Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 31. (Read 348532 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 02:32:09 PM
I have a stupid question.... But I can't figure it out on my own.

If I buy STEEM on Bittrex, how do I transfer it to my SteemIT account?

All I can find is "Buy STEEM" and it takes me to blocktrades...

I just need an address to send it too, but STEEM only uses usernames... I just don't get it.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 01:04:45 PM
Hey everyone.

I am relatively new to SteemIt.

I was reading this article: https://lunyr.com/article/Steemit and the part about censorship doesn't make sense to me.

I think the author wrote it incorrectly, but I'm not sure.

Is it correct?
Activity: 826
Merit: 314
GIF by SOCIFI
February 10, 2018, 11:49:39 AM
Tokens if I buy more subscribers?
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
STEEM is a great project from great minds with a great vision, check out STEEM review from our website.
GIF by SOCIFI
February 09, 2018, 12:06:12 PM
Guess steemit has too many registrations, at the moment.  Smiley

Maybe they weren`t prepared for this. I`m also waiting since January 17th for my account-activation.

For me a good sign to buy more steem-coins.
Get them while it's cheap.
When the Smart Media Tokens are released, STEEM will be in High Demand.
Also bought tokens on the decline, I hope in the future will be more expensive
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
February 09, 2018, 05:46:50 AM
I would like to ask how long should I wait before my account will be approved? It's been a month but still no notice from their reply.

Yeah, I heard it does take awhile to get your account approved these days.  I'm not sure what's with the long wait times.

Mine was approved in less than 3 days from memory. This was only towards the end of 2017.

If it has been that long I'm not sure what the hold up is. Maybe something to do with the country or email address you're using?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
February 08, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

Maybe they weren`t prepared for this. I`m also waiting since January 17th for my account-activation.

Get them while it's cheap.
When the Smart Media Tokens are released, STEEM will be in High Demand.
GIF by SOCIFI
February 08, 2018, 11:38:37 AM
I do not like that registration is too complicated with the phone number. But this is a guarantee against spam.
Activity: 427
Merit: 7
February 08, 2018, 07:22:25 AM

Activity: 84
Merit: 11
February 08, 2018, 06:37:59 AM
Hmm, didn't knew that you guys are having to wait for so long to get your accounts activated. Surely not an ideal situation. 2-3 months ago, this waiting period was about 1-7 days, and now 1 month! Surprising! I thought the conditions would get better, but they have worsened. Between, one of the reasons that there is so much delay in account approvals is because Steemit has to pay for every account creation and obviously this slows down things. Probably this issue will be addressed in the next update, called "velocity". Although, I think one solution to this could have been if the users were allowed to pay for their account creation during signup. Would have helped a lot.

Pay for every account creation? What do you mean?
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
February 08, 2018, 12:36:14 AM
Hmm, didn't knew that you guys are having to wait for so long to get your accounts activated. Surely not an ideal situation. 2-3 months ago, this waiting period was about 1-7 days, and now 1 month! Surprising! I thought the conditions would get better, but they have worsened. Between, one of the reasons that there is so much delay in account approvals is because Steemit has to pay for every account creation and obviously this slows down things. Probably this issue will be addressed in the next update, called "velocity". Although, I think one solution to this could have been if the users were allowed to pay for their account creation during signup. Would have helped a lot.
February 06, 2018, 09:15:40 PM
I would like to ask how long should I wait before my account will be approved? It's been a month but still no notice from their reply.

It takes a long time but certainly not a month. If you have verified your email and phone and still not approved, then you can ask for help in this official Steemit channel: https://steemit.chat/channel/help They usually approve it in 1-2 days.

I wish it would work as you said. I have personally applied on 13th of January and I am still waiting for my account to be confirmed. Because there is no email address where you can reach out to their support I ended up in that steemit.chat, where I got in touch with some guy who gave me to fill another form with some details (what account name I wanted to register, date and my email) - I have checked this guy seems to be involved into community and doesn't sound like a scam for me, his name is drakos (others told me to contact this dude as well). On that 2nd form I filled in it states wait 2 weeks - 2 weeks passed today and still I don't have my account approved. And yes I tried to speak multiple times on steem.chat with other members and they tell me to wait. Bad side of steemit is that you are required to have an account there to be able to use platform, I get it they might get spam by simply enabling usual priv+pub keys only, but anyway it doesn't stop anyone to simply open multiple accounts if they have money.

I guess it is better to buy steemit account via blocktrades which costs around 20$ at current rate if you are in a hurry to use steem platform. I am just hoping my account will be approved this week, if not I'll have to spam multiple times per day on steem.chat it seems and I ma not even sure if that will get me approved. But in the end I might end up with blocktrades (tho now when btc price went down it costs more to open account at btc and other crypto rate), better they say registration is closed or we don't have enough steem power to delegate or something than saying wait a week for the 1st time.

So I do believe this guy who says he is waiting over a month. Because this is exact situation for me.

I'm curious if this is the same experience for everyone.  Have there been any signups lately that got approved and how long did it take them?

If this is happening to everyone, this is not good for STEEM.  But if only a select group are getting this treatment, perhaps a short message to inform them that their signups was not approved may be good.

I get it that perhaps the Steemit team wants to limit scammers, perhaps some efficient method to do this can be developed.
February 06, 2018, 09:07:14 PM
I can't seem to access Steemit.com. Anyone having the same issue?
Now checking. All working good. Site is opening. Trying change browser.

Thanks. It's working now, indeed. Was having a "Bad Gateway" connection, perhaps that was temporary.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
February 06, 2018, 11:48:47 AM

It takes a long time but certainly not a month. If you have verified your email and phone and still not approved, then you can ask for help in this official Steemit channel: https://steemit.chat/channel/help They usually approve it in 1-2 days.

I wish it would work as you said. I have personally applied on 13th of January and I am still waiting for my account to be confirmed. Because there is no email address where you can reach out to their support I ended up in that steemit.chat, where I got in touch with some guy who gave me to fill another form with some details (what account name I wanted to register, date and my email) - I have checked this guy seems to be involved into community and doesn't sound like a scam for me, his name is drakos (others told me to contact this dude as well). On that 2nd form I filled in it states wait 2 weeks - 2 weeks passed today and still I don't have my account approved. And yes I tried to speak multiple times on steem.chat with other members and they tell me to wait. Bad side of steemit is that you are required to have an account there to be able to use platform, I get it they might get spam by simply enabling usual priv+pub keys only, but anyway it doesn't stop anyone to simply open multiple accounts if they have money.

I guess it is better to buy steemit account via blocktrades which costs around 20$ at current rate if you are in a hurry to use steem platform. I am just hoping my account will be approved this week, if not I'll have to spam multiple times per day on steem.chat it seems and I ma not even sure if that will get me approved. But in the end I might end up with blocktrades (tho now when btc price went down it costs more to open account at btc and other crypto rate), better they say registration is closed or we don't have enough steem power to delegate or something than saying wait a week for the 1st time.

So I do believe this guy who says he is waiting over a month. Because this is exact situation for me.
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
February 06, 2018, 09:34:13 AM

Activity: 350
Merit: 103
February 06, 2018, 06:22:00 AM
Now checking. All working good. Site is opening. Trying change browser.
February 06, 2018, 01:27:01 AM

Yeah, I heard it does take awhile to get your account approved these days.  I'm not sure what's with the long wait times.

February 06, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 67
February 05, 2018, 03:02:36 PM
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
February 04, 2018, 10:52:37 PM
Is there any plan steemit would allow advertisement to let content creator to monetize on their content further? I think it will add an extra layer of incentive for people get involved and speed up the adoption. Is it possible to add it to the current model somehow?

You can monetize your content now by using different affilate links in your posts, posting articles for bounty content creation programs and so on. This commutity is the target audience for cryptoprojects, so thus you will have a good convertion.
Pages:
Jump to: