but just to see what they chose and maybe pull some from it.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2016, 09:01:30 PM

...to do a fairer distribution.

A "fairer distribution" doesn't mean zero funds for development and user adoption? won't this hurt any project long term? How many people will start forking, looking only for short term profits and abandoning their clones afterwards?

scamSteemClone1 is silver to the STEEM's gold!
scamSteemClone2 is copper to the STEEM's gold!
scamSteemClone3......

Doesn't STEEM have an advantage because of the supposed "unfair distribution"?

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
July 28, 2016, 08:54:35 PM

Yeah but nobody can fork the blockchain Steem to do a fairer distribution and other innovations on the core protocols and economic structure (at least not without permission from Steemit Inc.).

Even so, you could build your own blockchain and then use the open source web site as a basis for a web client. I don't know if the web code is any good but in theory that could save a lot of work and time.
July 28, 2016, 08:54:10 PM
Also if you guys can point me to the section in the whitepaper where they talk about VEST. Imay have overlooked it but couldn't find any info on vest thanks
July 28, 2016, 08:53:02 PM
They are encouraging developers to make a better steem page and win $40k like the guy who wrote the desktop client, or the guy who wrote the Android app.  This is to give their developers the best tools to make the best STEEM products.  It's marketing.

I don't disagree. They earn nothing on Steemit and it is an expense, so better for them if others will do it for them.
July 28, 2016, 08:44:30 PM

July 28, 2016, 08:40:16 PM
What happens to number of vest when the stock split occurs? I am trying to understand how are " shares" not going to be diluted by the inflation
July 28, 2016, 08:22:04 PM

And what is to prevent someone from downloading the source code, taking what they like, change the name of all the functions and modify as they please?

That sort of obfuscation is easily detected (e.g. John Conner allegedly did similar taking some Bitcoin code without attribution for Vcash/Vanillacoin but Gregory Maxwell doxxed them). And Steemit Inc. could in theory bring legal action. Nobody is going to build a serious project by stealing code against the policy of the license.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
July 28, 2016, 08:18:41 PM

And what is to prevent someone from downloading the source code, taking what they like, change the name of all the functions and modify as they please?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
legendary
Activity: 910
July 28, 2016, 06:32:15 PM
What about mafia ? What about misuse of blockchain technology.

July 28, 2016, 03:01:52 PM
iamnotback, are you trying to flirt with steemit girls now? And becoming a regular steemit poster while bashing it this whole time? LOL

I guess steem is a success!

Hahaha. No I was just doing market research.

I post sincerely. It doesn't mean I have any intention other than seeing an opportunity to be sincere while also gathering some feedback on the inspiration and mindset of the ladies who are joining Steem. The female demographic is very important to break out of our all male blocknerdiness.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
July 28, 2016, 02:49:43 PM
steemit coin i think is not special only altcoin
steemit coin is special distributed too social media platform equal facebook
but in there every activity can reward steemit coin

....Is this site full of 3rd world country foreigners or something?  It's hard to understand what half the people say around here
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
July 28, 2016, 02:41:51 PM
steemit coin i think is not special only altcoin
steemit coin is special distributed too social media platform equal facebook
but in there every activity can reward steemit coin
Activity: 1568
Merit: 502
July 28, 2016, 10:30:39 AM
iamnotback, are you trying to flirt with steemit girls now? And becoming a regular steemit poster while bashing it this whole time? LOL

I also guess steemit got success by engaging that many users in system that generate huge amount for them.

I think dev have successful in his work. But what about affects of it in society. What about mafia ? What about misuse of blockchain technology.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
July 28, 2016, 09:20:24 AM

Pages:
Jump to: