Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 135. (Read 348532 times)

legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
I`ve told some friends to test the site and told them this (copied from the ANN):

"Sign up on steemit.com today to have your account funded with 10 Steem, and let’s be part of the movement for a better online community."

Now it seems people don`t get Steem but Steem Power?
They signed up with Facebook and get this message in their wallets:

"Account registered by another account requires 10x account creation fee worth of Steem Power before it can power down"

You can't just create new accounts and "run away" with the "free money"

That’s ok, but the info in the ANN should still be correct and if it promises 10 Steem, people expect...10 Steem.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
What is about the  2 years locked stuff ?

If one earns the whatever token blogging on steemit can he cashout everyhting instantly and convert into btc ? Heard 1/10 of it.

If you earn, you earn a small amount of "Steem Dollars" and "Steem Power". Steem dollars you can trade to STEEM, which you can withdraw after that. Steem Power you can "power down" to Steem. That means, you get weekly 1/104th of the amount over 2 years.

Wait you have to power down in order to get payouts? What does it do when your powered up?

Also how do you use the block Explorer to see transactions and search to see how much steem other users have.
legendary
Activity: 910
Is there a ratio between Steem and Steem power ? Steem power seems to be 1.5 per $ according to the estimated value from random wallets on Steemit. Whereas Steem is above 4.2$. Or is the evaluation system out of date ?

The estimated value in $ shown in your wallet is the weekly average and not the current price

If you use the GUI(steemit) the ratio is 1:1
Activity: 368
Is there a ratio between Steem and Steem power ? Steem power seems to be 1.5 per $ according to the estimated value from random wallets on Steemit. Whereas Steem is above 4.2$. Or is the evaluation system out of date ?
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
seems like only handful of people are earning anything  Huh everyone else is living pipe dream

Also, how do I upload my profile photo?
legendary
I`ve told some friends to test the site and told them this (copied from the ANN):

"Sign up on steemit.com today to have your account funded with 10 Steem, and let’s be part of the movement for a better online community."

"Account registered by another account requires 10x account creation fee worth of Steem Power before it can power down"

You can't just create new accounts and "run away" with the "free money"
legendary
Activity: 984

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi Guys,

I've started mining, that works great.

Now i have some VESTS in my wallet_cli, but can someone explane how to convert them to STEEM and send them to an exchange? Smiley
What is about the  2 years locked stuff ?

If one earns the whatever token blogging on steemit can he cashout everyhting instantly and convert into btc ? Heard 1/10 of it.

If you earn, you earn a small amount of "Steem Dollars" and "Steem Power". Steem dollars you can trade to STEEM, which you can withdraw after that. Steem Power you can "power down" to Steem. That means, you get weekly 1/104th of the amount over 2 years.

You can also trade Steem Dollars directly for Bitcoin on Bittrex, although that market has been kind of thin so far.

Flam, half the posting rewards are Steem Dollars and half are Steem Power. Only the Steem Power part has any locking requirement whatsoever. The Steem Dollars can be cashed out immediately.

Thtanks you guys,

I saw that Steem$ is pegged against the dollar at 1-1 rate.
Steem power is like a locked fund to earn interests (I don't fully know what they are atm).
and Steem is whatever the value against btc.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What is about the  2 years locked stuff ?

You can also trade Steem Dollars directly for Bitcoin on Bittrex, although that market has been kind of thin so far.

Flam, half the posting rewards are Steem Dollars and half are Steem Power. Only the Steem Power part has any locking requirement whatsoever. The Steem Dollars can be cashed out immediately.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

Activity: 824
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Can someone in a nut shell describe why the price is so high? I see no real reason, but perhaps I am missing major news.
Activity: 824
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Wow that buy wall at 565k...  Shocked
Someone know something  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i didn't follow this, is this minable, i assume no right?

Yes it is mineable

mmh interesting, are there nvidia miners available yet?

Only CPU mining so far

there is an eli5 somewhere for the cpu mining?
legendary
Hello community steemit!
Hello @bytemaster

I cann't login to my steemit account. WHEN MY PASSWORD UPDATED.

my profile: https://steemit.com/@tonyson

I Updated password --> POSTING, OWNER, ACTIVE key. I use a password that has at 63 character (>>I have used english language for my password). Right my password on a PASS.txt file BUT I cann't logged in successfully to my steemit account.

I can logged in successfully to my steemit account yesterday (POSTING, OWNER ACTIVE KEY). But, today I can not login

The guide of @pfunk : https://steemit.com/steemit-guides/@pfunk/your-steem-account-is-worth-money-how-to-secure-it-with-a-new-owner-key-to-keep-it-yours-forever

I cann't login to my steemit account. I've entered the correct password, but I still cann't connect.

I uncheck the box "keep me logged in" but I cann't login to my steemit account.
I used a different browser for testing( chrome, firefox, IE, etc...) but I cann't login to my steemit account.
I am not copying password with an extra space at the beginning or end.

How do I login with my steemit account?
I have 6200 steem power in my steemit account.

I want to have a password reset . CAN YOU HELP ME.

Tonyson
I hope you can help me
best regards.

https://steemit.com/helpme/@hien-tran/i-cann-t-login-to-my-steemit-account-when-my-password-updated

Have you tried slack? https://steem.slack.com/messages/help/ you might have a better chance there
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
Hello Steemers,
follow me on Steemit Smiley

https://steemit.com/@heltiko
Jump to: