Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 30. (Read 348532 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
February 14, 2018, 07:53:41 PM
Any opinions on minnowbooster?
How does delegating to bot compare Vs leasing, income-wise? And how do I undelegate from bot?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 02:53:42 PM
This is somehow bizarre to me also. Platforms like this should have a hassle-less signup method but this one seems to have the opposite procedure for it. My friend also signed up for Steemit 5 weeks ago but he still is waiting for the confirmation of a successful signup. I just can't fathom the reason behind these delays. People will not use this project if the first process takes too long compared to the other platforms.

One quick question, do they have a live statistics for its user-base and where we can check it?

What also strikes me as a bit weird is that the username I signed up with shows up as available if I try to sign up again, but I get an error message when I input my phone number, saying it has already been used. So this is kind of sending me mixed signals, some parts of my signup has been registered, other parts have not. Very odd.

Reading the FAQ gave me the impression that I could somehow sign up "manually" by purchasing tokens of their currency and paying some sort of signup fee. This would probably be more instant, but Ḯm not sure what kind of cost we are talking here. If it is just a trivial ammount I'd consider doing that instead.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
February 14, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
Almost 2 months now since my application for a steemit account but they havent approved it yet, some are saying that your location determines how fast the team will approve you. does that mean that the project is for the elite first world citizens only ?

Doesn't it say that you should log on to some chat and inquire about the progress if it takes more than one week? 2 months sounds unreasonable. I signed up about 24 hours ago, and I'm already getting impatient over not even having received any kind of confirmation email or anything. I really can't see any reason why this should take any more than 5 minutes as soon as you provide the code from the SMS.

This is somehow bizarre to me also. Platforms like this should have a hassle-less signup method but this one seems to have the opposite procedure for it. My friend also signed up for Steemit 5 weeks ago but he still is waiting for the confirmation of a successful signup. I just can't fathom the reason behind these delays. People will not use this project if the first process takes too long compared to the other platforms.

One quick question, do they have a live statistics for its user-base and where we can check it?
February 14, 2018, 02:31:39 PM
Almost 2 months now since my application for a steemit account but they havent approved it yet, some are saying that your location determines how fast the team will approve you. does that mean that the project is for the elite first world citizens only ?

Doesn't it say that you should log on to some chat and inquire about the progress if it takes more than one week? 2 months sounds unreasonable. I signed up about 24 hours ago, and I'm already getting impatient over not even having received any kind of confirmation email or anything. I really can't see any reason why this should take any more than 5 minutes as soon as you provide the code from the SMS.
Activity: 347
Merit: 10
February 14, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
February 13, 2018, 07:09:34 PM
That would be considered a Ponzi scheme Grin
Amount of steem doesn't impact how much you will earn. You can power up with that steem and get a higher voting power, but the downside is you won't be able to power down for another 2 years after powering up.

Ok, so having more steem gives me the ability to influence how much other users make by upvoting and so on, but my own earnings from posting, commenting and curating is unaffected? So no long term strategy involves having to buy extra currency to make it, got it! Smiley Thanks.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
February 13, 2018, 06:02:40 PM
I just wrote a new article on my Steemit.
https://steemit.com/@correia

This is useful for everyone that needs more upvotes for their articles.

For those who don't know it yet, I leave here my article about SteemFollower.
https://steemit.com/steemit/@correia/steemfollower-or-boost-up-your-steemit

Please upvote and leave a comment on what you think of the article.

Hope it was helpful to you! Don’t forget to follow for crypto related articles.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Anarchy
February 13, 2018, 12:58:32 PM
So do you somehow make more steem the more steem you have? Is that how it works? Can someone please help me understand how this works?
That would be considered a Ponzi scheme Grin
Amount of steem doesn't impact how much you will earn. You can power up with that steem and get a higher voting power, but the downside is you won't be able to power down for another 2 years after powering up.
February 13, 2018, 12:29:40 PM
So do you somehow make more steem the more steem you have? Is that how it works? Can someone please help me understand how this works?
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 08:36:34 AM
It is a good method to earn money if you have enough knowledge to crypto currencys about . I have friends who make money this way but I didn't dare yet.

In order to make money through steemit you need to make some followers and also you need to find the new way to address people should do your best. It is so simple for you to make money but really it will take some time to grow your community.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Anarchy
February 13, 2018, 07:36:53 AM
It is a good method to earn money if you have enough knowledge to crypto currencys about . I have friends who make money this way but I didn't dare yet.
You could write about other topics as well, not only cryptocurrencies. I used to write a lot of poetry and published it on Steemit. Made around a dollar in total, but it was worth it anyways.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
February 13, 2018, 02:35:44 AM
Blog translate in new language example polish.
Activity: 770
Merit: 112
February 12, 2018, 04:29:44 PM
Hey everyone.

I am relatively new to SteemIt.

I was reading this article: https://lunyr.com/article/Steemit and the part about censorship doesn't make sense to me.

I think the author wrote it incorrectly, but I'm not sure.

Is it correct?

No, the author has written right. Steemit is basically a censorship resistant platform, at least from the central point of view. No body can delete what you post on Steemit, not even you. Although, yes, big whales can downvote your posts, and make them kinda hidden, but still not fully hidden. For example, on Facebook, you can delete your posts, facebook can delete your posts. On Steemit, nothing like this can happen.

I have a stupid question.... But I can't figure it out on my own.

If I buy STEEM on Bittrex, how do I transfer it to my SteemIT account?

All I can find is "Buy STEEM" and it takes me to blocktrades...

I just need an address to send it too, but STEEM only uses usernames... I just don't get it.
Your Steemit username is your wallet address. Just go ahead with it. It does not use any random alphanumeric addresses.

Besides your username which can be used as an address for depositing Steem in your Steemit account, you also need "memo key" which can be foun on your profile! Here's a nice post on Steemit which describes all process https://steemit.com/steem/@steempowerwhale/for-newbies-what-is-my-steemit-wallet-address-and-how-can-i-make-a-deposit-visual-step-by-step-help-guide-a-100-steem-power-up !
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 09:00:43 AM
Steem is also alot cheaper then it was when it came out. Early investors lost out unless they went viral.
Activity: 210
February 11, 2018, 04:30:31 PM
Activity: 227
February 11, 2018, 03:26:48 PM
I just need an address to send it too, but STEEM only uses usernames... I just don't get it.

Your username is your address, try with a small amount first.
Okay, thanks.
I'm just used to having random generated address.
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
February 11, 2018, 02:54:31 PM
Hey everyone.

I was reading this article: https://lunyr.com/article/Steemit and the part about censorship doesn't make sense to me.

Is it correct?

No, the author has written right. Steemit is basically a censorship resistant platform, at least from the central point of view. No body can delete what you post on Steemit, not even you. Although, yes, big whales can downvote your posts, and make them kinda hidden, but still not fully hidden. For example, on Facebook, you can delete your posts, facebook can delete your posts. On Steemit, nothing like this can happen.

Your Steemit username is your wallet address. Just go ahead with it. It does not use any random alphanumeric addresses.
Activity: 448
Merit: 109
February 11, 2018, 06:10:50 AM
Hey everyone.

Is it correct?

It doesn't have any kind of censorship. All that this article is saying is that you have a blockchain which runs on nodes and you have websites such as steemit.com , busy.org and others. This websites could potentially hide some content which is out there in the blockchain. Since many people go with steemit.com it is somewhat how they can censor you but they shouldn't do that - problem here is that we have to trust the website with our content and steem account.
Activity: 770
Merit: 112
February 11, 2018, 04:57:59 AM

I think you can't buy Steem from exchanges and transfer to your Steemit account, you can only buy Steem or Steem Dollars using blocktrades directly from your Steemit account! I tried to transfer Steem to my account but I havn't find an option to do that, so I have bought from blocktrades using my Steemit account!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2018, 03:22:23 PM

Your username is your address, try with a small amount first.
Pages:
Jump to: