Pages:
Author

Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed - page 78. (Read 107058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
July 21, 2016, 11:19:42 AM
My concerns about that are:

1. What if BTC skyrockets and steem value stays the same?
2. What if Steem gets hacked again within that time?
3. Time value of money... having 3.6 BTC now is much better than getting it over the course of 2 years
4. Am I really trusting that the Devs have thought this through.... that they not only understand crypto but also ECONOMICS enough to know that this ecosystem is sustainable?

1. there's always this risk.. you can make this same question for any investment in bitcoin.
2. same answer ^
3. yeah sure. but dont forget about the reason why you powered up. to have profit with this you will need to "work" in steemit. With more power you will earn more from PoS, curation and other things.

What's your steem account? Let's become whales and upvote eachother Wink

I'm @dafar
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 21, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

3. Time value of money... having 3.6 BTC now is much better than getting it over the course of 2 years
4. Am I really trusting that the Devs have thought this through.... that they not only understand crypto but also ECONOMICS enough to know that this ecosystem is sustainable?

1. there's always this risk.. you can make this same question for any investment in bitcoin.
2. same answer ^
3. yeah sure. but dont forget about the reason why you powered up. to have profit with this you will need to "work" in steemit. With more power you will earn more from PoS, curation and other things.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
July 21, 2016, 11:04:48 AM
LoL wath a funny threat.
Cant do annything else than lought of you boys
legendary
dafar consulting
July 21, 2016, 10:37:53 AM
It's on POLO & everywhere, it means they are growing. If you wont get hospitalize if you lose those 3 btc then HOLD.

I won't get hospitalized haha. But I hate seeing my BTC count go down. There's a certain amount I want to HODL in case we see another rally this year. I think I will just rebuy when I get paid tomorrow.

you still are on the top of the scheme, so calm down Cheesy we have time to make some profit and get out.

Yay I'm on top! For once!!

But here's the thing... if I power down now I have to wait a full 2 years to get my 3.6 BTC back. That's an eternity for bitcoin. I'll basically be getting payments of 0.0346 BTC every week for the next 104 weeks.

Since I powered up, the obvious choice is to HODL and keep gaining interest on SteemPower. My reasons for powering up were:

1. The interest that SteemPower gets is very good, every time I refresh my SteemPower grows
2. This high interest rate will only last for 9 months... so might as well take advantage of it
3. The user growth rate is extremely impressive. It may be the first "killer app" in crypto
4. There is a small chance that I could be a REAL early adopter of this... this is only 3 months old
5. Since this is so new, and already getting so popular, and only has 30K users at the moment.... the growth side is huge, and even if this platform ends up NOT being sustainable.... there's a good chance that at least for the next few months it keeps on growing, I keep on acquiring interest on my SP and by the end of 9 months I am HOPING that I have acquired a lot of interest and the Steem price has at least doubled to make my investment worth it
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
July 21, 2016, 10:30:31 AM

It doesn't end there though, they have designed a system where they have so much voting power compared to everyone else that they decide where the pool's money is being allocated, so if they want to pay themselves and their buddies they can do it just by a mouse click.
They can also create sockpuppets account and vote for themselves.It's like a fucking cartel, they are the first crypto mafia.
They also get to decide what goes on the front page so obviously they chose to upvote boobs and steem praise, there is nothing better than vagina to prop up a massive bubble.

This is the point of all. If people will want this power for themselves they will need to buy it. If they will then Steemit will be a success.

Is this power so tempting that people will put millions of $ in it?  who will want this? Maybe a tobacco industry?
Activity: 350
July 21, 2016, 10:23:04 AM
I just used 3.6 BTC to buy Steem and power up..... you mother fuckers should have told me this yesterday

Ahh! Oh well, with the amount of traction it's already getting it may still grow higher?

you still are on the top of the scheme, so calm down Cheesy we have time to make some profit and get out.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
July 21, 2016, 10:22:29 AM
I just used 3.6 BTC to buy Steem and power up..... you mother fuckers should have told me this yesterday

Ahh! Oh well, with the amount of traction it's already getting it may still grow higher?
It's on POLO & everywhere, it means they are growing. If you wont get hospitalize if you lose those 3 btc then HOLD.
legendary
dafar consulting
July 21, 2016, 10:04:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
July 21, 2016, 02:33:57 AM
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
July 20, 2016, 10:33:58 PM
In 3 years all the new steem power that was created out of thin air to enrich the devs will be detroyed at a ratio of 10 to 1. So if you have 10 SP they will burn 9 from you and everyone else including themselves,

And you know what they say when you ask but why are you destroying 90% of my wealth in 3 year?

This is incorrect. Please stop repeating this lie. I explained to you already in the other thread why this is wrong.

The rest of the OP was factual.

Whitepaper says : In order to compensate for the ever increasing precision, the STEEM network performs a 10:1 “reverse split” every 32,000,000 blocks (about 3 years).

what part of that did you not understand?

Smooth and I explained to you many times already that a reverse split doesn't dilute anyone's holdings. Please go educate yourself at investopedia.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reversesplit.asp
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 20, 2016, 10:28:37 PM
In 3 years all the new steem power that was created out of thin air to enrich the devs will be detroyed at a ratio of 10 to 1. So if you have 10 SP they will burn 9 from you and everyone else including themselves,

And you know what they say when you ask but why are you destroying 90% of my wealth in 3 year?

This is incorrect. Please stop repeating this lie. I explained to you already in the other thread why this is wrong.

Whitepaper says : In order to compensate for the ever increasing precision, the STEEM network performs a 10:1 “reverse split” every 32,000,000 blocks (about 3 years).

what part of that did you not understand?
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
July 20, 2016, 10:11:14 PM

Activity: 66
July 20, 2016, 08:53:40 PM
Looks like you have a valid point we'll now wait what the admins and the devs has to say on this\

Admins and devs are not going to come because there is nothing to say. What is in the OP is fact
Activity: 259
July 20, 2016, 07:54:09 PM
Steem is a scam. Like LISK.

You have been warned.

why do you think lisk scam?

I have the same question. legitimate response, please...
Activity: 81
July 20, 2016, 07:12:34 PM
Steem is a scam. Like LISK.

You have been warned.

why do you think lisk scam?
legendary
Activity: 1120
July 20, 2016, 03:15:26 PM
This is scary.
NOT TOUCHING STEEM fuck that!!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
July 20, 2016, 12:16:35 PM
If you invented the facebook killer, which they have, it figures you will make lots of cash, good thing is we all do

BIG UP THE STEEMIT!!

If you can upload content without censorship I'm all for it, new "investors" will just get a sharp lesson to the investing world like everyone does , this could be the exposure bitcoin needs

Headlines in the lamestream news

"Facebook users flee En masse to Steemit the bitcoin blockchain social network"

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
@bleeprepeat
July 20, 2016, 11:53:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: